Dooney & Bourke
39 Members and 15073 Guests Online

WEN

Wen and Grey Hair

Started 1307292417.383 in WEN | Last reply 1308181543.11 by mommausetosay
replies

Grey hair has color and texture problems all of it's own. I am thinking about allowing my hair to be it's natural color--which looks like it would be mostly grey. Anyone out there have any opinions on Wen and grey hair? Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
Rowdymom1307293413.5513101 PostsRegistered 6/20/2005SE PA

I grew out my grey in 2009 while I was using WEN and have continued to use it. I've had no problems with dulling or yellowing and the texture is incredible.

blonde/gray, blue-gray, dry combination, neutral beige. WEN, Somerville, Clinique

patsyh1307293975.732184 PostsRegistered 10/29/2005Florida gulf coast
On 6/5/2011 RetiredATC said:

Grey hair has color and texture problems all of it's own. I am thinking about allowing my hair to be it's natural color--which looks like it would be mostly grey. Anyone out there have any opinions on Wen and grey hair? Thanks.

I'm in the process of growing my hair color out and am using WEN with no problems. Good luck on the journey--I have about an inch of roots right now. A good resource is going gray, looking great website. There are several discussions about going gray on the QVC forums if you do a search.

cocomom1307294032.6871020 PostsRegistered 8/4/2010

Hi! I posted yesterday about how much I loved WEN after just trying it, my hair is waist length all natural, a few years ago I realized coloring was causing so much damage and hair loss that I decided I would either have to cut it and color or stop coloring and let it grow(which is what I did). I have been so surprised by how little gray I actually have it is mostly natural brown. WEN took the texture problem you mentioned away and lets the hair all blend together so beautifully. I sure wish I would have tried it sooner! People kept compaining about having to use so many pumps but the gallon size took 1 pump and that was a lot, I could have used probably half a pump, and I have a lot of hair. I am so pleased with the results that now I don't ever want to be without it! If you decide to stop coloring you may be surprised that you will love your natural hair,Smileforgot to say that I use Joan Rivers Great Hair Day sometimes to soften the whiter areas around my face in salt and pepper color.

Last edited on 6/5/2011

Last edited on 6/5/2011

RetiredATC1308146836.4399 PostsRegistered 10/28/2009

Thank you all for your responses. I use semi-permanent. It used to fade, but it hasn't, even before using Wen, so I think Clariol changed the formulation. Don't know if I can handle the roots!! LOL.

glorybe1308166384.7772714 PostsRegistered 9/25/2007

I am at least 75% gray now. I use WEN TT on scalp as I have (should say had, lol) psoriasis there. I then use CA on the rest. I have some fabulous highlights from the gray if I say so myself. They look like they were done professionally.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I did make the mistake several months ago using Clairol Loving Care when I thought my hair was looking very dull with regular shampoo. Sorry to say I wish I had never done that as I started using WEN and now I look like I had used permanent color with the accompanying "roots." They are close to being grown out!!! The rest of my hair, I must say is fabulous, the natural hair seems darker and glistens along with the gray.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

mommauseto­say1308181543.0534 PostsRegistered 4/24/2011

I have had gray hair going back to my teen age years! Now it is gray to white. While it is true the texture of gray hair is very different WEN seems to get it back under my control. When I first started using the product I kept my hair very short but since January I have let it grow out and I am liking the natural ringlets it has. I have also received many compliments. The shine is off the charts, the curls are soft and defined. WEN has definitely improved my hair texture and liveliness. If now is the time to embrace your silver beauty, I say go for it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Page 1 of 1