Give Gorgeous
146 Members and 13181 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Customer Service and QVC

Started 1286326488.773 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1297476536.977 by qvcaddition

Sunday afternoon I called CS with something I felt was very important. She and I talked at great length about what I thought needed to be handled. She said she totally understood and would forward the info on to management.

Today (Tues.) I had a telephone call from QVC. They asked me to please explain the I situation, I did, and we discussed it for a short time. She is going to do more inquiry regarding what I called about.

I was really surprised that they called me, and I thanked her. Told her I felt that it was important for them to listen to the customers, and she agreed.

Just thought you might like to know there are some very considerate people at QVC.

Formerly Fluffy329........

Proud to be from the St. Louis area and LOVE THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!
Go Cardinals

Happy Shopping and Don't Spend All Your Money in One Place!!!!!

Page 1 of 2
Mox ie1286331435.6375221 PostsRegistered 7/16/2010

Which is not the norm for most customer service problems.

When someone tells you that you have changed, it simply means you have stopped living your life their way.

imaclothes­hog1286332801.79322085 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

That is nice to know but I had a major issue with an expensive product several years ago with Q and talked to CS and had the opposite experience, really rude CS rep and got no help. I know sometimes they do a good job but I did not get that help.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

beach music1286332932.93729065 PostsRegistered 4/16/2007

i've never had a problem with customer service at the Q

"don't get so tolerant that you tolerate intolerance." bill maher

jetts_mom1286333503.5872650 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010

I've usually had a very good response from CS at the Q. There's been a few times when they couldn't do anything about the situation, but were still very nice, considerate, and seemed like they really felt bad they couldn't do more. I will say though, the last call I made, the rep wasn't very friendly. She sounded quite crabby and irritated with me. While she did rectify the issue, it wasn't without making me feel kind of lowly. That was the first time I have encountered being handled as such, and hope it was just a fluke.

You were born an original - don't die a copy.

ShowMe1286334048.9444528 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 10/5/2010 Amphitrite said:

That is nice to know but I had a major issue with an expensive product several years ago with Q and talked to CS and had the opposite experience, really rude CS rep and got no help. I know sometimes they do a good job but I did not get that help.

My situation ended up be a little over $1,000. And I just couldn't let go of that. I have had my items over 2 mos. now. Have had some problems, and felt someone ought to know about it. Hope this total resolves it.

Go Cardinals

Lakk1286334725.8375125 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006

I've heard a lot of people with not as good experiences with CS, mine have all been positive for the 8 years I've been ordering from QVC. They've been overly polite and helpful to me. I'm glad you posted this, seems like all we hear are the negatives.

Last edited on 10/5/2010

Last edited on 10/5/2010

ShowMe1286393250.0444528 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 10/5/2010 Lakk said:

I've heard a lot of people with not as good experiences with CS, mine have all been positive for the 8 years I've been ordering from QVC. They've been overly polite and helpful to me. I'm glad you posted this, seems like all we hear are the negatives.

Last edited on 10/5/2010

Thank you. I have basically been happy with most things from the Q. But, this surprised me. A call from the Q.

You are correct, there are more and more negatives every day. Maybe if we smiled a little more, people would be more positive.

Yes, sometimes it's little fun to be nasty (not really nasty--you know what I mean), but people can get carried away with it. Like the "Quacker" lady. It seems that once the negativity gets started, it just won't stop......until it's poofed. Then there are some who bring it up again.....trying to do it in a different way.

That's all I am saying on that.

Go Cardinals

ElmoOtis1289700987.9277 PostsRegistered 10/31/2004

I have been working with customer service for days through email. I have explained over and over the same story and each time it is with a different person. I sent back a watch for replacement or repair and they seem to have lost it. I asked for them to return it to me and they are telling me that unless I show proof that it came from them there is nothing they can do. I do have postal confirmation that it was rec'd by them! They claim that they can not find it without the paperwork when ordered. I was a gift from my daughter and she is oversea fighting for the country and I will not bother her with this on the few mins. a week that we can email....I keep telling them to send back the broken watch and they tell me to give them info..I am sure it is lost...I feel that they need to do better then this. I just canceled all my orders from them and I can no longer do business with a company that I feel has stolen from me.

banjo1289701321.4935197 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska
On 10/5/2010 beach music said:

i've never had a problem with customer service at the Q

Me neither. CS has always been helpful and polite. Ithink QVC has the best customer service reps!

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

bazzy1289701513.9071530 PostsRegistered 11/1/2007
On 11/13/2010 shoes6952 said:

I have been working with customer service for days through email. I have explained over and over the same story and each time it is with a different person. I sent back a watch for replacement or repair and they seem to have lost it. I asked for them to return it to me and they are telling me that unless I show proof that it came from them there is nothing they can do. I do have postal confirmation that it was rec'd by them! They claim that they can not find it without the paperwork when ordered. I was a gift from my daughter and she is oversea fighting for the country and I will not bother her with this on the few mins. a week that we can email....I keep telling them to send back the broken watch and they tell me to give them info..I am sure it is lost...I feel that they need to do better then this. I just canceled all my orders from them and I can no longer do business with a company that I feel has stolen from me.

They should be able to find the order from your postal info. which would include the order # of the item. If you sent no paperwork with the order then I can understand the dilemma, they have huge warehouses and when they check in an item how would they know how to log it in w/o identifying info.? No Acct. #?

Nevertheless, If I was in your situation, I would escalate to mgt. so that they would do a search for the item under your daughter's name. Good luck.

mwild361289702563.345517 PostsRegistered 11/20/2006

I'm happy you had a good experience. Mine's been hit or miss. Just this past week, it's been a miss. I had purchased some sheets and about 1.5 weeks later, they were a hotpick and less money. I sent an email in and asked if I could receive the difference. I got an email back from some loopy person from St. Lucia? That's what it said at least. Anyway, the person almost came across as though they were drinking or something as I could hardly make sense of what they were writing. Trying to understand it, I think they were saying no. I wrote back and asked for clarification - and I was annoyed. Anyway, someone else responded and said that the price was the same price it was when I ordered it and they couldn't honor the difference. I then wrote back that of course it's the same price now, several days later, but it wasn't when I originally wrote (it was a hotpick). They wrote back and said that I got free shipping then and so they wouldn't honor the price as they could no longer do so.

Good grief.

It was annoying, but not so much that I'll quit shopping here. I've also had some good service - mainly over the phone - but that's not always good either. It would be nice if the service was consistent, but we're all human I guess.

jewel31289703346.181784 PostsRegistered 6/11/2006West Coast

I've had good experiences w/QVC CS on most every occasion. If I don't get the answer I feel is right, I hang up, call again and talk to a different person. That and being very very nice usually works.

We'll never have significance in this life if it's all about us.

circles1289704191.86717555 PostsRegistered 5/11/2005N.J.
On 11/13/2010 mwild36 said:

I'm happy you had a good experience. Mine's been hit or miss. Just this past week, it's been a miss. I had purchased some sheets and about 1.5 weeks later, they were a hotpick and less money. I sent an email in and asked if I could receive the difference. I got an email back from some loopy person from St. Lucia? That's what it said at least. Anyway, the person almost came across as though they were drinking or something as I could hardly make sense of what they were writing. Trying to understand it, I think they were saying no. I wrote back and asked for clarification - and I was annoyed. Anyway, someone else responded and said that the price was the same price it was when I ordered it and they couldn't honor the difference. I then wrote back that of course it's the same price now, several days later, but it wasn't when I originally wrote (it was a hotpick). They wrote back and said that I got free shipping then and so they wouldn't honor the price as they could no longer do so.

Good grief.

It was annoying, but not so much that I'll quit shopping here. I've also had some good service - mainly over the phone - but that's not always good either. It would be nice if the service was consistent, but we're all human I guess.

I don't understand why you didn't pick up the phone and call that day...Why all the back and forth e-mails....your problem would have been solved right away...

Hildegarde­ Withers1289704437.88323379 PostsRegistered 7/3/2008

I don't buy too much from QVC (or HSN), but when I did have to return something or had questions, customer service was fine. No problems.

september1289704621.09317500 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007

I've had good experiences with CS here lately, which helps to compensate for the defective items I've received----3 in a row! But everything got resolved,and they paid for return shipping,and I was credited completely.

clemintine1289706699.90318249 PostsRegistered 11/5/2007C.C.

You need to TALK to a supervisor. This CAN be straightened out, but not on email.

ladyroxanne1289708204.20711005 PostsRegistered 3/25/2008northern ca

any dealings I have had with customer service have been very pleasant and to my benefit. I enjoy dealing with them. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.{#emotions_dlg.huh}

mwild361289711611.1175517 PostsRegistered 11/20/2006
On 11/13/2010 circles said:
On 11/13/2010 mwild36 said:

Good grief.

I don't understand why you didn't pick up the phone and call that day...Why all the back and forth e-mails....your problem would have been solved right away...

Because email is an option for customer service. If it wasn't, then why offer email?

Issiestorm1289752916.3932762 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010

Several years ago QVC had a gold show from Florence and there was a gold coin ring in the promo ads, but no item number. I called Product Finder (don't know if that's still around) and asked if I could get the item number for said ring. The girl who answered said that if there was no item number featured in the promo there was no way she could get it. i said I thought you people were product finders and she said 'yes, we're product finders, not miracle workers.' I was annoyed enough to call back and complain to a supervisor. They not only gave me the item number but a $10 credit to make up for the woman's rudeness.

nanq1297441483.811 PostsRegistered 2/11/2011

I have always been a huge fan of qvc's customer service but things have changed. Repeated attempts to correct an error or get any satisfaction regarding a remedy have failed. I am so disappointed at the change which I've notice in the very recent past and this is just about the last straw. What is going on...perhaps they have outsourced their cs to a new company? If so HUGE Mistake..no longer feel that the excellent service and response of the past is any longer the norm. I'll think twice before doing anything online and will see if phone orders are different. As I said I've always been very pleased...better said I had been...: QVC this isn't you! :(

Deb7771297442646.4976929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005

why dont you call them on the phone , instead of emailing them?

Ive always had great customer service from the q...

Deb

:)

qvcaddition1297445180.995653 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

They are polite, but not always helpful. They do say "I'm sorry" a lot. I always tell them, please it is not your fault, so I'm sorry, not necessary, but I would like the problem resolved. They say they are e mailing the source, but I never get a reply. I get a generic reply when I e mail, then I e mail again and tell them to please read my e mail about the problem, and do not send me a generic e mail, because I can tell you haven't read it.

MaggieToo1297445753.8078370 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004AZ

I don't have any problem with CS. What I do have is a problem with inconsistent sizing. The host keeps saying over and over again that once you know your size you just should keep ordering that size.

But, even in the "click here" section, the sizes are not the same every time. I always check the "click here" sizing and even then the item sometimes doesn't fit.

I have all but given up on clothes, sheets, and food.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

kamisga1297445930.23683 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Orange County, Ca.

I've never had any problems with CS but the few times I did need help I called them. Every issue solved, keeps me a loyal customer for over 20 years.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love,and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

ShowMe1297453133.4844528 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri

Was very surprised to see that my original thread from 10/5/10 was brought up today, over 4 months later.

It was kind of neat to go back and read all the posts. Some QVC customers very satisfied and some really unhappy.

I do not return a lot of things. Am usually happy with my purchases. But when I am unhappy, I always CALL Customer Service......never deal via e-mail on something like this. You get the best and quickest resolution with talking directly with CS. Remember, do not sound angry when you call. Be pleasant....it will get you further with them. Can you imagine with the volume of calls they receive in a day, just one more angry caller. That probably won't make for a happy resolution. And most of the time I do not have to pay for the return....get full credit. When I ship the item/s back to them, I always call them back and tell them how much it cost to ship it, and I get that amount back.

Good luck with Customer Service.

Go Cardinals

Page 1 of 2