Shoes & Handbags Offers
92 Members and 11398 Guests Online

WEN

Wen for Dogs

Started 1312816553.323 in WEN | Last reply 1313532374.897 by Cosmetics_Crazy

I have been using Wen for years and love it. We decided to use it on our Chanel (she is a Japanese Chin) yesterday. I would love to send Chaz before, during and after photos of her. It made such a difference in the feel and shine of her coat. Does anyone have an email address to contact Chaz?

Page 1 of 1
Suezen1312817481.347184 PostsRegistered 8/23/2009

PLEASE don't use WEN on your ANIMALS - I know Chaz says he uses it on his dogs and I have tried since the beginning of time to get him/QVC to stop - there are ingredients in WEN THAT ARE HARMFUL TO ANIMALS - ASK ANY GOOD VET.

When I first heard him say he used on his dogs I tried to contact and be kind - but NO RESPONSE. So hopefully, while some may bash me, if it can save one precious ANIMAL from these ingredients THAT ARE NOT MEANT FOR THEIR COATS - then that is fine - like I said AT LEAST AS YOUR VET - I have asked DOZENS and they all SAY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR CAT/DOG.

Everybody have a wonderful day.....

Suezen

Wadzlla1312819886.9931941 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009
On 8/8/2011 Suezen said:

PLEASE don't use WEN on your ANIMALS - I know Chaz says he uses it on his dogs and I have tried since the beginning of time to get him/QVC to stop - there are ingredients in WEN THAT ARE HARMFUL TO ANIMALS - ASK ANY GOOD VET.

When I first heard him say he used on his dogs I tried to contact and be kind - but NO RESPONSE. So hopefully, while some may bash me, if it can save one precious ANIMAL from these ingredients THAT ARE NOT MEANT FOR THEIR COATS - then that is fine - like I said AT LEAST AS YOUR VET - I have asked DOZENS and they all SAY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR CAT/DOG.

Suezen

I disagree.

There are no regulations for cleansing products used on pets. The is no FDA for companies that sell pet products. You cannot be assured of anything in products sold for pet skin and hair care- you basically have to trust the good name of the company selling the products.

I have owned a pet grooming salon for 20 + years. I have also shown dogs since I was 16. There are a number of human products which are much safer and work better than pet hair care products. I have seen many product considered safe 20 years ago now thought to be cancer causing, and other products that were thought to be unsafe now used.

There has been some discussion here about Tea Tree oil and pets- DO NOT use tea tree products on cats. There are many hair care dog shampoos with tea tree oil as an ingredient. Tea Tree oil is a very strong and irritating oil if it is not diluted. I do think the WEN tea tree CC is way too strong for dogs. That stuff is strong enough to make my skin tingle, almost a burning sensation. and the smell is powerfully overwhelming. The smell enough is IMHO too much for a dog's sensitive nose.

I have customers who pay extra for Wen CC for their dogs. I use the Almond Mint and the Fig.It really does some remarkable changes in the shine and texture of the coat. I do not think I would recommend this at home, unless you have an area set up to rinse the dog thoroughly. A dog's coat requires double or triple the rinsing to get down to the skin. DO NOT GET NEAR THE EYES.

Last edited on 8/8/2011

Last edited on 8/8/2011

ValentinaB­on1312832675.4676934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 8/8/2011 Suezen said:

Suezen

I use WEN on my dogs all the time and have for years. Their skin and coat has never looked better and the vet agrees. No more itchy, dry skin. I would never, ever do anything that would even remotely harm my dogs, as they are part of my family, and have had no issues with WEN on my dogs. I use SAM and POM mainly. I would not use tea tree on them, however. I have a 10 year old Great Dane that I get tested for various things on a regular basis and even he has stellar test results with no issues. I know Chaz would not put his dogs in jeapordy either and if even thought for a second it would hurt his babies, he wouldn't use it on them. I think it is like anything else in this world- what may work for some may not work for others. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend WEN to dog owners (and, in fact, I have and every one has had incredible success with it).

DUH....WENing! :)

ctinaw1312846062.831532 PostsRegistered 3/7/2005

Which ingredients in WEN are harmful to dogs? I hadn't even thought of this before and I am pretty careful about what products and food I give/use with my pets. I've given my dog baths a few times with WEN and no problems. Could you please reply with which ingredients are harmful and why they are harmful? Thanks.

xtremevolu­me1313159134.1776 PostsRegistered 8/12/2011

I use one spray of the Sweet Almond Mint replenishing treatment mist in my hands and rub it on my long hair cats top coat. She gets very matted up when I do this once a week it keeps her hair softer and it doesn't mat up and is much easier to get a comb through.

ascendingp­hoenix1313212935.32316 PostsRegistered 10/14/2010

I wrote this a few months ago as an answer to a qvc question. I hope it helps you. By the way the puppy a year and a half later is now a mother of her own happy and healthy and thriving. I was dog sitting and I used when in a desperate attempt to save her life it worked wonders and after a couple of drops of tea tree she has been flea free for since. I had to use this on a six week old puppy who was infested with flea's and scabs it was amazing we thought the puppy was going to die it was so sick from the flea's I used the tea tree and the dog was healthy after the first use and I washed the dog once a day for a week and the flea's started dying the first day. I also used the tea tree oil on the fur. No more fleas shinny healthy coat and healthy puppy. Try the new pomegranate for a really shinny coat!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

jesuschick1313461608.1731545 PostsRegistered 3/20/2008Kansas City, MO

I would not use any of the products that contained ANY silicone (I know that not all do, but some of his products do contain Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone and Amodimethicone which are ALL silicone) on my dogs.

Yuko1313473463.7131806 PostsRegistered 8/30/2005

I have 2 Goldens.

Unless I get unlimited supply of WEN from Chaz, there is no way I would share my WEN with themCool.

yogagirl7771313525701.79481 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011
On 8/15/2011 Yuko said:

I have 2 Goldens.

Unless I get unlimited supply of WEN from Chaz, there is no way I would share my WEN with themCool.

Thanks Yuko, now I don't feel so bad!! Love Goldens, btw! I have a yellow lab that I started on WEN but it got sooo expensive. Forget it, I've got two DDs, a GDD, DS, DH and I all using WEN. We're going broke on WEN as it is.

There are lots of good non sulfate shampoos out there for pets, all natural ingrediants that don't cost nearly as much as WEN. Can't recall the name of one I'm using now on her. I do use a diluted spray bottle of the remoist. spray on her tho! Just a few sprays a day after she's been out running. Keeps her shiney and smelling really good! yogagirl

Cosmetics_­Crazy1313532374.861094 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011

I use a combination of SAM and Fig on my Jack Russell Terrier and he seems to really love it. No more figting and fussing with him and he happily stayed covered with WEN until I was ready to rinse him. And its the best thing for his mostly white coat (except fawn-colored ears), it glistens like snow. And smell good, mmmmm. He only weighs 10.5 lbs, so to cleanse him does not take too much and its well worth the reduction in trauma afterwards.

I may have my son lift my solid glossy black German Shepherd into the tub this weekend and see about using Wen on her. She is almost 9 1/2 and a little arthritic all over at times. Her hips are good, just that she is starting to 'seem' her age.

Has anyone used Wen on their cat? Don't laugh, many cats like to be bathed. My old Himalayan loved baths and would jump in the tub with my kids when they were little, especially if it was a bubble bath!

Page 1 of 1