Better Than Black Friday
116 Members and 11696 Guests Online

Susan Graver

No Hips No Butt, only a stomach, I need pants....... please

Started 1304048306.977 in Susan Graver | Last reply 1304385165.253 by coffeeaddict77

Hi Susan, Your items are wonderful. I have a few items and a few pieces of jewelry also. I love your clothes, I just can't find pants anywhere. I am 5'3" and very much an apple shape. If I find pants to fit me in the waist ( my big problem ) then I could put the wonderful Dennis Basso in the butt hips and thights with me....... LOl It makes me want to cry. I have nice leggs, no hips no butt. I realize my shape is very out of proportion, but I am sure I'm not alone with apple shape big stomach no butt. I can just look at pants and know they won't fit. And forget sippers.... Ha-ha I need a loose fuller waist and slim in the butt hips and thights. More like maternity pants.... Oh my goodness did I say that? LOL Please help I'm sure there are many along with me who would be in your debt.

Thank you

Athena

cuervogirl@wi.rr.com

Page 1 of 1
kilkenny101304048386.48804 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

i feel your pain!

betteb1304048741.26716815 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz

Hi Athena and welcome to the boards :)

Have you ever tried Diane Gilman jeans from HSN? I know you said pants and I think she does a couple of things that are not denim but her fit is designed for your body type (and mine) If you are looking for jeans I highly recomend. I absolutely love her jeans.

"God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes. 'Cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues" Everlast

allaries1304048901.491986 PostsRegistered 10/29/2007

I buy denim and co original waist. I can go smaller with the elastic waist because of no bu^t and no hips. I can also wear the Style & co from macys. The tummy control ones. They fit great. Either boot cut or straight leg. One day someone asked me if I had ever tried Macy's charter club. I had not but now do. They also fit great. Most pants are too big in the thighs but not these. That is why I go a size smaller in the D&C. Don't want hammer pants.

Gooday1304052533.74710605 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008
On 4/28/2011 allaries said:

I buy denim and co original waist. I can go smaller with the elastic waist because of no bu^t and no hips. I can also wear the Style & co from macys. The tummy control ones. They fit great. Either boot cut or straight leg. One day someone asked me if I had ever tried Macy's charter club. I had not but now do. They also fit great. Most pants are too big in the thighs but not these. That is why I go a size smaller in the D&C. Don't want hammer pants.

ITA

Raider Fan1304146685.634471 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009SF Bay Area

Hi! I am an apple shape also but with big shoulders so I don't know about which category in am in. The d&c original waist pants will fit you great. Also I can tell you that the Women Without Control pants will fit you perfectly. There are things out there for you. When you see an item, online look at the bottom of the product description and you will see a "click here" option. This is what I buy my stuff from the Q, the Click Here. It has all of the measurments you may want to look at and then go forward from there. A lot of us fought long and hard to get that "click here" and I never take it for granted.

Common sense is not so common. **Voltaire**

UpTooEarly1304157547.63853 PostsRegistered 1/18/2011

Motto have a larger cut than Denim & Co. in the waist, tummy area and are quite slim in the thigh. At least that is my experience. A lot of B&M stores cut this way too, like NY&Co. and Express. To a lesser but significant extent the "mature stores" like Coldwater and Talbots. But I have found Denim&Co. to be jsut the opposite of what you need, smaller at the waist and tummy, and more generous below that. Then again, I have only ordered jeans from them, never their elastic waists. Also, have you tried juniors? they are often very straight cut....no waist or hips or butt, and very slim in the legs. Look around....no, you do not have a unique figure type! I used to be a seamstress and I notice figures. There are very, very few true hourglass figures out there and those people are really lucky.....they look so feminine at any size. People tend to be apples or potatoes or straight - like me. Some people are pears or wedges. But most are bigger in the middle. Good luck. Pants are tough.

lovestotea­ch1304159693.5815284 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx
On 4/30/2011 Raider Fan said:

Hi! I am an apple shape also but with big shoulders so I don't know about which category in am in. The d&c original waist pants will fit you great. Also I can tell you that the Women Without Control pants will fit you perfectly. There are things out there for you. When you see an item, online look at the bottom of the product description and you will see a "click here" option. This is what I buy my stuff from the Q, the Click Here. It has all of the measurments you may want to look at and then go forward from there. A lot of us fought long and hard to get that "click here" and I never take it for granted.

Raider Fan: do you even KNOW how grateful I am to you and your others for the "click here" option? Thank you, thank you -- it has helped me make much better decisions!

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

coffeeaddi­ct771304182621.721360 PostsRegistered 8/30/2006my happy place

I am your shape and I just purchased the Susan Graver size zip sateen capris in white. LOVE them. I am an 8/10 and got the M because of the waist issue. I could have gotten the S and been ok.

I am going to be going back for the black.

Raider Fan1304231574.274471 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009SF Bay Area

Coffeaddict, I didn't buy them for the same reasons. My hips demanded that I buy the small but looking at the waist size at Click Here, I absolutely knew that although they would fit fine in the hips, the waist would be too small. The M hip size was just too big and the waist size was still smallish for me. I ordered the black twice and canceled both times. When you receive them, could you write here at this site about how they fit? Thanks very much!

Common sense is not so common. **Voltaire**

mnmom1304281438.0671128 PostsRegistered 1/28/2005

OP, I share your "issues"! I requested something similar on Susan's blog. I have also found that side-zip pants usually fit my body better, IF they are cut more slender through the hips.

Wadzlla1304282587.911982 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

I am so happy to see this thread! I am 57, and somehow my a** & hips have migrated to my midsection! It is just ridiculous. I have broad shoulders, so I can disguise the midsection pretty easily. But this big belly and no hips is a "pants on the ground" nightmare waiting to happen.

thanks for the tips on designers to look for!

1mamaj1304283004.121579 PostsRegistered 10/24/2007Georgia

AthenaMarie, do you have a Belks near you? One of their store brands is Madison and that is made for us apples. Some of the Kim Rogers fit, but overall I know the Madison is going to fit everytime.For me, if I can get the pants big enough to go around my waist, I cannot stand how big the legs are. The Madison brand fits so comfortably and does not make me feel like I have on elephant legs.

Life is not about weathering the storm...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

coffeeaddi­ct771304385165.231360 PostsRegistered 8/30/2006my happy place
On 5/1/2011 Raider Fan said:

Coffeaddict, I didn't buy them for the same reasons. My hips demanded that I buy the small but looking at the waist size at Click Here, I absolutely knew that although they would fit fine in the hips, the waist would be too small. The M hip size was just too big and the waist size was still smallish for me. I ordered the black twice and canceled both times. When you receive them, could you write here at this site about how they fit? Thanks very much!

I actually have the white in the Medium and they are a fuller leg fit but they look great! I just ordered the black in the Small tonight. I can pull the M off and on without unzipping but I am ok with that because it is white and i didnt want them skin tight. I went for the smaller size in the black and will post a review on the Small once they arrive!

I wish they sold this style with the back slit in tan. I am a professional in my early 30s and it is difficult to find basics out in the store that I like These pants are dressy enough to wear to the office.

Page 1 of 1