Weekend Preview
179 Members and 11137 Guests Online

Temp-tations

Problem with TempTations.............

Started 1318890655.873 in Temp-tations | Last reply 1321008275.467 by gidgetsmom

Mine chip, some heat OK in the microwave while others overheat where the glass becomes so hot after 30 seconds that you cannot handle the object. I would like to know if this is an isolated thing or if others experience it as well.

~ Magic has always existed. It's this world that isn't real.~

Page 1 of 1
Zoologist1318906838.826013 PostsRegistered 9/3/2010

Never use mine for food, just home decor pieces because of the lead paint issue.

You might phone CS at the Q.......perhaps they'll let you return the items even if it's after 30 days.

Good luck!

Sea Turtle1318907390.0438729 PostsRegistered 3/29/2009

I love mine but they do tend to chip.

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-RW Emerson

Sea Turtle13189073928729 PostsRegistered 3/29/2009

double post.

Last edited on 10/17/2011

Last edited on 10/17/2011

-RW Emerson

~ Tiger L­ily ~1318908998.3373173 PostsRegistered 7/23/2011The edge of tomorrow

Zoologist, it's been too long, the microwave issue makes me wonder about the lead, like Sea Turtle said.

~ Magic has always existed. It's this world that isn't real.~

donasmom1318973045.1873033 PostsRegistered 4/21/2006

Just started using Temptations and the first item I bought (sandwich tray with soup ramikan), chipped the first time I used it. I tend to be careless with my dishes, so perhaps it was me. I also bought the recent TSV, used it for Mexican lasagna, and it turned out well. As for uneven heating, no problems yet.

Formally vicosmom

RedConvert­ibleGirl1318973397.414336 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I use this set more than I can tell you. Almost as much, and some weeks, more than my regular dishes. No problems at all, it hasn't chipped. Now my good Lenox dishes have. My SO think it's from the knives that hit them in the dishwasher.

I have a meatloaf set from several years ago that has never chipped and heats perfectly. That's one set they should bring back, it's really great.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

gkelly57441318976389.4372658 PostsRegistered 4/22/2010
On 10/17/2011 ~ Tiger Lily ~ said:

Mine chip, some heat OK in the microwave while others overheat where the glass becomes so hot after 30 seconds that you cannot handle the object. I would like to know if this is an isolated thing or if others experience it as well.

Tiger Lily, I have never had any problems with Temp-tations but then I have never use them in the microwave either. I have many different size sets. I am not sure what you mean about "the glass becomes so hot after 30 seconds" statement?? I have never seen glass on any Temp-tation dish?? Did I miss aomething??

RedConvert­ibleGirl1318976743.13714336 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I wonder if she meant "glaze".

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

happy hous­ewife1318978935.91332025 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

I use mine almost every day and they still are not cracked or chipped. And I throw them in the dishwasher.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

Robin18691318979229.1771221 PostsRegistered 12/30/2004

I had one crack. it was my favorite pan. used it all the time. I have lots of temptations

skipnpeanut1319067588.587201 PostsRegistered 3/5/2009

I use mine a lot and have never had any problems. Love it.

tnomrev1319068370.42756 PostsRegistered 3/30/2011

I had a piece that cracked after the first time I used it.Had to throw it away..I will not be purchasing anymore Temptaions

Minty3171319072745.83178 PostsRegistered 9/7/2011Buffalo, NY

Just wanted to add that maybe if you have something chip or is defective, call Q and if they won't replace call Temp-tations directly. They were AMAZING! I told the lady that one of my lid-its didn't fit and the paint was smudged (not really even that bad of a problem). She took my name and address, and said ok we'll ship a new one out to you straight away. NO questions asked! And I didn't pay for the shipping nor did I even have to send back the original. They are very very good. Worth a shot, they seem so much more flexible than Q...

And btw, I also wanted to mention that I see so many reviews on stoneware that people don't like or there is something wrong with it and they keep it JUST bc they don't want to pay return shipping. You can call QVC, and tell them you would like a credit for using the Q label. If it's not your fault, don't keep it! Heck, last time I just emailed. They have never said no to me for crediting shipping. I'm impressed with that too...

Just hate to see so many think they are "stuck" with something when they are really not. Also, call and ask even if it is over thirty days bc they have still said yes to me for that too.

I really do like my TT, but sometimes you do get a bad one but TT themselves seem to always fix it. :)

mschrief1319123997.393934 PostsRegistered 10/3/2008Tacoma, WA

Never had a problem, no cracking, chipping or breaking. But I take care of my items, typically wash them by hand, so no clanking around in the dishwasher.

bluehorizo­ngal1319156714.0879 PostsRegistered 11/27/2008

Note please. If you receive a set of temptations and any of the pieces are defective by color or condition etc you call QVC and tell them and then they will ask you to mark the return slip ad "product defective" send it back and they adjust your account so that if you use the prepaid label to return the item you do NOT pay to ship it back. I have way more of this stoneware than is necessary and I love it. Yes, I have had to send a few things back but the vast majority of it cooks well and evenly, cleans easily and knock on wood has not chipped at all. I think with the hundreds of thousands of pieces out there---there are bound to be some problems with quality but I think that Tara and QVC really do try to please the consumers. I have to agree that comparisons with different brands is not necessary as there is room for everyone out there in consumerland. They do need to continue to address the quality angle of this cook/bakeware. I still would not give up if you had a bad experience---the items are everything they say they are for the most part and the exceptions are minor.

kittykatkay1319157548.26723127 PostsRegistered 2/24/2011

TIGER.....I LOVE MY TEMPTATIONS. I (knock on wood) have never had any problems with chipping. I only use mine in the oven and refrigerator though and for serving. I do not put in the microwave. I have several sets that I have collected over the years. For spring/summer, I use the vineyard (grape) set in multicolor and also have the "summer seashells". Then in the fall time, I have a set of their "pumpkins" and "harvest" sets they offered years ago. In the wintertime, I use the "snowflake"pattern in blue - again got years ago. Also use French Provence pattern (only 2 pieces to this) I use year round - again, years ago. I do NOT like "Old World or Polka Dot". I wish she would bring back the Christmas and Fall patterns as well as the "seashell" ones.

I love to laugh and dance......

RedConvert­ibleGirl1319157735.99314336 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

How many threads do we really need about how "awful" the stuff is? Seriously. There are enough threads out there, just join in on one of the others.

Sea Turtle1319167831.9678729 PostsRegistered 3/29/2009

Zoologist, it's been too long, the microwave issue makes me wonder about the lead, like Sea Turtle said. (????)

????
The only problem that I ever had was a couple of the bowls chipping in the dishwasher. Not sure about any microwave and lead problems.

eta: I collect the Old World Pattern and love it.

Last edited on 10/20/2011

Last edited on 10/20/2011

-RW Emerson

happy hous­ewife1319657939.2932025 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007
On 10/19/2011 tnomrev said:

I had a piece that cracked after the first time I used it.Had to throw it away..I will not be purchasing anymore Temptaions

Why would anyone with any common sense at all throw away an item that is defectrive when QVC will replace or refund - your choice. Sorry - don't believe a word of it.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

debc1319817861.6272744 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009

Zoologist, it's been too long, the microwave issue makes me wonder about the lead, like Sea Turtle said.

Any stoneware type of bowls get hotter in the microwave than glass. I think some even advertise they stay hotter longer. I had some pfaltzgraff that was horrible. I have a pie pan that's bad too. I don't tend to put them in the microwave much, but I do know what to expect.

Cheese with that whine?

hippiegirl1320345881.71582 PostsRegistered 9/29/2009Seattle/Kirkland

The only problem I have with temp-tations is deciding which items to purchase, figuring out how to reconfigure things/storage so I can purchase more items, who I'm going to purchase temp-tations for, and waiting for new things on the horizon.

LOVE MY TEMP-TATIONS!!!!

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."
Anne Frank

gidgetsmom1321008275.46711 PostsRegistered 11/11/2011

I use my Temptations dinnerware bowls in the microwave all the time for heating up smaller portions and Yes they do get hot but I just use a potholder to get them out and put them on one of the saucers until they cool down enough to handle them.....it's much easier eating out of them than melted plastic bowls and they stay warmer longer.

Page 1 of 1