Just-Reduced Clearance
33 Members and 15569 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Headaches in the forehead area

Started 1329956981.433 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1330027494.667 by dooBdoo

Ok, I KNOW a community forum isn't a smart place to seek medical advice. I've been to my primary physician twice, had a CT scan and been to an ear, nose and throat doctor. Bottom line: I have daily headaches in the forehead area, but no one can tell me what it might be or how I might prevent them. If you have this type of headache, how do you get relief? TIA!

Page 1 of 2
TrackerGal1329957225.67323626 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007

Sinus headaches?

Charming11329957383.9231580 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

Do you think it could be allergies...do you notice when the headace starts?

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill

pjoy1329957457.8831587 PostsRegistered 7/27/2005

This is exactly what I thought. You won't believe this, but at my ear/nose/throat doctor visit today, I was told it's highly unlikely these are sinus issues because... get this... I don't have sinuses in my forehead. Apparently, I'm among the less than 10 percent of people who don't have frontal sinuses (those in the forehead.) Because of that, the doctor doesn't believe this is sinus related. I'll go back to my primary physician for follow ups, but I'm trying to find some relief in the meantime.

Missey11329957483.523174 PostsRegistered 12/21/2008Sierra Foothills CA

dp

Last edited on 2/22/2012

Last edited on 2/22/2012

Missey11329957683.1473174 PostsRegistered 12/21/2008Sierra Foothills CA
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:

This is exactly what I thought. You won't believe this, but at my ear/nose/throat doctor visit today, I was told it's highly unlikely these are sinus issues because... get this... I don't have sinuses in my forehead. Apparently, I'm among the less than 10 percent of people who don't have frontal sinuses (those in the forehead.) Because of that, the doctor doesn't believe this is sinus related. I'll go back to my primary physician for follow ups, but I'm trying to find some relief in the meantime.

After my excellent advice. Who would have known{#emotions_dlg.bored} I am interested, how did he make the diagnosis of no sinuses in the forehead by x-ray?

raven-blac­kbird1329957710.85714894 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009California

one of your largest sinuses is the Frontal Sinus located at your forehead........maybe a sinus or allergy problem..........................raven

"Polite conversation is rarely either."
Fran Lebowitz

pjoy1329958023.681587 PostsRegistered 7/27/2005
On 2/22/2012 Missey1 said:
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:

After my excellent advice. Who would have known{#emotions_dlg.bored} I am interested, how did he make the diagnosis of no sinuses in the forehead by x-ray?

Via the CT scan I had done last week. He showed me the picture and it's obvious. I have no frontal sinus. Weird, huh?

Blondilocks1329958503.613856 PostsRegistered 3/13/2007Home

People can have headaches and have no structural abnormalities in the brain. The neurologist should have put you on a headache preventative such as Elavil or Topamax.

KatherineW1329958645.728130 PostsRegistered 3/16/2009Alabamian by Birth; Southern By The Grace of God

Ice on the temple as well as behind the neck works great.

Its Better­ To Be Naughty1329958818.42776697 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

Are you sensitive to light, or is the throbbing across the whole front or on one side?

I am a migraine sufferer and have throbbing on one side sometimes in the front lobe sometimes at the back of my head, am sensitive to light and many times followed by nausea.

My headaches are daily and I take Imitrex.

aka "croemer"

pjoy1329959059.9171587 PostsRegistered 7/27/2005

I'm pretty sure these aren't migraines, as they're not on the sides of my head. When I asked the doctor today what I could take to treat the headaches (I'm on a 21-day antibiotic to treat inflamation of the sinues I do have) he said Motrin. Ugh.

raven-blac­kbird1329959065.7614894 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009California

d/p

Last edited on 2/22/2012

Last edited on 2/22/2012

Fran Lebowitz

raven-blac­kbird1329959084.13714894 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009California
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:

you have more then one sinus..........you have the Maxillary Sinus of Highmore sinuses under both your cheekbones and you have the Ethmoid and Spheroid Air cells near and behind your eyes...........are you saying your doctor says you have none of these....................raven

Fran Lebowitz

pjoy1329959272.741587 PostsRegistered 7/27/2005
On 2/22/2012 blackbirdraven said:
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:

you have more then one sinus..........you have the Maxillary Sinus of Highmore sinuses under both your cheekbones and you have the Ethmoid and Spheroid Air cells near and behind your eyes...........are you saying your doctor says you have none of these....................raven

Raven, those I have. But because I don't have sinuses in my forehead, where the headache is, he doesn't think they're releated to my sinuses. (Even though the sinuses I have are inflamed.)

raven-blac­kbird1329959335.89714894 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009California
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:

Raven, those I have. But because I don't have sinuses in my forehead, where the headache is, he doesn't think they're releated to my sinuses. (Even though the sinuses I have are inflamed.)

THAT is really odd...............I've never heard of anyone not having that sinus.......................raven

Fran Lebowitz

arrianna1329960088.025072 PostsRegistered 10/20/2010
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:

It is probably referred pain from the sinus you do have that is inflamed. Make sure you're well hydrated.I hope you feel better soon.

soxfan1329960653.5933993 PostsRegistered 2/10/2005Just north of Boston and central Florida
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:
On 2/22/2012 pjoy said:

THAT is really odd...............I've never heard of anyone not having that sinus.......................raven

I'm part of that 10%. I was worked up by an ENT for recurrent sinus infections. My CT scan also showed that I am lacking the frontal sinuses. I had never heard of that before.

You can still get sinus headaches w/o them.

It's always something...

soxfan1329960782.5233993 PostsRegistered 2/10/2005Just north of Boston and central Florida
On 2/22/2012 croemer said:

Are you sensitive to light, or is the throbbing across the whole front or on one side?

I am a migraine sufferer and have throbbing on one side sometimes in the front lobe sometimes at the back of my head, am sensitive to light and many times followed by nausea.

I feel your pain croemer. I also get migraines but not daily thank goodness. I take Fioricet and it works well for me.

It's always something...

Its Better­ To Be Naughty1329961043.4776697 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009
On 2/22/2012 soxfan said:

I feel your pain croemer. I also get migraines but not daily thank goodness. I take Fioricet and it works well for me.

They have been the bane of my existence sox, I am considering surgery because I have them daily and it really affects my life. Thank goodness for new medication because until 4-5 years ago I just suffered with them.

aka "croemer"

soxfan1329961617.1633993 PostsRegistered 2/10/2005Just north of Boston and central Florida

They have been the bane of my existence sox, I am considering surgery because I have them daily and it really affects my life. Thank goodness for new medication because until 4-5 years ago I just suffered with them.

How's your insomnia? I'm really struggling with that. Have you found any good ways to fix it? I was taking Ambien but I don't want to take it all the time. I tried Trazodone last night for the first time and I've been in fog all day.

It's always something...

Its Better­ To Be Naughty1329961973.08376697 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

How's your insomnia? I'm really struggling with that. Have you found any good ways to fix it? I was taking Ambien but I don't want to take it all the time. I tried Trazodone last night for the first time and I've been in fog all day.

I am using Alteril, can be found over the counter...it isn't as effective as Ambein.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

aka "croemer"

Melliezap1329962115.16315660 PostsRegistered 6/1/2009

I would get headaches a lot in college. I finally went to the doctor and he determined that I was having panic attacks and stress-induced headaches. After that, when I felt it coming on, I'd go for a walk, sing a song, dance around my house, call a friend, etc. I've barely had them at all since then.

A book commits suicide every time you watch The Real Housewives...

TIGER~LILY1329962516.64139 PostsRegistered 2/18/2012

I have horrible headaches. Mostly migraines but when the cat has been in my room then my head hurts in my forehead. It's allergies.

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”

missy11329966786.132620 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

I have done all that you have done (and more) and been on many RX's. I have had headaches everyday for half my life. Because people can't see them or migraines, they don't seem to care or have compassion. I have had sinus surgery and that didn't work. I go to the neurologist , had catscans and mri. Excederin works for a hour or so. I feel for you and all who have them daily. I try to chill out in a dark room, little noise and low music on. Sometimes I put an ice pack on my forehead.

Last edited on 2/22/2012

Last edited on 2/22/2012

occasional­ rain1329967239.87317324 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

Go to a chiropractor, a good one will fix it. Pain in one area can actually have it's source in another.

Page 1 of 2