Back to School
12 Members and 9176 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Anyone watching Millionaire Matchmaker in NYC this season?

Started 1288773577.563 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1288917658.26 by mousiegirl

I just watched 2 Millionaire Matchmaker in NYC episodes and they were sort of unhappy endings. Patty is losing it with her recruiter because there aren't enough hot women coming in for her male millionaires, and then they are going against her advice on the dates.

I just watched one with this delightful young lady who was chosen by a 31 year old millionaire (family business running medical transcription schools across the country) and it was tragic. The millionaire guy was a hind end and he drank too much, then took his date to a rooftop garden after an early dinner to drink with the boys -- for them to all get a look at his date. Well they all got sloshed (she didn't drink) and then the guys cheered their friend on and demanded he kiss the girl -- and he was so sloppy.{#emotions_dlg.w00t} It was offensive! Patty yelled at him when she got the debrief from the woman and he got an attitude with Patty so she cursed him out and kicked him out of the office.

Then there was this very picky skinny rigid guy looking for a hot guy. Another delightful pick after the mixer, but he (the millionaire) was a disaster. Their date was like watching paint dry.

The other episode had Carolyn Manzo's two sons (Chris and Albie) picking dates that Patti brought to the Brownstone. As Patty pegged, Carolyn was way too controlling over her older son, Albie. He's 24 and still living at home.

Chris took his date to a command performance (solo - just them in the audience) at one of those King Arthur dinner shows -- Midievil times?? Anyway, his date was made to put on a smelly frock and they got a load of food on a metal plate that they had to eat with their hands -- all while two 2nd rate actors dressed as knights rode horses and fenced in a big sand/dirt pit. They went out to drinks afterward and then he was lucy-goosey about when they'd ever get together again. Patty ended up yelling at him for taking her to Midievil Times.

Albie, on the other hand, took his date on a private boat cruise of Manhattan and then out for drinks. They got a long beautifully and he even called her the next day - he was so sweet! Albie was very uptight about the whole thing initially because he's been turned off by women who are only into him because of the fame and meeting Carolyn and crew.

So anyone else see these episodes? F'YI, it's on Tuesday nights 9PM on Bravo - and replayed a ton thru the week.

Your BELIEFS don’t make you a better person, your BEHAVIOR does.

Page 1 of 2
gojo1288775496.4433307 PostsRegistered 4/25/2006

Hi SpeedyG - I haven't seen the first one you talked about (I think I have that one on my DVR) but did see the Manzo Brothers. I felt bad for Chris - he's still very young...he thought he was impressing her by shutting the place down just for the two of them..Hey, back in the day if someone did that for me on a first date I wouldn't have been standing there calling it cheesy! There was also another one I saw from NY where it was a woman Patti couldn't please. She didn't want to date any of the guys but finally consented to go out with one. Needless to say that didn't work out.

speedyindi­sguise1288775984.7138733 PostsRegistered 3/30/2009Atlanta, GA

Hi gojo! It looks like future episodes are going to be just as confrontational. I know it's terrible, but for some reason I'm compelled to watch! Actually the next episode the millionaire woman brings her g.a.y. "husband" on the date with her pick from the mixer. Oy yoy yoy!

tropicalbe­achgirl1288785614.942649 PostsRegistered 6/17/2005

Speedy, I am a little ashamed to admit I have a fascination for this show, too.

I wonder if Patty behaves the same with her clients when she's off camera (this is reality tv afterall). I love her honesty tho, and her very down to earth attitude; would like to be able to tell some people I know the way it is, like she does! And she gets paid for this . . .

She is right, IMO, most of the time about the issues her millionaire's have; guess someone has to have the chutzpah to tell them the way it is!

Let's face it, if they are seeking someone to get them dates, something's wrong somewhere!!!

In diving to the bottom of pleasure we bring up more gravel than pearls ~ Honore de Balzac

winamac1288785696.67319053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana

Yes I do watch it. I am pathetic. I watch that silly show as I watch all the HSWV's shows, and I have no shame!Wink

Hi Speedy!

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Last edited on 11/3/2010

missyw11288787944.41332017 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

Yes, I have watched both of the new shows so far.

What happened to her other female employee (Chelsea)? Patti said she can't talk about it. Lawyered up.

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Last edited on 11/3/2010

carrob1288790220.1771808 PostsRegistered 10/6/2010 FL

I watch, love the show, as well as housewives (yes all of them!).

The Manzo Mom I am not crazy about, never was.....Patty got it right when she said she needs to cut the cord. How embarrasing for the younger son, he has no clue, but who of us did at that age? The older one did fine, can't help wonder though if the girl really is interested in him or possibly being on future housewives shows? I wish they would have not gone to their place of business, because I don't know if I would have recognized the Manzo boys away from their Mother.

Recorded last nights show, haven't watched yet, sounds like a doozy!

missyw11288790406.32732017 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007
On 11/3/2010 carrob said:

The Manzo Mom I am not crazy about, never was.....Patty got it right when she said she needs to cut the cord. How embarrasing for the younger son, he has no clue, but who of us did at that age? The older one did fine, can't help wonder though if the girl really is interested in him or possibly being on future housewives shows? I wish they would have not gone to their place of business, because I don't know if I would have recognized the Manzo boys away from their Mother.

The Manzo sons are not millionaires, themselves either.

Subject1288790643.1211269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

Patty would be the worst date of all. Her engagement went in the toilet -and no wonder - who would want to marry her with her foul mouth and all. I think the show is a joke. How can someone who can not keep a man herself pair up people for married bliss!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

violann1288790981.8512075 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004

Oooo I didn't know that Patty's fiancee went south- I thought she was comparing rings with one of her success stories in the episode before the Manzo brother's episode.

The Manzos seem like very nice kids, and very gentlemanly. I didn't watch the whole episode because DH hates the show. I hope they were gentlemen for the whole half hour.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

speedyindi­sguise1288794712.838733 PostsRegistered 3/30/2009Atlanta, GA
On 11/3/2010 winamac said:

Yes I do watch it. I am pathetic. I watch that silly show as I watch all the HSWV's shows, and I have no shame!Wink

Hi Speedy!

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Hi Win!! I'm LOVING the Beverly Hills Housewives -- especially Camille who I initially undervalued. She's really something! I empathize with her because it really does seem that Kelsey did her WRONG!

speedyindi­sguise1288795045.3978733 PostsRegistered 3/30/2009Atlanta, GA
On 11/3/2010 MissyW1 said:

What happened to her other female employee (Chelsea)? Patti said she can't talk about it. Lawyered up.

Last edited on 11/3/2010

I wondered about that Chelsea thing, too! I initially thought it was the intern who Patty has been calling on the carpet, but her name is Andrea.

I did like seeing Patty on Andy's aftershow. I give her credit for saying it like it is -- she doesn't hold any punches and I appreciate that.

Did you hear her talk about Bethenny and Jill? She said she's Team Jill because it was Jill who invited Bethenny to join the REal Housewives of NYC cast, gave her food and a place to stay when she was broke, etc... I sort of understand that Bethenny should be appreciative for all Jill did to get her an entree into everything, but Bethenny is the one who has parlayed it into such a bonanza -- and in SPITE of Jill. Who knows?

I read on another thread that Bethenny is going to be on Skating with the Stars. Remember how Jill fancies herself a figure skater and did her routine on the ice on RHONYC? I'll bet she's burning over not being included. LOL!

speedyindi­sguise1288795230.368733 PostsRegistered 3/30/2009Atlanta, GA
On 11/3/2010 carrob said:

I agree with your comments about Momma Manzo. I cringed when she jumped on Albie as soon as he came into the room with the "Don't close yourself off!! Open up!!" etc... It reminds me of a female friend I had growing up -- she's now 44 and still lives at home with her momma. Never had a relationship to this day that I know of.

speedyindi­sguise1288795630.1778733 PostsRegistered 3/30/2009Atlanta, GA
On 11/3/2010 violann said:

Oooo I didn't know that Patty's fiancee went south- I thought she was comparing rings with one of her success stories in the episode before the Manzo brother's episode.

The Manzos seem like very nice kids, and very gentlemanly. I didn't watch the whole episode because DH hates the show. I hope they were gentlemen for the whole half hour.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

She talked about it last week when she was on Andy's Watch What Happens Live show. She said they grew apart and wanted different things. She said he didn't want to do all the TV stuff and be seen on her show and didn't like Bravo, but immediately signed a release to be a guest on another network's show. She inferred he was lazy and living off her, too. Who knows? I just thought I'd fill you in on what she said since you didn't know.

OH, another deal was giving back the engagement ring. Patty wants to sell it and donate the proceeds to a charity and claims it was a gift (according to etiquette), but he wants it back. Andy asked who her ideal guy would be and she said Mary's husband Rich from Real Housewives of DC.

luvmyteddy12887956868182 PostsRegistered 9/4/2010Land of Oz

I have to switch back and forth between shows, hate that. It seems this year all my shows are on at the same time. Poor little skinny, ugly gay guy who wanted a 10. His best hope was a 1. He should be so lucky. The guy's guy, who was ready to settle down, not. I can't believe Patty is so harsh when interviewing, I think that is a little over the top even if I agree with her. How would you like to see yourself on the show later and be cut down so bad. Didn't know she was broken up either with Andy.

I am glad they moved HOA to Sundays since Mad Men is off now and I have nothing to watch then.

LipstickDi­va1288801921.02336894 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I used to watch this show but gave up this year. Patti gets meaner and meaner. I can't imagine being counseled for dates by someone who dresses like she does and looks like she used to be a man. FYI supposedly she lost 20 pounds using Sensa. She does a spot for the product on Shop NBC.

That aside, someone last year on the board posted that it was revealed that this show is for reality tv and that these clients are accepted into the club for filming purposes only and aren't really anyone Patti would allow in. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Free2be1288802540.410346 PostsRegistered 6/7/2006

I've been watching, hoping to see two people really find companionship but I wonder about the sincerity of most of those who are brought in like so many cattle.

The last show she did from LA, the overweight guy who farted in the presence of his date and seemed naturally slovenly was the worst I've seen, so far. He deserves someone just like himself.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. – Stephen Roberts

clemintine1288803682.77318188 PostsRegistered 11/5/2007C.C.

I caught it a few times in reruns.....

a tad trashy for my taste.....

saw her interviewed somewhere and yup, she's a tad trashy!!!!

claudia__a­nne1288803844.80312395 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010

I used to watch this show but Patti and her chauvinism lost me. I couldn't stand her after a while and still can not.

She's not much to look at either.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

speedyindi­sguise1288804640.3038733 PostsRegistered 3/30/2009Atlanta, GA
On 11/3/2010 Queen of Posts said:

I used to watch this show but gave up this year. Patti gets meaner and meaner. I can't imagine being counseled for dates by someone who dresses like she does and looks like she used to be a man. FYI supposedly she lost 20 pounds using Sensa. She does a spot for the product on Shop NBC.

That aside, someone last year on the board posted that it was revealed that this show is for reality tv and that these clients are accepted into the club for filming purposes only and aren't really anyone Patti would allow in. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

Hi Queen! Funny you should mention in your last paragraph as to whether or not she'd accept the clients we see on TV into the club. I noticed a statement on the screen at the end of last night's episode that basically said the people are recruited for the show and given membership 'gratis'. So yes, it seems they recruit the milliionaires just for TV purposes (what would make good raunchy TV a la Jersey Shore).

IMO she's even harsher (if that's possible) this year. I think they've edited in her saying some of the particularly picky personal things during the recruiting sessions -- they show the face of whoever is being discussed and Patti saying something I don't think she said at that exact time in the presence of that person. Lots of editing. Bravo has obviously encouraged her to let her crabby/mean flag fly.

gojo1288812872.1433307 PostsRegistered 4/25/2006

I wish I could remember what Chelsea looked like. I guess I'll have to try to watch a repeat some time.

I did see where Bethanny was going to be on skating - totally forgot about Jill and her skating...

I haven't heard anything on Kelsey/Camille - just that they were divorcing. What did Kelsey do to her? She was mighty flirtatious on the last episode...love that show...

robomo1288813429.429312 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

I think Patty is a first class bit** who needs to look in the mirror when she's telling a young girl to fix her makeup and hair and clothing. Honestly! And that loser couple she has in her office? Please.

I just cannot take this show - a bunch of needy guys with money that no wonder they can't find a date. And the girls are gold diggers. How does this ever work?

I know, I know - a lot of people like it or it wouldn't still be on. I'm just not one of them.

I can't wait until Isaac's show starts, but couldn't they have found anyone other than Iman to co-host with him? Really??

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Last edited on 11/3/2010

winamac1288817306.4919053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana
On 11/3/2010 SpeedyG said:
On 11/3/2010 MissyW1 said:

Last edited on 11/3/2010

I wondered about that Chelsea thing, too! I initially thought it was the intern who Patty has been calling on the carpet, but her name is Andrea.

I did like seeing Patty on Andy's aftershow. I give her credit for saying it like it is -- she doesn't hold any punches and I appreciate that.

Did you hear her talk about Bethenny and Jill? She said she's Team Jill because it was Jill who invited Bethenny to join the REal Housewives of NYC cast, gave her food and a place to stay when she was broke, etc... I sort of understand that Bethenny should be appreciative for all Jill did to get her an entree into everything, but Bethenny is the one who has parlayed it into such a bonanza -- and in SPITE of Jill. Who knows?

I read on another thread that Bethenny is going to be on Skating with the Stars. Remember how Jill fancies herself a figure skater and did her routine on the ice on RHONYC? I'll bet she's burning over not being included. LOL!

LOL Speedy--I remember Jill talking about Bethenny's situation. I don't care for Bethenny at all. She has an extremely high and overinflated opinion of herself, and she thinks she is "all that and more"!Wink

winamac1288817410.92319053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana
On 11/3/2010 SpeedyG said:
On 11/3/2010 winamac said:

Hi Speedy!

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Hi Win!! I'm LOVING the Beverly Hills Housewives -- especially Camille who I initially undervalued. She's really something! I empathize with her because it really does seem that Kelsey did her WRONG!

LOL

Yep Speedy--not really a big fan of Camille's but I do think he BIGTIME "done" did her dawong!Wink

gojo1288818314.9873307 PostsRegistered 4/25/2006

Speedy/Winamac - what did he do?

GrannySher­ry1288822001.366720 PostsRegistered 1/26/2010Proud So. Cal. South Bay native now in WA state

I can tell you for a fact, it's CA law, if Patti and her ex became engaged while legal residents of the state of California, by law she must return the ring to him. It's not hers to sell.

It's considered part of a contract, contingent upon a marriage taking place.

I've seen these cases for years on Judge Judy and People's Court. Many states have this same law.

Page 1 of 2