Shoes & Handbags Offers
73 Members and 10495 Guests Online

Viewpoints

How do you return a QVC gift?

Started 1262792475 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1262820978 by Mersha
replies
I received a gift that was purchased from the Q that I don't really want and want to return for credit. I don't want the giver to know that I am returning this item.
I know I can call CS but I want to know if any of you have done this and what was your experience.
Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
RubyinNE12627925557399 PostsRegistered 8/16/2009Nebraska
Rap, Can you return it for the credit towards soomething else? This way the gift giver doesn't have to know.
--
Ruby

Ruby

greengem-12627927115939 PostsRegistered 3/1/2008
Call CS, give them the item #, and ask for a return permission in exchange for merchandise credit/gift card to you.

--

... and the sea will grant each new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home

RubyinNE12627928267399 PostsRegistered 8/16/2009Nebraska
Hiya GreenGem, I'm housebound due to cold and snow conditions.
--
Ruby

Ruby

teathyme12628170501099 PostsRegistered 2/28/2009
Whatever you do, talk to CS first. I sent back a gift that was clearly from someone else to me as a gift, and clearly wrote that I wanted a merchandise credit instead for the gift. Did they do that? No. They posted a return, and refunded the money to the gift giver, who was steamed that I returned it. So now I have no gift and and a steamed gifter. Not happy with the Q about this, I can tell you.

Sephy1262817601239 PostsRegistered 7/13/2008
Hi Rapunzel,
I received a gift from my M-I-L and I did not need the item. I would not hurt her feelings because she thought it was an item I would really like.
I called customer service and I told them who purchased the gift so they could see the price they paid, in case it had been clearanced or something. I told them I did not want the person to know. I received credit to my account without any problem.
Good Luck

MrsSweetie­Bear12628188186397 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Somewhere UNDER the rainbow
> Whatever you do, talk to CS first. I sent back a gift
> that was clearly from someone else to me as a gift,
> and clearly wrote that I wanted a merchandise credit
> instead for the gift. Did they do that? No. They
> posted a return, and refunded the money to the gift
> giver, who was steamed that I returned it. So now I
> have no gift and and a steamed gifter. Not happy with
> the Q about this, I can tell you.
teathyme - That is exactly what happened to me. I filled out the form properly and didn't know I couldn't trust them to handle the gift return correctly and discreetly.
My elderly mother was hurt and bewildered and I was mortified and very angry. It was the 2nd really bad thing QVC had done to me personally. I gave them one more chance after that, which they also blew. I have only 3 items in the past 2 years, one of which I returned.
I'd say I'm pretty much through with the Q.

My favorite people are dogs, and
Dogs are my favorite people.

Sooner126281984714657 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
I got some "lovely" gift from QVC I'd like to ditch but I know the giver would find out about it. Sigh! Hope the Salvation Army enjoys it as much as she did! LOL!!

Brinklii126282008710277 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI
Same thing happened to me. I sent my sister a gift. She didn't like it and sent it back to QVC for credit. She could have just asked me for the receipt! Instead of giving her credit, they contacted me about crediting it back to my account. My sister was embarrassed. I just send her gift cards now. Tabby
--
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"....Hillel

A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

Mersha12628209783808 PostsRegistered 9/22/2007
I would hesitate to return a gift to the "Q" or any other online shopping site.
Even though you receive a return authorization for the gift, there is a very good chance that when the company receives it, things could get mixed up.
I would feel terrible if the gift giver found out due to an error in the customer service department.
If I really could not use the gift, I would be more inclined to donate it to a favorite charity.
--
Edited by Mersha at 01/06/2010 2:36 PM PST

Last edited on 1/6/2010

Page 1 of 1