TSV(R) Preview
126 Members and 13780 Guests Online

Viewpoints

I am still sick....after antibiotics and those two steroid shots?

Started 1331320602.103 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1331431666.667 by Rainbows and Roses

I am praying and believing that each day could be the day I am totally back to myself. Just wanted to update. I don't know what else to do. An ENT doctor would not do anything more than a steroid shot and antibiotics and the pulmonary doctor does not work on the congestion in the head.......I started a thread about steroid shots and I it appears it was poofed??? I don't know why??? Any way.........what else can I do?

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

Page 1 of 1
clemintine1331321824.19318155 PostsRegistered 11/5/2007C.C.

personally, I think you are allergic to something and you're unaware of what it is

ask the ENT if they do allergy testing....it doesn't take that long, a couple of appointments sometimes...Even if you were never allergic before, you could be now

Rainbows a­nd Roses1331321962.26718279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

I had allergy testing last March........for our area I am not allergic to mold, dust mites, oak, grasses, and the list goes on and on........I just don't know what to do but I am going to continue to pray and believe for my healing here on earth. I have never been sick with congestion this long in my life. Steroids and antibiotics always cured the problem.

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

Rainbows a­nd Roses1331321982.3218279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

Maybe I should have stayed on that two black warning box meds?

dooBdoo1331322290.09714382 PostsRegistered 6/27/2010Beautiful Southeast USA

Rainbows and Roses, have you tried some of the more natural methods? Perhaps someone in the "Wellness & Sports" would have some good, natural options to suggest.

I don't know your history, but I wanted to suggest that. My best wishes to you! It's no fun to feel so bad for so long.{#emotions_dlg.bored}

"Warm summer sun shine kindly here, Warm southern wind blow softly here, Green sod above, lie light, lie light -- Good night, dear heart, Good night, good night." (Mark Twain) ~★~

esmerelda1331323391.9113150 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Have you checked webmd?

"Your emotions and thoughts are always accompanied by bio-chemical reactions in your body, which create your state of health over time." - Christiane Northrup, M.D.

Think about it.

Billie531331323793.51318955 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007VA

I know someone else who has this crud and is having a very difficult time recovering. Nebulizers, Prednisone, and antibiotics and she's still sick after weeks of it. I think this stuff just takes a long time to get over, hang in there.

Last edited on 3/9/2012

Last edited on 3/9/2012

"Nobody can be kinder than the narcissist while you react to life in her own terms."

~SunDee~1331324143.1379683 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

Sorry to hear your still not feeling well,I hope you find relief soon (((R & R))) {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Happiness is about the temporary
Joy is about the eternal!!!

adelle381331324596.8337320 PostsRegistered 12/22/2007

I thought you had started to feel better? It would take at least a month to feel like yourself after a serious bronchial infection. I know it's frustrating to keep going back to the doctor and feel like he's not helping but maybe an ENT could do a scan and get to the bottom of the problem.

Hope things start improving.

"The higher up you go, the more mistakes you are allowed. Right at the top, if you make enough of them, it's considered to be your style."
Fred Astaire

KittyLouWho1331325105.32326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006

Have you had more than one round of antibiotics?

You might need a different one.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

pepes mom1331325934.0035046 PostsRegistered 7/21/2005SW PA

First, you are NOT going to feel miracously better overnight. There is no flip the light switch in a day medication for the crud.

Second, has anyone cultured any of your sputum or performed a nasal or throat culture? Maybe you aren't on the right medication.

Third, remember to drink plenty of fluids to thin your sputum.

~ Pepe's Mom ~

I'm cool toned. Yellow foundations make me look jaundiced. That is NOT the look I am going for.

VioletEyes1331335277.3913180 PostsRegistered 2/11/2009

Hi Rainbows and Roses. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I remember you mentioning that your doctor may have thought you had asthma. Some times asthmatics take a longer period of time to heal after a bout of bronchitis and there is a possibility you are just taking longer because of that. Are you using an inhaler and being properly treated for asthma?

There is also the possibility that having lost your dad, such a short period of time ago, may be having a major impact on your health. It is very difficult to heal and feel well when a person is dealing with intense grief. Give yourself time to heal both psychologically and physically.

keepmoving1331359837.257214 PostsRegistered 4/13/2011

This bug has been going around for a few months. I had it with a dry cough for weeks. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get over it. I didn't feel back to normal for two more weeks after the symptoms subsided. I know it is rough. Take your medicine, drink lots of liquids and get plenty of rest. As one poster said, there is no quick fix for this one. I hope you will begin to feel better soon. How long have you been sick?

bigsister1331374245.625090 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Southern California

My sister's pneumonia is still hanging on, even after a ten-day course of Biaxin. The dr. now wants her to begin another antibiotic today, five pills over four days. The x-ray shows the infection is still in one lung. He wants to see her next week.

Have you had a chest x-ray?

You will get better; it's just going to take longer than you thought.

Lilysmom1331375169.5632792 PostsRegistered 11/24/2007

R&R, this is from today's news. It is going around here too. Feel better soon ...

A winter illness is taking its toll, but unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it.

"It sticks around, and I still kinda feel sniffly," said Olivia McGinn, who has been battling the same bug for almost a month.

"Just like a really bad cold, I was really tired and just didn't feel good."

She's not the only one who's feeling worn out and under the weather.

"A very common one has been a viral illness, not a bacterial infection that we're starting to all call I think among docs and patients the 100-day cold," said Dr. Howard Conter, who sees the virus every day at his busy practice.

"It really does not seem to be leading to bronchitis or pneumonia or anything that requires an antibiotic. It's just a persistent, not feeling well, cough, mild sore throat, rarely a fever, rarely chills, just kind of feel like you've been sorta run over by a truck," he said.

There is no solution to beat this virus, Conter says, and he recommends even when you are on the mend, you should still take it easy.

"Vitamin C is certainly a very good idea, increasing your vitamin C, as much rest as you possibly can, trying to slow down a little bit, not trying to burn the candle at both ends while you give this a chance to get better," he said.

Because it's a virus, there's not much the doctor can do. However, Conter says to take caution if symptoms do get worse.

"Any symptoms where you know if you're short of breath, if you're starting to cough up anything that has colour yellow or green, if you're having chest pain, if you're having significant sore throat, chills and or fever then yeah, you should probably go see your family doctor."

Hildegarde­ Withers1331379252.9211690 PostsRegistered 11/9/2011

I hope you're feeling better soon. I know what you're going through. I had to have an inhaler as my chest was so congested that I couldn't breathe when I walked or got out into the cold weather. I never had to use an inhaler before. And I'm still coughing. It's been almost 3 months.

jonnycat1331390111.84202 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

Yes, there is a bug out there that lasts a long time. I have been sick with all the same symptoms since January 8th. A lot of people in my community have it. I wont go to get antibiotics or steroids because both have not worked for anyone on this bug. I dont want the side effects from the meds because they are worse than the bug itself. I wouldnt panic if I were you yet. I also dont want to compromise my immunity for anything in the future be going on unnessesary meds until I actually need them.

ford12241331392761.6133586 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

As to why your other thread was poofed, there are two kinds of steroids, metabolic (which the athletes use to bulk up, and is very, very dangerous) and corticosteroids, which are used medicinally for illness, autoimmune diseases, and other good reasons.

The webbie who poofed your thread probably didn't realize the difference. Nobody has ever indicated they were highly informed.

Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

happycat1331422133.1331449 PostsRegistered 9/18/2010

Rainbows and Roses, I am sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. Just wanted to say I am saying more prayers for you and hope you get better soon.

Rainbows a­nd Roses1331429994.01718279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011
On 3/9/2012 thunderkitty said:

Have you had more than one round of antibiotics?

You might need a different one.

I am on my 4th antibiotic since February 15.......today I did feel better and I am going to continue to feel better.....I am going to stop saying I am sick. I still have several days to go with my latest antibiotic. Amoxicillian 875 mg two times per day. I am better and I will be back to being better very soon. Shocked it took so long...I know I don't want this ever again. Thank you all for your support and prayers and kind words.

Rainbows a­nd Roses1331430102.118279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011
On 3/10/2012 bigsister said:

My sister's pneumonia is still hanging on, even after a ten-day course of Biaxin. The dr. now wants her to begin another antibiotic today, five pills over four days. The x-ray shows the infection is still in one lung. He wants to see her next week.

Have you had a chest x-ray?

You will get better; it's just going to take longer than you thought.

Yes I did and I did not have pneumonia.........he did not want me to get it and that is why he gave another antibiotic.

Rainbows a­nd Roses1331430153.9818279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011
On 3/10/2012 Hildegarde Withers- said:

I hope you're feeling better soon. I know what you're going through. I had to have an inhaler as my chest was so congested that I couldn't breathe when I walked or got out into the cold weather. I never had to use an inhaler before. And I'm still coughing. It's been almost 3 months.

I am sorry Hildegarde....praying for you.

biancardi1331430440.81745297 PostsRegistered 11/7/2005

R&R, I have been sick with a horrible cold as well this past week. I have increased my vit C, I take extra vit D and have been eating fresh veggies and fruit, staying away from refined sugar. Drinking lots of water.

I have also been going outside to walk for an hour or so daily. All of this, I believe, has helped me bounce back quicker than I normally would have when I get a cold.

How is your diet? Are you taking extra vitamins (such as C & D)? Fluids? and if you can, get outside and walk around.

Get another hobby as I am not yours.
“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
-Douglas Adams

Rainbows a­nd Roses1331431649.2118279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

I have been taking Vitamin c and I have been drinking water.......maybe not as much water as I should.....I have had a good amount today and yesterday. I go to the mail box and that is it. I plan on going to church tomorrow.....I have to get out of this apartment. Thank you for your post and I will take some Vitamin D3 tonight.

Rainbows a­nd Roses1331431666.66718279 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

Iam so sorry about your cold B.

Page 1 of 1