Guaranteed Delivery
105 Members and 17914 Guests Online

Vicenza Style

Please clarify Bronzo Italia!

Started 1340059669.163 in Vicenza Style | Last reply 1349998349.697 by Sakuya

When Lisa Robertson presented the Bronzo Italia line, she emphasized that each piece was rose-colored "from start to finish" because of the alloy that was used to make each piece. However, later presentations (with David Markstein, QVC's Gold Buyer) included the word "plating" in describing the rose color. I really hope the rose color in all the Bronzo Italia pieces isn't coming from a layer of plating, which can wear off over time!

Some other jewelry lines (such as Honora) consistently describe their rose-colored pieces as "plated". Unfortunately, different presenters are providing different information about Bronzo Italia, which is why I'm confused. I really hope the Bronzo Italia line is rose bronze through and through. Please clarify...thanks!

Page 1 of 1
onlineshopr1340136670.6373714 PostsRegistered 6/12/2005

I have been confused about this line also. Just FYI--Some time around 6/12 to 6/14, The following information was added under the description of each Bronzo item:

"Bronzo Italia™ jewelry is a timeless Italian collection that exudes a warm, rich luster. Its rose color derives from the use of a bronze alloy. These refined pieces are also electroplated to preserve the quality of the metal and provide a tarnish-resistant coating.

Bronze has been the chosen metal of artists for centuries, and now it's a cutting-edge material for jewelry artisans as well. The alloy used in Bronzo Italia is free of nickel, so if you're sensitive to these substances, this jewelry will be kind to your skin.

Information provided by Milor."

Since the items are now described as plated, I am not really interested. I think I would rather deal with polishing/tarnishing than deal with plating wearing off unevenly. Just my opinion.

Last edited on 6/19/2012

Last edited on 6/19/2012

eternalmag­pie1340143997.4876 PostsRegistered 5/5/2012

thanks for the information! I think I'll pass on it too now that it states the plating. too bad since I love rose gold color

SunValley1340144959.467106 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008
On 6/19/2012 onlineshopr said:

I have been confused about this line also. Just FYI--Some time around 6/12 to 6/14, The following information was added under the description of each Bronzo item:

"Bronzo Italia™ jewelry is a timeless Italian collection that exudes a warm, rich luster. Its rose color derives from the use of a bronze alloy. These refined pieces are also electroplated to preserve the quality of the metal and provide a tarnish-resistant coating.

Bronze has been the chosen metal of artists for centuries, and now it's a cutting-edge material for jewelry artisans as well. The alloy used in Bronzo Italia is free of nickel, so if you're sensitive to these substances, this jewelry will be kind to your skin.

Information provided by Milor."

I may be mistaken, but I think the rose color is due to the alloy used and it is also plated to keep it from tarnishing. If you reread the description above, they use the word "also" to describe the plating. The advantage of this line is that the color does not wear off because the rose alloy is mixed with the bronze; it is not just an overlay, and the plating prevents the tarnish (like with Brighton). Just my interpretation.

Careful1340152650.07313 PostsRegistered 11/18/2011
On 6/19/2012 luckyvr said:

<em>"Bronzo Italia</em>™ jewelry is a timeless Italian collection that exudes a warm, rich luster. Its rose color derives from the use of a bronze alloy. These refined pieces are also electroplated to preserve the quality of the metal and provide a tarnish-resistant coating.

<p style="color: #3c3c3c; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left;"> Bronze has been the chosen metal of artists for centuries, and now it's a cutting-edge material for jewelry artisans as well. The alloy used in <em>Bronzo Italia</em> is free of nickel, so if you're sensitive to these substances, this jewelry will be kind to your skin.

<em>Information provided by Milor."</em>

I may be mistaken, but I think the rose color is due to the alloy used and it is also plated to keep it from tarnishing. If you reread the description above, they use the word "also" to describe the plating. The advantage of this line is that the color does not wear off because the rose alloy is mixed with the bronze; it is not just an overlay, and the plating prevents the tarnish (like with Brighton). Just my interpretation.

Thanks for pointing out this information that was recently added by QVC, onlineshopr! And I hope your interpretation of this information is correct, luckyvr! Otherwise, these pieces may end up looking less than beautiful after some wear.

onlineshopr1340158954.353714 PostsRegistered 6/12/2005
On 6/19/2012 Careful said:

<em>"Bronzo Italia</em>™ jewelry is a timeless Italian collection that exudes a warm, rich luster. Its rose color derives from the use of a bronze alloy. These refined pieces are also electroplated to preserve the quality of the metal and provide a tarnish-resistant coating.

<p style="color: #3c3c3c; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left;"> Bronze has been the chosen metal of artists for centuries, and now it's a cutting-edge material for jewelry artisans as well. The alloy used in <em>Bronzo Italia</em> is free of nickel, so if you're sensitive to these substances, this jewelry will be kind to your skin.

<em>Information provided by Milor."</em>

Thanks for pointing out this information that was recently added by QVC, onlineshopr! And I hope your interpretation of this information is correct, luckyvr! Otherwise, these pieces may end up looking less than beautiful after some wear.

Happy to help! gardensla's post (link below) brought it to my attention. The item descriptions changed from initially having BronzAllure info, to having no info, to having the current info above. I do wish Q would provide more specifics but am really not surprised that they haven't. I like rose colored jewelry but will wait for reviews from people who have owned the jewelry for a while before trying this line.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/Jewelry-Talk/topic/298854/PostID/5916815/re-bronzo-italia-electroplated.aspx#5916815

onlineshopr1340159275.1773714 PostsRegistered 6/12/2005

That is the way I also interpret the info.

doglover31346830162.729970 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I got my Bronzo earrings last week and have been wearing them for almost a full week now. I love them. They are the large dangle textured circles that Lisa wore during the show from Italy. They are quite long, more than I thought but love them. They are very light weight, not heavy and don't pull my ear down. They sparkle like all get out and the movement is something else.

I have sensitive ears and so far these don't bother me at all. Did I say I LOVE them?

J271074 and were $109.86. This may be an old number since it was an advance sale, ordered June 1 and were shipped August 23 but took a bit to get here for some reason, never use to take this long.

edited to add, my earrings don't look like rose gold at all, look exactly like 14 or 18K gold and are beautiful. I wore them for a week now and get a lot of compliments on them because of the sparkle and all the movement and boy is there movement.

Last edited on 9/5/2012

Last edited on 9/5/2012

Grangie1346921100.44631 PostsRegistered 10/20/2006
On 9/5/2012 doglover3 said:

I got my Bronzo earrings last week and have been wearing them for almost a full week now. I love them. They are the large dangle textured circles that Lisa wore during the show from Italy. They are quite long, more than I thought but love them. They are very light weight, not heavy and don't pull my ear down. They sparkle like all get out and the movement is something else.

I have sensitive ears and so far these don't bother me at all. Did I say I LOVE them?

J271074 and were $109.86. This may be an old number since it was an advance sale, ordered June 1 and were shipped August 23 but took a bit to get here for some reason, never use to take this long.

edited to add, my earrings don't look like rose gold at all, look exactly like 14 or 18K gold and are beautiful. I wore them for a week now and get a lot of compliments on them because of the sparkle and all the movement and boy is there movement.

Last edited on 9/5/2012
. Hi Dglvr- just had to post to let you know the reason your earrings don't look like rose gold is because you didn't buy the Bronzo Italia line at all! You bought a Vicenza line earring with a 14 kt. yellow gold plating! I can see where it may have been confusing because although that was a Vicenza jewelry show from Italy they showed a lot of Bronzo Italia! I also bought this same earring in sterling and that's what yours is only plated in 14kt. yellow gold. They also offered them in the rose gold plating! They are beautiful earrings and I love mine as well. I also ordered some peices from the Bronzo Italia line on that same show and have already received a watch and earrings. They are equally as beautiful and I love them! They are still selling the earrings that I'm talking about that we both bought under the same item number if you want to check to see exactly have you have. Just thought you might want to know. It was kinda confusing though with all the Bronzo being sold that day and being that it was 2 months ago! Enjoy your earrings! I am enjoying mine!

doglover31347085221.6479970 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

thank you for clarifying that for me, wondered why everyone was talking about the line looking like rose gold and my earring are a nice gold color. Yes, was from that same Vicenza show so just thought they were the Bronzo line. I would have loved the silver but unfortunately I can't wear silver anything but boy, talk about sparkle huh. Glad you love yours as much as I do and compliments galore on them. Every one asks where I got them, can't take your eyes off them. thanks for the info

lemon meri­ngue1347089901.997346 PostsRegistered 11/3/2011Lemon Salon

Are the Vicenza Silver earrings nickle free? It doesn't say so I assume it's not?

Life is delicious.

slakebabe1349986933.584 PostsRegistered 9/9/2012

I know Bronzo Italia jewelry is made of bronze, and have seen the hosts show a cross-section view which shows that they are bronze inside and out. But what I want to know, is can you go in a chlorinated swimming pool with these, or will it ruin the tarnish resistant coating on them, or the rose color? Does anyone know anything about this? I received necklace J272752 today, and put it on right away! I love it! Simple enough, but shows up nicely on the neck. Nice in the summer at the pool!

Sakuya1349998349.6571885 PostsRegistered 2/15/2011

I would stay out of chlorine with it. I would also make sure lotion and perfumes, etc. didn't come in contact with it either.

Page 1 of 1