Labor Day Weekend Clearance
149 Members and 8496 Guests Online

WEN

How long does a regualr 12 oz bottle last you??

Started 1303687517.347 in WEN | Last reply 1303788319.077 by sueinsf

I am new to WEN and ordered the 30 day supply from another website. I received the 12 oz WEN Sweet Almond Mind Cleansing Conditioner and it only lasted me about 2 1/2 weeks!! I LOVE what its done for my hair (my hair hits right at my sholders), but it was by far not a 30 day supply. I have to wash my hair daily. Is this normal? I would love some input from others as I will keep using the WEN, but just wondered if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Page 1 of 1
Queen of S­cott1303692541.4871031 PostsRegistered 3/24/2010
I am new to WEN too. I have 2, 16oz bottles. I have been alternating between the two. I washed everyday for the first week, then every other day. Now I find that I am able to go two days without washing. My hair is between chin and shoulder length. I only have about half of each bottle left, and they are supposed to be a 90 day supply! Even with washing less often, I can't see it lasting anywhere near 90 days. Guess I will have to have my auto-delivery sent out earlier. I do like the results I am getting:)

mzbeers1303692608.787352 PostsRegistered 4/2/2011

NO WAY would a 12oz bottle last me a month.... LOL! I got a 6oz bottle of the Cucumber Aloe just to try it out, and went through 1/2 of it in one washing!

A 32oz bottle lasted me about a month and a half, but I wasn't always double cleansing, so I would say with "Proper" cleansing, a 32oz bottle would last me a month. My hair goes to the middle of my back.

I now have all the "flavors" and switch between all of them, I am a WEN fanatic, and just starting using it this February.

I think that's why everyone talks about the gallons that will be coming out June 13th! Nobody wants to run out, and we are all trying to get it at the best possible price.

LSmith221303693022.67334 PostsRegistered 4/24/2011

I didn't double cleans either mzbeers. That was only one cleans. I used a little less than the reccomended amount too. My hair was breaking off on the sides. The hair over my ears would be at least 1.5-2 inches shorter than the back. I do use a flat iron, but I have a heat guard I spray on before I use the flat iron. What kind would be the best for thin, damaged hair?

Thanks girls for advise!

mzbeers1303693378.23352 PostsRegistered 4/2/2011

I like to use the Lavender or Pomegranate with Fig on my ends, as the Fig is the most moisturizing, but some people say it weighs their hair down too much if it's fine.

I also like to use the Cucumber Aloe, it makes my hair super clean, and fluffy.

I have fine, color treated hair, with dry ends. I've been putting the Fig or Tea Tree Oil on my hair the night before I cleanse. I normally cleanse every other day, sometimes on the weekends I can go even an extra day without it looking bad.

MotorCity ­Chick1303694323.131816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

So a 16 oz bottle will not last a month? I may have to rethink purchasing this....

LSmith221303700237.87334 PostsRegistered 4/24/2011

@ originalln - I ordered the 12 oz from another site. I love what its done for my hair, but I personally didn't need the suggested amount each time I would wash my hair. I have heard the fig is good for brittle ends. I've seen more results using the Wen for the short time I have been using this product. I do love it just wish it would last longer. I have tried so many other products, and this by far is my favorite.

ValentinaB­on1303707927.2936934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

I bought two 16 oz bottles back in february..CA for my scalp and POM for my ends. I have fine, long hair (between my butt and middle of my back). I have enough left in the bottles for probably two more washes and then I'm out. So it has been about two months. I generally wash every 2-3 days. I even double cleanse but when you do that, you split the amount Chaz recommends in half (you don't double the amount he recommends). I must admit though, I probably don't use as many pumps as he recommends for my hair length. I've experimented and found that I don't need to use as many but I still get the same results. It isn't a lot less than he recommends but it is less. Not recommending others to necessarily do that but I do think everyone should experiment to see what really works for them.

DUH....WENing! :)

MotorCity ­Chick1303740090.071816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

Thanks for your replies Ladies. I ordered a 16 oz of the Lavendar...I am not a huge Lavendar scent fan however if it gives my fine hair body and bounce I can live with the scent {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. It sounds like its experimenting to find out how much works for you...my hair is fine so I can't believe I will need too much to cleanse and I dont wash my hair everyday so I will certainly try it and hope it can last for awhile. I dont mind if I go thru one 16oz bottle a month, that doesnt seem too unreasonable to me if I am seeing good results!!
Thanks again!

LSmith221303773311.28334 PostsRegistered 4/24/2011

Im not sure its working for me the right way. I have to wash my hair daily or it looks limp and greesey. Is that normal?

Hfpint1303777309.57924 PostsRegistered 2/21/2008
On 4/25/2011 LSmith22 said:

Im not sure its working for me the right way. I have to wash my hair daily or it looks limp and greesey. Is that normal?

Sounds like you may not be rinsing enough. With Wen, you need to rinse rinse rinse. If you think you have rinsed enough, rinse some more.

LSmith221303784591.74734 PostsRegistered 4/24/2011

Thanks Hfpint. I will try that more. Im out of my WEN so i have to use the "other" brand...not happy, not happy.... {#emotions_dlg.sad}

sueinsf1303788319.0772327 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

I don't double cleanse and I only need to wash my hair twice a week with WEN (my hair is about shoulder length). Maybe that's why it lasts me a lot longer. Hard to say exactly how long a 16 oz bottle lasts as I mix (Mainly Pom plus some SAM and FIG) but if I had to guess, I'd say that bottle would last me 4-5 months.

Page 1 of 1