Guaranteed Delivery
18 Members and 17187 Guests Online

Viewpoints

So, will QVC sell us the stuff that people return after three months?

Started 1260381284 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1260390295 by Ms Lorraine
I understand why QVC has such a liberal return policy for holiday gifts, but after the holidays we might be getting something that's been in a person's house for three months! That sort of grosses me out. I'm a clean freak. Plus, how do we know the clothing, etc hasn't been worn or used for that period of time?

Ruby

Page 1 of 1
HelloYello1260381412474 PostsRegistered 11/2/2009
I watched Hoarders yesterday - LOTS of HSN and QVC boxes laying around...one house had feces and roaches everywhere.
Maybe they might want to return that Slanket little Johnnie bought them???
'nuff said!
--
:-) :^O ;-)

nytengale112603815491224 PostsRegistered 8/22/2009PA
I understand what you're saying, but it's no different if you go into any other store. A lot of stores have policies that allow you to return items for up to 6 months or longer. That's why I ALWAYS was my clothes before I wear them.
--
nytengale1
BE Fairly Light, Pure Grace lover, Handbag Addict

nytengale1

Lottina12603817141370 PostsRegistered 6/19/2007Georgia
Much of them will be bought in lots by ebay sellers. I don't understand it but that is apparently what happens.
--
Dee

Lottina

RubyinNE12603817707456 PostsRegistered 8/16/2009Nebraska
> I watched Hoarders yesterday - LOTS of HSN and QVC
> boxes laying around...one house had feces and
> roaches
everywhere.
>
> Maybe they might want to return that Slanket little
> Johnnie bought them???
>
> 'nuff said!
>
> --
> :-) :^O ;-)
Oh Lordy Yello! That gives me a whole new cause for concern! : )

Ruby

conniec1260381787502 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007
i just bought a leather coat from the q that was a "as is" i received it yesterday and to my eye it looks perfect, it could have been a return, they had a list of possibilities, but the coat was awesome and a steal at $80.00!!
--
kitkats 4 ever

sometimes what we want is not what we need

RubyinNE12603818387456 PostsRegistered 8/16/2009Nebraska
Ny, I didn't know that. I thought they might have a 14 day return policy. Yes, when possible, I usually wash before I wear.

Ruby

RubyinNE12603819147456 PostsRegistered 8/16/2009Nebraska
Connie, It's good they told you! And it's always good to get a great deal.

Ruby

HelloYello1260382002474 PostsRegistered 11/2/2009
> i just bought a leather coat from the q that was a
> "as is" i received it yesterday and to my eye it
> looks perfect, it could have been a return, they had
> a list of possibilities, but the coat was awesome and
> a steal at $80.00!!
Sadly, a lot of people get used, returned items from QVC and they pay full price and do not have the choice of taking it as is or not.
I have heard nothing but good things about stuff bought "as is" from the Q, but not so good things about people getting clothes stained with grease and reeking of BO :O
--
:-) :^O ;-)

SweetNothi­ns1260382038899 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006
You must assume that, yes, if it was on "back order", it was ordered, used and finally returned by another person.
If that bothers you, then don't do waitlist.
That said, some posters have indicated that they ordered items NOT on waitlist, that were obviously used (makeup/stains, etc.).
And even in a store, others have tried things on, probably, maybe even worn and returned.

sometimesQ­VCaddict12603827192747 PostsRegistered 5/12/2008
It won't go back in 'regular' inventory..but WILL go to the outlets!!! So there will be HUGE sales at the outlets in January-March. :)

SophieDarl­ing126038290236 PostsRegistered 10/7/2009Chicago
Can't win with everybody.
--
SophieDarling :-x - Lover of Smashbox, Dooney & Bourke, and Philosophy!

SophieDarling :-x - Lover of Bobbi Brown, Dooney & Bourke, and Philosophy!

stl-laura12603831583148 PostsRegistered 5/24/2007st louis! - gateway to the west!!
Having worked in retail for over 20 years, there are few guarantees that what you buy hasn't been handled, tried on, worn, returned etc. by several others - but companies do what they can to prevent unsavory items from returning to the sales floor -
99% of the time if I return something, I may have opened it, inspected it, decided there was something I didn't like about it, repackaged it as best as I could and returned it - never having done anything to keep it from being resold to someone else -
Now, if something is damaged or inferior, I clearly mark the return slip and indicate the problem so that it doesn't get returned to stock - sometimes things may slip thru the cracks, but all in all there's no reason to think of the Q as better/worse than any other retailer...
Laura
--
...simply having a wonderful Christmas time...

...so raise your glass if you are wrong, in all the right ways - All my underdogs, we will never be anything, anything but loud & nitty gritty, dirty little freaks...

insomniac12603833677788 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Just don't buy anything for a long time if it bothers you that much.

insomniac

twocent126038350710242 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008
> It won't go back in 'regular' inventory..but WILL go
> to the outlets!!! So there will be HUGE sales at the
> outlets in January-March. :)
Sadly~ not always true. I received a bag once from QVC that had no tags, crumbs in the bottom, and stains on the lining.
It just reeked of a peppery -powdery scent and the strap had frayed threads. The finish was very dull.
I called the Q and went off. Told them I could get a better looking used bag at a rummage sale for much less than $200.X-(
I was very upset and asked cs if they do send returns back to
the warehouse ~ to go out again . She paused a few seconds and told me yes, some of them certainly are re- packed and ship back out when ordered. :O
I returned it and received a new one, smelling of leather and had two attached tags ....... no stains, stench, or crumbs.
--
(formerly twocent)

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

LISHKA1260383619271 PostsRegistered 10/2/2007naples, florida
My guess would be yes. I have found people complaining here every year after Christmas that they receive used junk from them.
--
lishka
(~~/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

lishka

Cranberries126038383510807 PostsRegistered 4/14/2009
I recently had to return a coffee maker. I was not impressed after the first use and by week 2 I had had it. It didn't keep the coffee warm and it leaked! (the carafe also leaked!)
I feel bad because 1. I don't know if it will be put back on the shelves and if so someone will be getting a USED coffee maker.
2. Not only will it be used it will be JUNK!
Oh well, what can you do I suppose! I find it wrong when places re-sell USED items (without stating that it was used, returned, refurbished, etc)
ETA: The coffee maker wasn't from here though.
--
“Here's a good trick: Get a job as a judge at the Olympics. Then, if some guy sets a world record, pretend that you didn't see it and go, "Okay, is everybody ready to start now?".” --Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.
--
Edited by ThePinkLady at 12/09/2009 9:37 AM PST

Last edited on 12/9/2009

Eddie: "You surprised to see us, Clark?"

Clark: "Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

StyleIcon12603862803435 PostsRegistered 4/7/2006
I think they will sell us stuff that people returned to them after the holidays. I have received used Makeup from the Q which isn't supposed to happen but it does. I wouldn't be surprised if they just send out returns.

oneWhiteSp­arrow12603890101756 PostsRegistered 7/25/2008
Yesterday I received a so called new cashmere sweater. Costs big bucks and it had someone's BO all over it. ugg it went back.
No telling what some items will be like when people wear it for two months and send them back. And we come along next year and buy that item and it has someone's BO all over it.

my-2-cents1260389242742 PostsRegistered 9/25/2006
I'm thinkin'..........yep ;

...and that's my two cents.

Tuco12603900233377 PostsRegistered 3/1/2008Where the Greys fly
Sadly, you run the risk of getting a used QVC item 365 days a year - not just in the beginning of the year.
I have read of people not only getting used items but they find the return slips with the other customer's information and even notes marking on the item where the defect is. I would at least hope QVC would open these boxes up and inspect the items, but it seems like they just rip off the label and throw on a new one, leaving the contents as is X-(

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul." Emily Dickinson

Ms Lorraine12603902954171 PostsRegistered 6/9/2008
They will and they do.

Page 1 of 1