The Joy of Christmas
125 Members and 16021 Guests Online

WEN

WEN body washes-anyone else have this problem?

Started 1305984854.21 in WEN | Last reply 1311529286.453 by waterbaby

LOVE love WEN CC, have used all the diff kinds without any problems. I do prefer the POM because it's gluten free, but I can still use the other ones.

Hadnt tried the Body Cleansers until the last TSV and now I really wish I hadnt opened them. I have three (POM, LAV & TT). Only the LAV is unopened so maybe I can give to someone. Th other two I opened and used once. Tried POM first, felt like my skin was on fire. Burning, itching. My skin was red, dry, itching for days. A week later I decided to try the TT (dumb idea, I know) first of all, the smell was horrible and I use the hair TT and dont mind it. The Body wash was just ugh...even DH said he could smell it all the way downstairs, he said it smelled like a carwash. But worse, same thing-burning, itching, red skin. And it lasted for days!! I had to put oatmeal lotion on about 10x a day. Was like I had a really bad sunburn

I've only seen glowing reviews about this product so didn't want to bring it up, but now I am curious. Wish I hadnt opened these, what a waste. Has anything like this happened to anyone else here? TIA! yogagirl

Page 1 of 2
windycity11305985332.827334 PostsRegistered 6/29/2008

different things work for everyone. sounds like you might be allergic to the body cleansers?

Dance like no one is watching.... Love like you'll never be hurt.... Sing like no one is listening.... Live like it's heaven on earth.

ibb381305986952.48712017 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Wow, I wonder what you could have a reaction to- I have a couple 2 oz body cleansers and I keep them by the sink to use as a hand wash. I'm going to pay closer attention to any reactions.

ChillyTulip1305987776.1971706 PostsRegistered 7/15/2007

I too like the CC but the body cream . . . ehh. I don't feel clean after using it, especially if I've been working out. I need lather!!!! I'll use it AFTER I use my Irish Spring instead.

littlepixie1306168446.287443 PostsRegistered 4/2/2011New York, NY

I have only the LAV one (and the lotion - got the set) and havent had any bad reactions to it at all. But let me just say that the body wash isnt really a body WASH imo. Its more like a creamy lotion wash. I dont fell particularly clean after. I use my regluar bar soap and then use the LAV over cause it really does leave your skin super soft. You dont even need to use the lotion afterwards. I honestly dont smell it on myself after it dries and neither does my husband

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant .

Bella HS1306213338.658076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY

There was a point in time when Chaz said all one ever needed in their shower stall was a bottle of CC and that would cleanse you from head to toe and even shave your legs. I still believe that it is fine on the body and to shave your legs so why the body cleanser....just more products to make more money. In answer to your question about the TT it could be the antiseptic properties that are in TT and you may have very sensitive skin.

NC Mommy1306238386.37777 PostsRegistered 10/17/2008

Yogagirl, I have the POM bodywash too from the last TSV. While I haven't had a reaction like yours, I did have a problem with it. I thought it would be great to shave with...BIG mistake! I had horrible razorburn, which I haven't had in years! My legs were red & burned....wearing shorts was NOT an option. It was awful. I had to put stuff on to soothe also. I tried shaving with it more than one time, and the same reaction everytime.

However, if I just use the bodywash strictly for washing....I'm fine.

I also thought I was the only one......hope this helps! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

bruingirl1306273956.4936782 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

yogagirl

ouch! so sorry you had a bad reaction. I can use the BCC w/o any problems.

The BCC has skin care ingredients that aren't in the CC....

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

Latonya1306424841.2374179 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006
On 5/21/2011 ibb38 said:

Wow, I wonder what you could have a reaction to- I have a couple 2 oz body cleansers and I keep them by the sink to use as a hand wash. I'm going to pay closer attention to any reactions.

Thanks so much for posting this. I bought the 3 piece TSV in pom and though I love the cc, the shower cream is not a hit for me (neither is the mist). It would be great as a hand wash!

mavdrkangl21306447521.627230 PostsRegistered 3/16/2011

Glad you mentioned your reaction to the BCC. I ordered the TSV on AD in POM and changed it to LAV for the next shipment. I will have to watch for a reaction when I use the BCC since bruingirl mentioned the ingredients are different. I recently developed an allergy to some philosophy products I have been using for several years now. Love the CC & the spritz so if the BCC does not work for me, maybe my friend who uses WEN will want it. Thanks for posting ... I am new too. Chaz once mentioned that he uses the BCC as his face wash with his Clarisonic. If anyone is not a fan of it as a BCC maybe that is another way to use it along with the hand wash suggestion from Latonya.

hopi1306447688.2510842 PostsRegistered 11/26/2006

I think it is clogging the bath tub drain,

Does anyone else have this problem?

mavdrkangl21306612966.693230 PostsRegistered 3/16/2011

Have not run into that problem yet - will have to watch out for that - thanks for mentioning it

at3pete1306682080.921 PostsRegistered 7/18/2010

I had to go to the doctor for her to tell me to STOP using that. I was in the same boat as you.

Cheryl A S­ophie1306737937.083942 PostsRegistered 10/20/2007
I am on the other side of the creek, I had skin so bad it would burn in pure water. Chaz's lavender body wash and moisturizer helped me calm things down thank goodness. I have used it for several years before he sold the BCC on the q, no problem here, and sink and drain be fine thanks

Ban the Deed not the Breed.
Spay and Neuter your pet

kiamom231306883343.09137 PostsRegistered 1/21/2011

I have the Pom BCC and use it maybe once a week in the shower on my arms and legs. Probably won't buy more of it. It doesn't break out my skin, just not worth the cost to me. I have SAM Body lotion that I use every day on my arms and legs. I do like the body lotion because it absorbs faster than most other lotions I've tried and I like the scent. Funny that I can't use baby oil because it gives me little bumps! Everyone is different!

Shoppin in­ KS1307224504.223228 PostsRegistered 12/13/2006

I got the Pom body wash in the tsv a while back. I don't care for it. It made my back breakout. Now I use it sometimes for shaving my legs, but I won't buy it again.

ibb381307230303.56712017 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I was so sorry I didn't get the last tsv; no more non buyers regret! I've since tried Pom cc and it's just ok- smells great but the results weren't any different than the other cc's I've tried. I expected much more based on the reviews!

maizer1307230717.4231152 PostsRegistered 10/19/2008

Hi Yogagirl, I have only tried the lavendar but I love it! I got the cleanser, lotion and the oil. I can't get enough of the smell and no reaction at all with my skin and it's pretty sensitive normally. I have to say my hubby does not like the smell very much but I can;t get enough. I put the oil on my scalp and my pulse points like a perfume because I love the smell so much. Sorry it didn't work for you. On the other hand, I have NO luck with the CCs. I have tried several of them and they do nothing for my hair. I guess everyone is different.

sparcs11307647890.4530 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007manchester,ct

I have the pomegranite body wash and it's very moisturizing. I use a puff and i feel clean. But I still love my philosophy body wwashes!

Bella HS1307767671.188076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY
On 5/26/2011 mavdrkangl2 said:

Glad you mentioned your reaction to the BCC. I ordered the TSV on AD in POM and changed it to LAV for the next shipment. I will have to watch for a reaction when I use the BCC since bruingirl mentioned the ingredients are different. I recently developed an allergy to some philosophy products I have been using for several years now. Love the CC & the spritz so if the BCC does not work for me, maybe my friend who uses WEN will want it. Thanks for posting ... I am new too. Chaz once mentioned that he uses the BCC as his face wash with his Clarisonic. If anyone is not a fan of it as a BCC maybe that is another way to use it along with the hand wash suggestion from Latonya.

If the BCC contains menthol like the CC's you could really be setting yourself up for some serious bad skin reactions...I don't care what Chaz says. The menthol in the CC's is terrible for hair I can only imagine what it would be like to the underlying layers of your facial skin. Think..think..think about what you're thinking of doing. Lavendar has the same detrimental proven results of damage to the lower dermis of the skin whether it's scalp or any part of your body. I really hate to bash but I can't understand why people using this product think of it as natural...I used it for many years with the same ridiculous notion that it is healthy. Just because it contains botanicals doesn't mean it's healthy. The alcohol, menthol and essential oils esp when not diluted are just plain terrible ingredients for one's body as a whole. Ladies who seem to be so thrilled with this product may just end up having the most damaging issues way down the road than those who are experiencing their bad reactions to the menthol and waxes and getting rid of it immediately. I am a former 4 year Wen user and I don't know what I was thinking....simply caught in the hype. My family constantly asked me what was happening with my once long beautiful hair and I kept saying there's nothing wrong I'm just using this great unshampoo. Well one trip to CVS and a rash purchase of my TreSemme and I now know what they were referring to. Not everyone will get great results when they are using Wen but everyone is getting underlying skin and scalp damage that just can't be noticed yet.

kiamom231307807582.143137 PostsRegistered 1/21/2011

I use the Pom Body stuff once or twice a week in the shower. I got it in a set. I have to say that I probably wouldn't buy it again. No reactions. I'm just not really into the shower washes of any kind. I do love the SAM body lotion though. Love how it isn't greasy. Use common sense, not everything is good for everyone. If you have a reaction, quit using it or if it quits doing what you want it to do, stop and don't buy it. I just bought some Ponds cream to take off my eye makeup and it burns my eye area. How many millions of women have used that forever? Baby oil also gives me little bumps on my legs! Go figure.

kal1307823097.2472440 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
On 6/10/2011 Bella HS said:
<br />

If the BCC contains menthol like the CC's you could really be setting yourself up for some serious bad skin reactions...I don't care what Chaz says. The menthol in the CC's is terrible for hair I can only imagine what it would be like to the underlying layers of your facial skin. Think..think..think about what you're thinking of doing. Lavendar has the same detrimental proven results of damage to the lower dermis of the skin whether it's scalp or any part of your body. I really hate to bash but I can't understand why people using this product think of it as natural...I used it for many years with the same ridiculous notion that it is healthy. Just because it contains botanicals doesn't mean it's healthy. The alcohol, menthol and essential oils esp when not diluted are just plain terrible ingredients for one's body as a whole. Ladies who seem to be so thrilled with this product may just end up having the most damaging issues way down the road than those who are experiencing their bad reactions to the menthol and waxes and getting rid of it immediately. I am a former 4 year Wen user and I don't know what I was thinking....simply caught in the hype. My family constantly asked me what was happening with my once long beautiful hair and I kept saying there's nothing wrong I'm just using this great unshampoo. Well one trip to CVS and a rash purchase of my TreSemme and I now know what they were referring to. Not everyone will get great results when they are using Wen but everyone is getting underlying skin and scalp damage that just can't be noticed yet.

Lavender does not have "detrimental proven results of damage to the lower dermis of the skin."

Chris 920081307824226.74793 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006SD County

I used the Lavender body lotion on my arms and legs and got a red, itchy rash which took 3 days to get rid of using a Cortisone cream. A couple months later I tried the stuff again with the same results. I've sworn off his products.

SFLL1310225472.8571 PostsRegistered 7/9/2011

Thank heaven I'm not crazy! I was given Wen products by my daughter and enjoyed using them. However, when I started using the body wash I began to get a rash that increased to a sever outbreak of hives. It took some time for me to conect the dots as to what was causing the problem and even though I have discontinued using the Wen products the sever burning & itching hives have not disappeared. I cannot find an ingredients statment (dumped the products) so my Doctor can help identify the exact ingredient that could be the culprit. Currently on steroids and other meds to help with the inflamation - no fun!!!

waterbaby1310479929.594274 PostsRegistered 7/27/2006Georgia
I bought the POM Try Me some months back and almost got physically sick after using it on hair and skin. Unpleasant smell, itching and sick to stomach. Then I realized it has SOY. I am allergic to soy! When the TSV came on with the duo I thought in would try the SAM with wonderful results. I do not use near as much as he says to and my hair and and highlights have never looked better. My nails that have never grown are strong, long and look great. The body wash is great, once again, not too much. Evey now and then I cleanse with my left over Philosophy and it is ok but my hair feels andnlooks like straw and my skin is dry. So there is something for everyone or not. Everyone raved about Phil Purity and it broke my face out like a teen. Do what is right for you!

Let go, let God.

Blessings,
waterbaby

yogagirl7771310582442.48481 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011
On 7/9/2011 SFLL said:

Thank heaven I'm not crazy! I was given Wen products by my daughter and enjoyed using them. However, when I started using the body wash I began to get a rash that increased to a sever outbreak of hives. It took some time for me to conect the dots as to what was causing the problem and even though I have discontinued using the Wen products the sever burning & itching hives have not disappeared. I cannot find an ingredients statment (dumped the products) so my Doctor can help identify the exact ingredient that could be the culprit. Currently on steroids and other meds to help with the inflamation - no fun!!!

So sorry this happened to you! BTW, a belated thank you to everyone for your replies on the BODY cleanser (totally diff from the hair cleanser, diff ingred). I was only speaking of the body cleansers that I have this issue with.

SFLL I hope you're feeling better by now! I had to use cortisone creme to get mine cleared up. I tried it once more (because I'm stupid I guess) for shaving and that was a disaster. I ended up throwing away a nearly full bottle of the stuff (and that goes for over $60 doesn't it?? tho I got it in the TSV). I still have a full unopened bottle of another kind sitting in my closet. Hope you feel better soon! yogagirl

Page 1 of 2