Trusted Contributor

Is there a way to find out if somebody had a baby many years ago?

First of all, I am trying to prepare myself for the negative responses I will receive for posting this, but I have decided to post anyhow.

My dad's oldest sister was 10 yrs. older than my dad. She never got married and lived with my grandparents until they both passed away, and then she passed away just two years later.

Over twenty years ago (some time after my aunt died) I happened to get into a conversation with an older couple who knew my family well. I live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone. Anyhow, at some point these people mentioned something about my dad's oldest sister having a baby many years earlier. I told them they must be confused with my dad's other two sisters, but they insisted they knew the family well, and they knew my dad's oldest sister had had a baby. The said they were not confused and that they remember it clearly. They remembered where she worked when she was young, and they insisted she had a baby.

I eneded up asking my mother, and she said she had heard that also, years ealier, but she hadn't thought much about it or even knew if it was true. My mom grew up in this same town, but she would have been 11 yrs. younger than my aunt, and she would have been a little girl if and when my aunt would have had a baby. My dad would have been a small child at that time, too, therefore he more than likely would not have known a thing about this.

So, what I'm wondering is, is there any way of finding out if my aunt ever gave birth to a child? I'm thinking it may be impossible to find out, as we don't know what year this child would have been born or where. My aunt may have gone away somewhere to give birth.

My sisters and I are very curious about this, as we may have family members somewhere that we would like to meet.....MAYBE. Does anyone know if there is any way to get such information if you don't have any idea what month or year a child may have been born?