Give Gorgeous
153 Members and 11812 Guests Online

Viewpoints

"Love Child"

Started 1305733283.913 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1305777766.187 by mamaslittlepotato

I really hate that term (along with "illegitimate child").

Page 1 of 2
Doc-Mom1305733479.28316317 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006

I agree.

What does that make the other children then when they use that term?

Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend... never owned a dog.

Don't try to win over the haters, you are not the jerk whisperer.

kdgn1305733591.2713414 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Especially when the couple weren't in love in the first place!

C and C Fo­rever1305733774.2971572 PostsRegistered 3/21/2010

I guess it sounds a little better than "Mistake", but not much. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.

Zoologist1305733800.5676013 PostsRegistered 9/3/2010

I've not watched the news lately much - has he been paying support on this child? Is it a boy/girl? Does the child know?

Doc-Mom1305733804.89716317 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006
On 5/18/2011 kdgn said:

Especially when the couple weren't in love in the first place!

ITA!!!

Last edited on 5/18/2011

Last edited on 5/18/2011

Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend... never owned a dog.

Don't try to win over the haters, you are not the jerk whisperer.

stilltamn8r1305733820.88713953 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006So Cal

Well, many married couples produce children and the love the spouses might have for each other is questionable also, yet thiose are "legitimate" children-

what i can't stand is that now this teenage boy's identity is known and none of this is his fault..

stilltamn8r1305733870.75313953 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006So Cal

How about calling them "child" or "children" with no perjorative in front of it?

JJsMom1305734026.3519931 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007
On 5/18/2011 stilltamn8r said:

How about calling them "child" or "children" with no perjorative in front of it?

I agree. Why stigmatize the child because of what the parents did?

I feel so sorry for that kid because his people will now know who he is.

kdgn1305734115.65313414 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/18/2011 stilltamn8r said:

what i can't stand is that now this teenage boy's identity is known and none of this is his fault..

I'm not happy about this either. Her name is out there but because he's a minor his name isn't being released? Excuse me??? Showing a photo of the mom and son, blurring his face and not hers kind of makes it obvious, no?

Some protection.

stilltamn8r1305734229.8913953 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006So Cal
On 5/18/2011 kdgn said:
On 5/18/2011 stilltamn8r said:

what i can't stand is that now this teenage boy's identity is known and none of this is his fault..

I'm not happy about this either. Her name is out there but because he's a minor his name isn't being released? Excuse me??? Showing a photo of the mom and son, blurring his face and not hers kind of makes it obvious, no?

Some protection.

And announcing her name and practically telling where she lives.. so sad- what if he actually grew up thinking her exhusband WAS his father? This is so horrible for him- imagine what his day will be like at school today...

MsGirlyGirl1305735182.2032774 PostsRegistered 8/19/2007
On 5/18/2011 JJsMom said:

I really hate that term (along with "illegitimate child").

So do I -- especially since the child is normally not concieved in love. Honestly think Arnold loved this woman? Really don't think Arnold is capable of loving anyone but himself.

KittyLouWho1305735470.66326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006

Just "child" would suffice.

Poor kid.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

shesallthat1305735578.84310246 PostsRegistered 4/4/2005
On 5/18/2011 JJsMom said:

(along with "illegitimate child").

it's better than than the alternative!

she said: "that's alot of money to spend on a purse!" and i instantly knew we could not be friends.

chrystaltr­ee1305735788.08712717 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010

People don't really use the term "illegitimate" child anymore, that term went out a while ago. I think the media uses those terms to grab attention. A child is a child is child; the marital status of the parents is totally irrelevant.

chrystaltr­ee1305735922.4212717 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010
On 5/18/2011 kdgn said:

Especially when the couple weren't in love in the first place!

What? Are we pretending that all married people are or ever were in love? Having a marriage license doesn't mean there's love or committment.

BlueCollar­Babe1305740524.09310911 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007

Arnold and Mildred may have been more "in love" than Arnold and Maria for all we know. Maybe he just married Maria to be part of a rich and powerful family.

None of us know these people's motivations. As for "love child", there are worse things you could be called.

Love Roses1305741096.63310519 PostsRegistered 1/10/2007
On 5/18/2011 FloraDora said:

Arnold and Mildred may have been more "in love" than Arnold and Maria for all we know. Maybe he just married Maria to be part of a rich and powerful family.

None of us know these people's motivations. As for "love child", there are worse things you could be called.

Could be the case. Arnold has always stated he wanted to come to America (he's from Hungary) be in movies, get rich and marry a Kennedy. He accomplished that.

I think the term 'love child' is a kind way of describing the child of an illicit relationship.

Never Forget - The Native American Indian Holocausts!

Maggie Nol­ia1305741146.95314669 PostsRegistered 1/30/2006

Lust child maybe.

Buzzards fly in packs. Eagles soar alone.

Pray for the USA.


"Let's roll." ~ Todd Beamer, 9/11/01.

BlueCollar­Babe1305741217.6510911 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007
On 5/18/2011 Love Roses said:
On 5/18/2011 FloraDora said:

Arnold and Mildred may have been more "in love" than Arnold and Maria for all we know. Maybe he just married Maria to be part of a rich and powerful family.

None of us know these people's motivations. As for "love child", there are worse things you could be called.

Could be the case. Arnold has always stated he wanted to come to America (he's from Hungary) be in movies, get rich and marry a Kennedy. He accomplished that.

I think the term 'love child' is a kind way of describing the child of an illicit relationship.

He's actually from Austria but ITA with everything else you said.

LyndaGee1305741306.434543 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004
On 5/18/2011 Love Roses said:
On 5/18/2011 FloraDora said:

Arnold and Mildred may have been more "in love" than Arnold and Maria for all we know. Maybe he just married Maria to be part of a rich and powerful family.

None of us know these people's motivations. As for "love child", there are worse things you could be called.

Could be the case. Arnold has always stated he wanted to come to America (he's from Hungary)

I think he's from Austria.

WOW!!!
They aren't living in an evidence-based world.<

Krimpette1305741345.14710213 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

'Love child' has such a lovely connotation on the surface. If illegitimate children get to be called "love child", what should the children conceived in marriage called?

ratdog1111305741415.93714924 PostsRegistered 10/27/2008

I like "born on the wrong side of the blanket"

Maggie Nol­ia1305741427.18314669 PostsRegistered 1/30/2006
On 5/18/2011 funtoscrap said:

'Love child' has such a lovely connotation on the surface. If illegitimate children get to be called "love child", what should the children conceived in marriage called?

"Financial insurance for my future" children.

Buzzards fly in packs. Eagles soar alone.

Pray for the USA.


"Let's roll." ~ Todd Beamer, 9/11/01.

BlueCollar­Babe1305741523.610911 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007
On 5/18/2011 funtoscrap said:

'Love child' has such a lovely connotation on the surface. If illegitimate children get to be called "love child", what should the children conceived in marriage called?

Collateral damage?

ratdog1111305741769.2514924 PostsRegistered 10/27/2008

Nothing wrong with the term Illigitimate.

It has legalmeanings and ramifications relating to inheritance and position.

It is just another term we have made unacceptable in trying to be politically correct.

Page 1 of 2