Not applicable

Has anybody felt that you no longer want to be married? What to do?

I've been married almost 17 years, no problems such as infidelity, finances, etc. We have two wonderful children, in fact, I feel like there's "nothing to complain about". I don't know how much detail to go into but I'm feeling a sense of disenchantment with marriage, like"why " keep doing this. Is this normal for couples married this long? This is the first for both of us, we got married in our early twenties, he has a great, rewarding career, i've stayed home to raise our children but am ready to return to work, went back to school and currently putting in applications. I am feeling trapped. By that I mean, I feel like I'm missing out on life, not really "other men" but like I want to be by myself. I'm feeling like all I do is provide for everybody's needs, hubby's too, and I'm tired. My husband will retire (military) within the next 5 years and I feel like there is nothing to lookforward to. We cannot agree where to settle,he's very country, want property, no neighbors (close by) -very "provincial"- as is his family and I enjoy small, towns with historical neighborhoods, a university etc-established. Our entire marriage has been military life, we've lived where we're sent. I've enjoyed travelling, seeing new places, but I miss my home state (he doesn't want to settle there). I also feel like we're growing apart, mostly me I admit, he's still very happy. Which brings me to this: how do I talk about this to him? We've had talks and like any good, loving husband, he says he'll do anything to make me happy. I don't know what "that" is other than "time alone"...doing things with somebody who enjoys what I do, so we can do that together. We don't agree on those things as much anymore (the growing apart I'm feeling), in our younger years, it was all about just being together, we did things we didn't "normally do" because we enjoyed being together. Now, its not fun, for either of us, when go with him on his things and he with mine. We do things as a family and its okay, its for the kids. I know there's a lot of smart ladies out there. Can you shed some light? Is this normal? I'm 42 he's 39. Is this an age-thing? Thank you.