TSV(R) Preview
135 Members and 13828 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Page 1 of 1
THEJBUGG1335125007.447442 PostsRegistered 2/15/2012

I've watched this entire video interview and I loved him before I watched it, and love him even more after watching it. When he talked about the death of his father, it somehow helped me deal with the death of mine. I think hearing that he grieved as strongly as he did allowed me to know that grieving was ok.

What a wonderful man!

velvetlace­131335133207.357391 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006
On 4/22/2012 THEJBUGG said:

I've watched this entire video interview and I loved him before I watched it, and love him even more after watching it. When he talked about the death of his father, it somehow helped me deal with the death of mine. I think hearing that he grieved as strongly as he did allowed me to know that grieving was ok.

What a wonderful man!

Agreed...Kindness...

TeachRsPet1335133620.6232796 PostsRegistered 11/29/2009

He was a lovely man, exactly as he was portrayed on TV. My senior year in college they brought him in to speak to the education majors. I was blown away. Kids today have missed out. He was so special.

TeachRsPet1335133701.72796 PostsRegistered 11/29/2009

He was a lovely man, exactly as he was portrayed on TV. My senior year in college they brought him in to speak to the education majors. I was blown away. Kids today have missed out. He was so special.

Skuggles1335137921.811811 PostsRegistered 4/25/2010

What a gentle tolerant man. Thank you so much for the link. I just watched part 1, and was very moved by his comments about how much difference one person can make in someone's life. "Liking you just the way you are", seems like a philosophy which if adopted, even here, could change the world.

velvetlace­131335138264.52391 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006
On 4/22/2012 Skuggles said:

What a gentle tolerant man. Thank you so much for the link. I just watched part 1, and was very moved by his comments about how much difference one person can make in someone's life. "Liking you just the way you are", seems like a philosophy which if adopted, even here, could change the world.

You're very welcome...I think we all need to accept people for who they are...Stop bullying was taught by him a long time ago...He got made fun of for his ways...he stayed true...A bright light to follow for sure...

Last edited on 4/22/2012

Last edited on 4/22/2012

lawdiva1335138503.227180 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Thanks for posting this velvetlace13. My DD loved him when she was little - he was so kind and gentle - just the right touch.

velvetlace­131335193030.463391 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006

We are so lucky to have this man on video...He is calming listening to him...He is right when he say's that we don't know the back story on people on TV..Let us not forget the wise words he so graciously shared with us...

always wro­ng never right1335197403.362007 PostsRegistered 12/20/2006Chicago, Illinois

I LOVE Mr. Rogers. Unlike the "worshipped" Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers actually taught children things, not just flash in the pan entertainmentr as SS does. NO ONE can learn to count or read as quickly as SS has presented the material. Mr. Rogers took 30 minutes to teach 1 lesson. Kids could actually learn. I wish that he had been more respected by parents than SS, because maybe then our preschoolers would have actually learned language and been more prepared for kindergarten. Obviously, I detest SS.

If sharing an opinion makes you appear angry, then the receiver of the opinion should look in the mirror!

velvetlace­131335224185.39391 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006
On 4/23/2012 always wrong never right said:

I LOVE Mr. Rogers. Unlike the "worshipped" Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers actually taught children things, not just flash in the pan entertainmentr as SS does. NO ONE can learn to count or read as quickly as SS has presented the material. Mr. Rogers took 30 minutes to teach 1 lesson. Kids could actually learn. I wish that he had been more respected by parents than SS, because maybe then our preschoolers would have actually learned language and been more prepared for kindergarten. Obviously, I detest SS.

My oldest son ADHD (now 27) would watch him so calmly...mesmerized by his voice...Sesame Street would come on and party time...except when they had calm puppets...he would be calm...Fascinating...

velvetlace­131335398084.237391 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006
On 4/23/2012 velvetlace13 said:
On 4/23/2012 always wrong never right said:

I LOVE Mr. Rogers. Unlike the "worshipped" Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers actually taught children things, not just flash in the pan entertainmentr as SS does. NO ONE can learn to count or read as quickly as SS has presented the material. Mr. Rogers took 30 minutes to teach 1 lesson. Kids could actually learn. I wish that he had been more respected by parents than SS, because maybe then our preschoolers would have actually learned language and been more prepared for kindergarten. Obviously, I detest SS.

My oldest son ADHD (now 27) would watch him so calmly...mesmerized by his voice...Sesame Street would come on and party time...except when they had calm puppets...he would be calm...Fascinating...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Page 1 of 1