TSV(R) Preview
135 Members and 14967 Guests Online

WEN

Help! How long can you go before washing with Wen?

Started 1302635416.643 in WEN | Last reply 1303343715.297 by kal

I love Wen. Unfortunately, it seems as though I have to wash my hair more often now than when I was using regular shampoo. The first day I wash my hair, my hair looks awesome and shiny. The second day it looks o.k., not bad. By the third day it is disgusting. Of course I'm going to wash my hair if it doesn't look or feel clean; I don't know if it's a build up factor or what. My hairdresser swears that Wen gives her fast build up, so she alternates Wen with regular shampoo on a regular basis. Did I misunderstand what they meant by washing your hair less often? Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Laura

P.S. I put more than enough pumps in my hair. I let it sit under a shower cap while I take my shower. I take long showers, so the Wen stays in for a good amount of time. Also, I make sure that I massage it in really well.

Page 1 of 1
lyn in MI1302635538.90724578 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I initially washed daily as recommended by Chaz for newbies. I now normally cleanse 4 times weekly, sometimes 3 or 5 (depending on my activities).

eta: I use the oils twice weekly and Re-Moist once, so that leads to 3 cleansings.

Last edited on 4/12/2011

Last edited on 4/12/2011

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Mummadukes1302642557.781817 PostsRegistered 3/5/2010

In the beginning, I washed my hair every day too for a few weeks. I could feel my hair changing for the better each day. I can now sometimes let it go to every third day. On the days I dont cleanse, I still completely rinse my hair in the shower, then add my leave in and styling creme like normal. Somedays, I will shower with shower cap and turban, then using replishing mist to freshen my hair!

I have started using the replenishing mist every night before bed. I LOVE how my hair feels in the morning. I remoist overnight once a week and use TT oil overnight when I plan to cleanse in the morning.

My hair has never been this healthly or this long (I am 47). I only blow dry my bangs and just let the rest curl on its own. I NEVER could do that pre-Wen!!!

Coarse and wavy, color-treated brown (for the gray) with low lights hypothyroid hair. My faves: Fig, WCM, SMC and WVM!!

CalmInTheH­eart1302642754.827273 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

No matter what shampoo I use, I have to wash every day.

Peace

ValentinaB­on1302643540.2476934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

From the very first time I used WEN I did not have to wash every day. To be honest, I do have to wash more often than I did through the first year or so or WEN but I attribute this to the fact that my hair and scalp are much healthier than they were when I first started using it (I had very dry hair and a slightly dry scalp). Where I was consistently washing about every third day for the first year (and sometimes I could go four days even), I often have to wash on the second day now.

DUH....WENing! :)

bruingirl1302644910.216918 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

I initally cleansed every other day...now I cleanse 2 sometimes 3 times per week.

Live.....Laugh.....Love

Boehm Coll­ecter1302697941.3031465 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007

Before using WEN I HAD to wash my hair every day. When I first started using WEN I continued cleansing every day. Now I cleanse every other day. I could probably cleanse less often but haven't taken that step yet. On the days I do not cleanse I rinse my hair well and spritz some of the Replenishing Mist on my hair.. then style as usual. HTH.

JMINNY1302730497.8972233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.

I can go a week between cleansings....my fine hair never gets oily-and I wear it up all the time...Because of that, it has saved my hair-washing frequently with traditional shampoo was killing my hair...

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.

I am a WEN girl, a Geller girl, a Mallinista, and proud of it!!!

donnalona1302740601.21862 PostsRegistered 7/6/2005Long Island, NY

Usually 2-3 days off before I have to wash my hair again. I just use a blow dryer and styling brush daily to fluff it up again.

Go Pokes!1302740927.212546 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009OKC

1 week. I could go longer but, after a week I start to feel bad that I haven't washed my hair in so long.

~Tiger Lil­y~1302741841.3733574 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007*FrOm OuTeR SpAcE*

What do use guys do about smells in your hair like food, sweat ect. I have to wash every day, shampoo at night with WEN leave in and just WEN in the morning. I hate to feel unclean.

~~Bullet with Butterfly Wings~~

*And someone will say what is lost can never be saved*
*And I still believe that I cannot be saved*

Go Pokes!1302744193.2132546 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009OKC

Tiger, my hair has never smelled bad nor is greasy from sweat, if it was I would wash it. That is why I can go so long, I am not resisting to cleanse... just do not need to.

PLUS replenishing mist.

Over the weekend I went to a birthday party (1st) for my great cousin... it was not well thought out and we were sitting by a pile of dirt/sand. It was VERY windy outside and I had to wash my hair, only a couple days after I just washed it. I was p-oed. I Wish I would've known it was giong to a) be an outside party because I wore no sunscreen that day and 2) that we would be sitting by a pile of dirt... BECAUSE I WOULD NOT HAVE GONE.... there was no food from 11-3, just dirt and cake. YUM! But that is a whole other story.

PS a) and 2) was to be funny. ha ha

Last edited on 4/13/2011

Last edited on 4/13/2011

winocat1302745521.829133 PostsRegistered 4/24/2008No. California

Pre-Wen I washed my hair every other day but now I shampoo about twice a week. My hair is neither dirty nor smelly - just the opposite. I also have to credit the use of the replenishing mist because it revitilizes my hair. I love it! Yeah Wen!

JMINNY1302803092.8472233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.
On 4/13/2011 TIGER LILY327 said:

What do use guys do about smells in your hair like food, sweat ect. I have to wash every day, shampoo at night with WEN leave in and just WEN in the morning. I hate to feel unclean.

Do you have the repleneshing mist??? On days when I feel it needs a little re-style, or refresh, I wet it down with the mist and quick dry it...But the point is, with WEN-your hair just stays so clean, for so long...so when newbies balk at the price of WEN--It is crazy because mine lasts forever...

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.

I am a WEN girl, a Geller girl, a Mallinista, and proud of it!!!

bruingirl1302804232.846918 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 4/14/2011 JMINNY said:

Do you have the repleneshing mist??? On days when I feel it needs a little re-style, or refresh, I wet it down with the mist and quick dry it...But the point is, with WEN-your hair just stays so clean, for so long...so when newbies balk at the price of WEN--It is crazy because mine lasts forever...

same here...I cleansed last Saturday and then yesterday...I won't cleanse again until Saturday....this morning I just misted my hair and it revived my blow dry from yesterday then I finger combed my hair into place and added 2 drops of Lav oil for even more shine!

Live.....Laugh.....Love

~Tiger Lil­y~1302819908.3673574 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007*FrOm OuTeR SpAcE*
On 4/14/2011 bruingirl said:
On 4/14/2011 JMINNY said:

same here...I cleansed last Saturday and then yesterday...I won't cleanse again until Saturday....this morning I just misted my hair and it revived my blow dry from yesterday then I finger combed my hair into place and added 2 drops of Lav oil for even more shine!

So the replenishing mist neutralizes the every day orders? I will definitely have to get me some now, thanks ladies :)

~~Bullet with Butterfly Wings~~

*And someone will say what is lost can never be saved*
*And I still believe that I cannot be saved*

little dai­sy1303077137.452259 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007

I use Wen also and find that if I put styling products in my hair like sprays it look bad after two day. It's hard not to use anything to really style your hair.

L-Rob1303094725.317124 PostsRegistered 4/4/2011

I started as and everyday WEN-er like some of the other ladies. Now I can go every other day. I find that the Volumizing Treatment Spray helps cut down on the production of oil around the crown and the Replenishing Mist comes in handy on non-cleanse days.

iluvagoo1303282183.65172 PostsRegistered 1/8/2008

5 days max, I use the replenishing mist and re-blow dry.

lg31303292507.46339 PostsRegistered 5/2/2010

Initial wash lasted 4 days, but I felt greasy on day 3. Second, I washed my bangs with regular shampoo, rest of head with WEN and made it another 4 days. I have the oilest hair imaginable (easily could wash twice a day normally to control it). But WEN seemed to cut the oil (or at least spread to my ends more easily). I like how it makes my hair feel (silky), but not how it looks (lank and straight); I've got fine, thick hair with a great natural wave--it didn't looks so great after the wen treatment.

kal1303343715.2872452 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

I gave up shampoo totally after about 2 months of using Wen. I have not used shampoo in 4 years and do not feel buildup. What I do feel is that wen has smoothed down my hair and sealed the cuticle -- each hair is perfectly smooth with no grab or stickiness to it at all. My hair stays clean for at least a week.

Page 1 of 1