Better Than Black Friday
120 Members and 6870 Guests Online

WEN

Guthy Renker Wen

Started 1320346133.76 in WEN | Last reply 1320526407.663 by chgogirl
replies

I know that it has been discussed that this product is different than the wen sold on qvc and chaz's site, but does anyone here use the Guthy Renker wen and like the results?

Page 1 of 1
jurby1320347339.45596 PostsRegistered 8/14/2007

i've never used both - only from QVC and Chaz's own site - but have read a bunch of comments from people who've used both who have said that they feel the Guthy Renker version is essentially sub-par to and doesn't work as well as QVC/Chaz's. i've seen a recent comment on Chaz's and the Wen (not the 'Wen by Chaz Dean' Guthy Renker) Facebook page by Wen/Chaz that all 3 versions are identical. i'm not sure i believe that as i read a posting by the Wen team on the Wen Facebook page few months back that a source involved (or previously involved?) with Guthy Renker admitted not long ago that Guthy Renker has indeed changed some of the ingredients from Chaz's original formula (which is what QVC and Chaz's site sell) to cheaper costing ingredients that they state do the same thing as Chaz's original formula/ingredients. at any rate, just knowing that Guthy Renker has changed ingredients in order to cut their costs there is no way i'd ever use the Guthy Renker version (that and they're known for horrendous customer service!).

ibb381320347488.0112520 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

At the beauty bash, Chaz's staff told me the GR products weren't as moisturizing.

amo21mn1320375064.517216 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

I don't understand why he would want to sell something different with GR than QVC/his own site. Wouldn't you think it could ruin his reputation if the GR stuff was sub-par? His name is on it. Unless he got into a bad contract he couldn't get out of... speaking of bad contracts... I wouldn't buy from GR purely because of their unscrupulous sales tactics.

jurby1320435130.843596 PostsRegistered 8/14/2007

Chaz has little to no control over what Guthy Renker does with the formulas. Yes, he may get a percentage from the Guthy Renker profits (it's likely in whatever contract he negotiated with Guthy Renker) but i have no doubt that because they are a much larger company than Chaz's that the contract they have with him has one or more clauses that allows them to change formulas to their preference (ie. changing ingredients to less costly ingredients that work similarly) as long as the product works similarly to the original. yes, you'd think that Guthy Renker's inferior product would give Chaz a bad reputation (and there are a lot of upset GR customers who blame Chaz for the problems they have with Guthy Renker) but since Chaz has no control over the Guthy Renker products nor customer service, Chaz doesn't really have much - if any - recourse. the only thing Chaz can really do is point to Guthy Renker and say "talk to Guthy Renker". it's unfortunate that so many consumers get sucked in by the Guthy Renker infomercials only to find out that the products are inferior and/or they get scr*wed over by the customer service. the infomercials are slick but every time i see them i just want to yell at the tv "don't do it! don't get suckered!".

CreditCard­Overload1320461876.087526 PostsRegistered 8/17/2007

I didn't know the GR version was different. I always had high regard for Chaz. Not anymore. Money, money, money. That's all anyone cares about anymore. I've been unemployed for over a year and unemployment is coming to an end. How about at least giving us a decent product. Unless you really keep up you are clueless. I'm busting my *ss looking for a job and not just Chaz is selling an inferior product.

Why would I buy a shampoo here for $30 when I can use VO5 for $.99 a bottle? I felt like a sucker big time. Since doing alot of learning (when you don't have money, you improvise) I will NEVER buy again from the shopping channels. When I get a job again, the money will go into a savings account.

I've never had any problem with shampoo OTC. Use VO5 Conditioner. It has the 2 main ingredients for cleansing, doesn't have SLS and your hair is just as good if not better than Wen. Don't get me wrong, I used to use it before I got laid off and did alot of learning.

Know what I learned? DON'T WATCH THESE SHOPPING CHANNELS! You can get the exact same end results from the OTC products if you are willing to do the work to explore ingredients.

--------------------------------
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

Adgiecsb1320469048.01363 PostsRegistered 10/7/2011
On 11/4/2011 CreditCardOverload said:

I didn't know the GR version was different. I always had high regard for Chaz. Not anymore. Money, money, money. That's all anyone cares about anymore. I've been unemployed for over a year and unemployment is coming to an end. How about at least giving us a decent product. Unless you really keep up you are clueless. I'm busting my *ss looking for a job and not just Chaz is selling an inferior product.

Why would I buy a shampoo here for $30 when I can use VO5 for $.99 a bottle? I felt like a sucker big time. Since doing alot of learning (when you don't have money, you improvise) I will NEVER buy again from the shopping channels. When I get a job again, the money will go into a savings account.

I've never had any problem with shampoo OTC. Use VO5 Conditioner. It has the 2 main ingredients for cleansing, doesn't have SLS and your hair is just as good if not better than Wen. Don't get me wrong, I used to use it before I got laid off and did alot of learning.

Know what I learned? DON'T WATCH THESE SHOPPING CHANNELS! You can get the exact same end results from the OTC products if you are willing to do the work to explore ingredients.

How do you cleanse with VO5?

chgogirl1320526407.6632161 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007
On 11/4/2011 Adgiecsb said:
On 11/4/2011 CreditCardOverload said:

How do you cleanse with VO5?

I want to know that too.

Page 1 of 1