Labor Day Weekend Clearance
77 Members and 8130 Guests Online

WEN

Hair Oil Ingredients

Started 1314712616.367 in WEN | Last reply 1314804944.463 by ValentinaBon

Does anyone know the ingredients of the hair oils? His website just says jojoba and "essential oils." I was going to buy some but I'm afraid it might have an ingredient I'm allergic to.

I don't like it when companies don't list the ingredients!

Page 1 of 1
lyn in MI1314713471.23324373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I just checked my bottle of TT, and it doesn't give details of the essential oils in the formulation.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Missy8231314719377.86604 PostsRegistered 4/23/2011New York City

You can try asking on the Wen Facebook page. Maybe whoever moderates that page can help you out. Or you can call the salon. Somebody there should know.

“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”
― Jorge Luis Borges

ValentinaB­on1314719590.226934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

I always thought it was interesting that it does not list what essential oils are used in the oils. If you find out, please let us know! :)

DUH....WENing! :)

lyn in MI1314720940.3924373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 8/30/2011 ValentinaBon said:

I always thought it was interesting that it does not list what essential oils are used in the oils. If you find out, please let us know! :)

It looks like Chaz feels the need to protect a proprietary formulation as a trade secret.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

Brabls1314721489.92714740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

On the Q he was discussing the tea tree formula-said it was tea tree oil & jojoba. The formula is changing because the oils are getting too expensive.

jurby1314727036.147583 PostsRegistered 8/14/2007

Actually, the oil formulas are changing because there's been a few years of bad jojoba crops, so there isn't enough jojoba oil for Chaz to be able keep producing the original oils. He stated this multiple times during the June shows.

bruingirl1314736188.966825 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 8/30/2011 jurby said:

Actually, the oil formulas are changing because there's been a few years of bad jojoba crops, so there isn't enough jojoba oil for Chaz to be able keep producing the original oils. He stated this multiple times during the June shows.

correct. The new oils are treatment based. They'll have a mix of oils and other ingredients.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

lovemygigi1314776211.895095 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010
On 8/30/2011 Brabls said:

On the Q he was discussing the tea tree formula-said it was tea tree oil & jojoba. The formula is changing because the oils are getting too expensive.

Brabis, I believe you are right that the only ingredients in the original oils are jojoba and the essential oil it is named for. That is what I recall always hearing, too. So, I always assumed that was why it just said "essential oils" because it was a given which essential oil it was. Not certain WHY the actual name is not on each bottle though. Lyn you could be right...maybe there is more than one type of essential oil in some of them.

I see bruingirl already brought up that the new ones will be a blend. I just looked around the internet and can't find any ingredient lists on them.

..." Right now, I'm in the sweet spot between complete ignorance and righteous indignation..." Stephen Colbert, 6/5/2014

Gabby651314789756.103710 PostsRegistered 1/27/2008

I don't know what is in it but the Tea Tree oil is disgusting!!! It smelled like I was rubbed down in a combo of Vicks and something. Kerosene? Yuk. I used it for the first time last night. If I wasn't so tired I would have washed it out right then. Thank God I didn't have to leave the house in an emergency. Would hate for anyone to see me with that mess on my head.

I've never used Wen before last night so I will give this a chance to work. I'll wash it out with the cleanser in a bit. I ordered A91874 and just got it yesterday. I'm in my 60's and my hair has been getting dryer and thinnnig so I hope this works. If it does it will be worth it. How soon should I see results in my hair condition. A couple of Weeks? I hope the cleanser doesn't smell this bad.

lyn in MI1314791754.7624373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 8/31/2011 lovemygigi said:
On 8/30/2011 Brabls said:

Brabis, I believe you are right that the only ingredients in the original oils are jojoba and the essential oil it is named for. That is what I recall always hearing, too. So, I always assumed that was why it just said "essential oils" because it was a given which essential oil it was. Not certain WHY the actual name is not on each bottle though. Lyn you could be right...maybe there is more than one type of essential oil in some of them.

I see bruingirl already brought up that the new ones will be a blend. I just looked around the internet and can't find any ingredient lists on them.

I think the decks state "essential oils" because each bottle contains a blend of oils, not just one. I think the oil is named for the primary essential oil contained in the formulation. It seems to me that if each bottle was just jojoba + one oil, the deck would state that.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

lyn in MI1314791885.7124373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 8/31/2011 Gabby65 said:

I don't know what is in it but the Tea Tree oil is disgusting!!! It smelled like I was rubbed down in a combo of Vicks and something. Kerosene? Yuk. I used it for the first time last night. If I wasn't so tired I would have washed it out right then. Thank God I didn't have to leave the house in an emergency. Would hate for anyone to see me with that mess on my head.

I've never used Wen before last night so I will give this a chance to work. I'll wash it out with the cleanser in a bit. I ordered A91874 and just got it yesterday. I'm in my 60's and my hair has been getting dryer and thinnnig so I hope this works. If it does it will be worth it. How soon should I see results in my hair condition. A couple of Weeks? I hope the cleanser doesn't smell this bad.

Gabby65 - I use the TT Oil on my scalp 2 - 3 times weekly. I began using it because I was receding along my hairline. It took me a few months to notice regrowth.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

Gabby651314796764.267710 PostsRegistered 1/27/2008
On 8/31/2011 lyn in MI said:
<br />

Gabby65 - I use the TT Oil on my scalp 2 - 3 times weekly. I began using it because I was receding along my hairline. It took me a few months to notice regrowth.

Yikes, don't know if I can handle it that long. lol

I washed it out with the cleanser and at least that didn't smell as bad as the oil. My hair feels clean, so I'll just have to wait and see if this product is worth it's high price before I order anything else. It sure won't be the Tea Tree. I don't have enough confidence to order the TSV darn it.

darlight1314801748.042323 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007NY

I may never buy a strore bought conditioner again, I am buying olive oil and almond oil and when i find it, coconut oil, look it up for damage..

I see it worked on my friend, her hair is silk, I just started, and no wondering if there is something bad in there, and my hair soaked it in, unlike otc stuff that lays on the hair...

Last edited on 8/31/2011

Last edited on 8/31/2011

ValentinaB­on1314804944.4336934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

darklight, I use coconut oil as a deep conditioner and have been for a long time now. Nutiva's organic 100% coconut oil is all I use (and will ever use) and it is cheap. Amazon usually has great prices on it, as does Nutiva's own website. I started using in after talking to some of my East Indian friends that have gorgeous hair and they swore by coconut oil. It is one of the few oils that actually penetrate the hair which can help make it stronger and help fight damage. Olive oil too but I personally prefer coconut oil for my hair.

DUH....WENing! :)

Page 1 of 1