Labor Day Weekend Clearance
77 Members and 8130 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Aloe Vera as a facial moisturizer?

Started 1314501610.14 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1314553349.593 by blahblahvampemerblah
replies

Has anyone used Aloe Vera as a facial moisturizer? I have been doing so lately. After cleansing my face in the mornings I apply Aloe Vera Gel generously to a damp skin. After it sets for a bit, I then apply my regular moisturizer (Olay) sometimes with a few drops of one of the facial oils mixed in it and lastly apply my makeup (liquid). It seems that my face looks better all day when I do this as my face is very dry. I would like to know who else used Aloe Vera on their face. I know that it is used mainly for sunburns, etc. but I really like it on my face in place of serums. What brands are best? Many thanx for your help.

Page 1 of 1
biancardi1314537833.8346768 PostsRegistered 11/7/2005

I was at the drug store the other day and saw a moisturizer that was made from Aloe Vera (like you were doing when you mixed it in)

I use Aloe Vera for helping scar tissue to heal (helps with the scratching..) along with cocoa butter & Vit. E

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair. Douglas Adams

Shelbelle1314550936.79334258 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Why not, many skin care lines are aloe based, such as Ice Elements and Aloette.

Last edited on 8/28/2011

Last edited on 8/28/2011

chickenbutt1314551250.58323563 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I've used aloe vera gel on my face and neck for 25 years. It is excellent as a moisturizer and general skin conditioner. If you have oily skin it neutralizes that and if you have dry skin it brings moisture without having oils (yuck).

It also helps keep away wrinkles and, for me, it has precluded brown spots. I was starting to get a few brown spots on my hands a few years ago so I made a point of rubbing some of it into my hands after doing my face and neck, and they went away. They haven't been back, yet anyway.

I highly recommend aloe vera gel for people of all ages. I use the Olay Regenerist Serum (fragrance-free) after washing and drying face & neck. Then I put on the aloe vera gel. Then, if it is a make-up day, I put on my foundation primer, foundation, etc.

At night I just wash and apply the aloe vera gel and nothing else. I'm getting close to 57 and have no wrinkles. Skin, which used to be combination, is not oily or dry. It keeps the skin so nice.

Just don't forget the neck and hands! :)

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

C and C Fo­rever1314552618.531572 PostsRegistered 3/21/2010

I'm going to pick up some the next time I'm out. I have used it for sunburns or other small burns in the past, but I never thought about using it this way. Nice thing is, it is all natural and not expensive!!

Thanks for the idea!!

Edited for spelling~~

Last edited on 8/28/2011

Last edited on 8/28/2011

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.

chickenbutt1314553253.74723563 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

For the last several years I have been purchasing the 'Fruit of the Earth' brand. I have orders with drugstore dot com from time to time and the 24oz bottle (MONTHS worth!) has been on ad for $5.99 lately (reg $6.99, so that's still mega cheap).

Anyway, I like this brand because it's pretty pure and clear. I always keep extras on hand because I grab one or two whenever they are on ad. If you prefer a tube, they have an 8oz tube, but it's almost as much as the 24oz bottle.

I've heard that stores carry the brand too, but haven't looked around in my area since I grab them whenever I order from drugstore.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

blahblahva­mpemerblah1314553349.5836144 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I used aloe vera when I was in college because I needed something that would last about 20 minutes before my oily skin really kicked in.

It's 98% water itself so it's not great for dry skin as there's nothing to keep it in the skin (need a wax or oil for that purpose), but for oily skins, it's a nice temporary moisturizer.

Yeah, FINALLY!!!!! Run Trey, run!

Page 1 of 1