TSV(R) Preview
93 Members and 15097 Guests Online

WEN

Best SHAMPOO for Color Treated Hair? Wen is making my hair LIMP!

Started 1316266588.093 in WEN | Last reply 1316517132.95 by alyeska

I used wen for a year but lately my hair is lifeless. I want to go back to a shampoo for color treated hair, one that has a good lather and leaves hair shiny, clean and not stripped.

Can u recommend any?

Page 1 of 1
Pomeranian­Fluff1316266837.517937 PostsRegistered 1/4/2008Vegas...

Maybe you are using the wrong formula of Wen? I know I was, and my hair was also limp. I used Fig for months before I realized that it was WAY too moisturizing for my hair. Now I use Pom and it's not the least bit limp.

WillEscape­CAsoon1316267099.753273 PostsRegistered 3/5/2009

Dove hair care is gentle. I think it would be very easy on color treated hair.

ClassySass­yGal1316267643.063401 PostsRegistered 1/5/2007
On 9/17/2011 tigerstripe said:

I used wen for a year but lately my hair is lifeless. I want to go back to a shampoo for color treated hair, one that has a good lather and leaves hair shiny, clean and not stripped.

Can u recommend any?

I do not recommend shampoo. Maybe on the beauty board they might.

I Teach Too1316268045.74311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.

I am a WEN gal, but I have read some having good luck with the Lea Journo (I probably spelled that wrong) products.

Also, I have to switch WEN formulas depending on the weather, my hair length, and where I am in my perm cycle. I use Pom, Fig, 613, Lav, and CA at differing times and in differing combos.

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

tigerstripe1316270737.377370 PostsRegistered 11/11/2007Trenton, MO

I use Pomegranate and used to be fluffy but now lifeless..

AnnikaC1316272161.021003 PostsRegistered 4/26/2011

I use the Matrix Biolage line for color treated hair, and I really like it. It feels clean without being stripped of moisture. It's also very reasonably priced.

ValentinaB­on1316302807.8536934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

You might get a lot more suggestions if you posted this on the regular beauty banter forum too since most on this board really like WEN. Good luck!

DUH....WENing! :)

buyornot1316303350.12671 PostsRegistered 7/7/2008

Redken for color treated-red containers-on a good sale at Walmart-still kind of pricey-good quality shampoo.

CallMeL1316303648.033233 PostsRegistered 8/13/2007OC, CA

Used to use Pureology (salon brand) when it was one of the first no-sulfate shampoos. It was a very nice lathering formula, but very pricey and only available in beauty supply stores. One I have used lately- and am very happy with- is L'Oreal Eversleek. Very affordable "drugstore brand" and available just about everywhere. It does lather, though it has no sulfate, which is supposed to prevent color fade. It works very well for me. Costs more than regular drugstore shampoos, but worth it, in my opinion. Picked some up at Target most recently and got slightly larger tubes at around $6 or so each. I use both the shampoo and conditioner.

Last edited on 9/17/2011

Last edited on 9/17/2011

Cool; dark brown w/ red and blonde highlights, blue eyes, fair.

GGBOXERS1316306341.8453 PostsRegistered 1/30/2007Greensburg, PA
On 9/17/2011 CallMeL said:

Used to use Pureology (salon brand) when it was one of the first no-sulfate shampoos. It was a very nice lathering formula, but very pricey and only available in beauty supply stores. One I have used lately- and am very happy with- is L'Oreal Eversleek. Very affordable "drugstore brand" and available just about everywhere. It does lather, though it has no sulfate, which is supposed to prevent color fade. It works very well for me. Costs more than regular drugstore shampoos, but worth it, in my opinion. Picked some up at Target most recently and got slightly larger tubes at around $6 or so each. I use both the shampoo and conditioner.

Last edited on 9/17/2011

UNC Blue F­an1316356581.2976 PostsRegistered 9/10/2011
You need to try "It's a Ten" shampoo and conditioner. Love it when I am not using Wen. I switch back and forth.

buyornot1316383189.782671 PostsRegistered 7/7/2008

Actually, I did do a lot of testing over the summer and my favorite turned out to be Bumble and Bumble Seaweed-available at Target, Wegmans...I did also try it's a Ten, but liked this even better. Mild to color also.

Karol20801316390998.2471 PostsRegistered 9/18/2011

I thought there was only one formula and the only difference was they were different scents.

ValentinaB­on1316402822.3436934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

Pom came out in Nov of last year if I remember correctly. What WEN were you using before POM?

DUH....WENing! :)

ValentinaB­on1316402930.886934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 9/18/2011 Karol2080 said:

I thought there was only one formula and the only difference was they were different scents.

If you are referring to WEN, WEN cleansing conditioners have different formulas for different hair types and issues. The remoist, Replenishing mist and styling creams are the same formula with the scent being the only difference.

DUH....WENing! :)

snowleopard1316451077.8431089 PostsRegistered 4/12/2008

tigerstripe, I use Redken Color Extend - poo and conditioner -- have for years. My hair loves it. I use daily, because I workout daily and must wash my sweaty head daily, ... and Redken keeps my hair shiny, moisturized, soft, and doesn't strip color. Further, it actually gives life/body to my very straight hair.

frisky_fil­ly1316451435.02883 PostsRegistered 12/7/2005

Thank you for starting this thread...I too find that WEN leaves my hair limp. I can't help it...I like lather! I am looking forward to trying some of the recommendations shared here.

ValentinaB­on1316452425.3036934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 9/19/2011 frisky_filly said:

Thank you for starting this thread...I too find that WEN leaves my hair limp. I can't help it...I like lather! I am looking forward to trying some of the recommendations shared here.

Hmm, this is interesting since you recently posted on another WEN thread on hair loss telling the ladies than you for sharing their hair loss stories because you siad " I thought WEN would be GOOD for my hair...thank you SO much for helping me to dodge a potential bullet that might have made my hair loss worse. " I think it is great that you are reading recomendations from this thread to find a shampoo that works for you but to say you used WEN and it made your hair limp doesn't seem to actually be true since it appears you've never tried it. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

DUH....WENing! :)

Stasia 41316453168.15553 PostsRegistered 8/17/2011

I like both Matrix Biolage and Pantene, both for color-treated hair. I've been using Pantene for many, many years and alternate with Matrix. Smile (I read the Wen threads to find out how many people are liking it as well as who is having problems with it, and I appreciate hearing about your experience with Wen, tigerstripe.)

Underdog1316463800.8432 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011

My hair is color-treated and gets limp very easily also. Two brands I use (in addition to WEN) and recommend highly: Alterna and Aveda. Pricey but worth it. The Alterna Anti-Aging is excellent and available in moisture and volume formulas. The also have a new Bamboo line made specifically for color-treated hair. As for Aveda, try the Color Conserve line. It leaves your hair smooth and shiny but doesn't weigh it down. Another option is Fekkai. Their Color Care line is pretty good as long as your hair isn't insanely dry. Good luck!

BigDogMom1316465027.175 PostsRegistered 8/16/2005

I've been using Ojon Color Sustain shampoo, conditioner and protecting cream. I have fine hair and WEN was making it break more easily. My hair dresser said everyone she's worked on with more breakage had tried WEN for about 6 months before they noticed the breakage. I was one of them. Since I stopped WEN and switched to Ojon I have seen a real difference. With Ojon, the breakage has been reduced to very little and my hair has more elasticity. Breakage is always going to happen but at least I can keep it to a minimum. It does not make it limp. Just be careful with the protecting cream. I use a pea sized amount for the whole head and it's plenty. Ojon has cut down on the frizz too. I don't get "Bozo hair" in humidity, just a little curling and waving on the ends. For me it's the best!

yogagirl7771316497784.897481 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011
On 9/17/2011 sassyme said:
On 9/17/2011 tigerstripe said:

I used wen for a year but lately my hair is lifeless. I want to go back to a shampoo for color treated hair, one that has a good lather and leaves hair shiny, clean and not stripped.

Can u recommend any?

I do not recommend shampoo. Maybe on the beauty board they might.

"Friends don't let friends use shampoo" (quote on WEN tshirts!) lol. Nope, WEN gals aren't going to be making shampoo recommendations on the WEN forum

straitgirl1316497902.96321625 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I use Color Shield.

puglet1316516622.562153 PostsRegistered 9/3/2011

Lea Journo. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~ Anatole France

alyeska1316517132.8974 PostsRegistered 5/12/2005South Jersey
On 9/19/2011 snowleopard said:

tigerstripe, I use Redken Color Extend - poo and conditioner -- have for years. My hair loves it. I use daily, because I workout daily and must wash my sweaty head daily, ... and Redken keeps my hair shiny, moisturized, soft, and doesn't strip color. Further, it actually gives life/body to my very straight hair.

I agree totally!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Page 1 of 1