TSV(R) Preview
46 Members and 12975 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Where is Joy Behar?

Started 1282787950.757 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1282877757.56 by melanie1

It seems like Joy Behar has been absent from her evening show for a couple of weeks now. Anyone hear where she is? Is she on vacation or sick?

Page 1 of 2
dmod1282788370.0422523 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Jersey

Hi,

She is on vacation from both shows. :)

taffy apple1282788502.183618 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008Illinois

I imagine she's on vacation, since the "View" is in reruns, and a lot of talk show hosts were either gone last week, or are gone this week. Last chance for time off before everything starts up again. I don't miss her, but do miss B O'R. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

stylishmav­en1282788601.643590 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010

I believe The View returns Sept. 6th, so I am sure she will be back to her show then.

clemintine1282788964.50318231 PostsRegistered 11/5/2007C.C.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Crow1282789041.9116005 PostsRegistered 11/16/2007Turn left and keep drivin'

Meow

Inane pictures: the bumper stickers of Viewpoints.

Gooday1282789248.36710384 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008

20 years ago when she did stand up comedy she was very funny. Now, not so much. It's not that I disagree with her views as much as her voice is like nails on a black board. I am so tired of all the shows on Fox News, CNN and in particular MSNBC. I find myself drawn to drivel such as Chelsea Lately and old reruns of the Honeymooners and Andy Griffith.

Doc-Mom1282789322.36716317 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006

She is laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited on 8/25/2010

Last edited on 8/25/2010

Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend... never owned a dog.

Don't try to win over the haters, you are not the jerk whisperer.

Isabella 21282792886.2374146 PostsRegistered 4/30/2007

Joy can be acrid but really funny. She is doing well with her show so maybe she treated herself to a long vaka.

"Freedom is lost gradually from an uninterested, uninformed, and uninvolved people".
Thomas Jefferson

DianaFran1282793581.1510849 PostsRegistered 11/15/2004

I happen to like Joy's evening show. She's a good interviewer. And, though i have all but stopped watching The View completely, she is one of the least annoying ones on that show in my opinion. Barbara can't speak clearly and is consumed with self importance, Whoopie who has the same philosophies as Joy, can't say what she thinks so she makes silly comments or mugs silly facial expersions instead, Sherry is not even in the ballpark when it comes to knowledge, and Elizabeth, well, she's Elizabeth, who regurgitates whatever Fox items the producer gives her to say. All in all, it's a show that has gone way beyond its shelf life.

Last edited on 8/25/2010

SophiaMarie1282824649.766732 PostsRegistered 3/17/2010
On 8/25/2010 DianaFran said:

I happen to like Joy's evening show. She's a good interviewer. And, though i have all but stopped watching The View completely, she is one of the least annoying ones on that show in my opinion. Barbara can't speak clearly and is consumed with self importance, Whoopie who has the same philosophies as Joy, can't say what she thinks so she makes silly comments or mugs silly facial expersions instead, Sherry is not even in the ballpark when it comes to knowledge, and Elizabeth, well, she's Elizabeth, who regurgitates whatever Fox items the producer gives her to say. All in all, it's a show that has gone way beyond its shelf life.

Oh, you took the words right out of my mouth. I so agree with you on all counts. I don't appreciate Whoopi chastising everyone, Barbara knows everything, Sheri doesn't have a clue and Elizabeth - well, you know the rest. I love Joy. She speaks her mind and she's clever.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

JuicyFruit1282824795.493354 PostsRegistered 9/5/2009
On 8/25/2010 carrieck said:

It seems like Joy Behar has been absent from her evening show for a couple of weeks now. Anyone hear where she is? Is she on vacation or sick?

On a NASA space mission hopefully - {#emotions_dlg.lol}mmmmmm, wishful thinking. Would never watch her.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

Topaz Gem1282834598.62315985 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire

Joy is on vacation, hopefully researching some original material for her show. LOL.

Joy merely barfs up all the left-wing talking points. She used to be original and so funny, but now she's just a mouthpiece for the extreme wing of the Dem party. Maybe she's on their payroll. Her obsession with SP has gotten very stale and she mimics the same jokes and hateful comments that appear on the left-wing websites and in other shows. In fact, one afternoon, I was reading Huffpo, and that very evening I tuned into Joy's show. She repeated word-for-word, the same crass comments about SP that appeared on Huffpo that day. She's clearly pandering to that audience and they love it!

Last edited on 8/26/2010

Last edited on 8/26/2010

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camus








JuicyFruit1282839826.583354 PostsRegistered 9/5/2009
On 8/26/2010 Topaz Gem said:

Joy is on vacation, hopefully researching some original material for her show. LOL.

Joy merely barfs up all the left-wing talking points. She used to be original and so funny, but now she's just a mouthpiece for the extreme wing of the Dem party. Maybe she's on their payroll. Her obsession with SP has gotten very stale and she mimics the same jokes and hateful comments that appear on the left-wing websites and in other shows. In fact, one afternoon, I was reading Huffpo, and that very evening I tuned into Joy's show. She repeated word-for-word, the same crass comments about SP that appeared on Huffpo that day. She's clearly pandering to that audience and they love it!

Last edited on 8/26/2010

Well said.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

polar1282839941.022690 PostsRegistered 11/7/2005

I have been enjoying the Joy Behar show now that she is on vacation. I stopped watching the View as I think Joy is just plain mean and nasty. As stated one day on The View, she has a comedy writer back stage that feeds her funny lines.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

croemer1282840742.9175688 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009
On 8/26/2010 polar said:

I have been enjoying the Joy Behar show now that she is on vacation. I stopped watching the View as I think Joy is just plain mean and nasty. As stated one day on The View, she has a comedy writer back stage that feeds her funny lines.

Seriously polar... she has someone feed her lines?{#emotions_dlg.glare} I checked it out last night to see who was subbing and enjoyed Dr. Drew very much.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Last edited on 8/26/2010

"Well Bless Your Pea Pickin' Heart."

sashamatth­ews1282840857.1871627 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I can't stand Joy on The View, but I like her HLN show. She seems calmer and less dogmatic.

lovemy3cats1282845715.323815 PostsRegistered 4/28/2009

Who cares!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Isabella 21282847252.6274146 PostsRegistered 4/30/2007
On 8/26/2010 lovemy3cats said:

Who cares!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Yeah, that's true- TV is filled with triteness to feed the stupid.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

"Freedom is lost gradually from an uninterested, uninformed, and uninvolved people".
Thomas Jefferson

missyw11282853667.8832399 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

Her voice is not pleasant. I tolerate her, because I like some of her guests.

LyndaGee1282853945.584526 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004

I like her talk show. And, for those who don't, there are plenty of RW talk show hosts to keep you busy.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

WOW!!!
They aren't living in an evidence-based world.<

jojobeans1282857321.4373461 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010
On 8/26/2010 LyndaGee said:

I like her talk show. And, for those who don't, there are plenty of RW talk show hosts to keep you busy.

I thought we had the right to voice our opinions.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

"It's deja vu all over again''......Yogi Berra

LyndaGee1282857759.7134526 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004
On 8/26/2010 jojobeans said:
On 8/26/2010 LyndaGee said:

I like her talk show. And, for those who don't, there are plenty of RW talk show hosts to keep you busy.

I thought we had the right to voice our opinions.

WHO's stopping you?!

Last edited on 8/26/2010

WOW!!!
They aren't living in an evidence-based world.<

Shelbelle1282857804.7734719 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

As they have been saying each night, she is on a well deserved vacation!!!

Missy12231282869773.181614 PostsRegistered 6/26/2007
On 8/26/2010 jojobeans said:
On 8/26/2010 LyndaGee said:

I like her talk show. And, for those who don't, there are plenty of RW talk show hosts to keep you busy.

I thought we had the right to voice our opinions.

Not in a liberal's world.

Last edited on 8/26/2010

LyndaGee1282869888.124526 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004
On 8/26/2010 Missy1223 said:
On 8/26/2010 jojobeans said:
On 8/26/2010 LyndaGee said:

I like her talk show. And, for those who don't, there are plenty of RW talk show hosts to keep you busy.

I thought we had the right to voice our opinions.

Not in a liberal's world.

Do I hear violins?!

Last edited on 8/26/2010

WOW!!!
They aren't living in an evidence-based world.<

Page 1 of 2