Just-Reduced Clearance
145 Members and 14444 Guests Online

Suggestion Box

QVC Needs to put an Address Label to return on our own!

Started 1273961351.213 in Suggestion Box | Last reply 1274895019.19 by rietzel

I don't know about you but I will not pay the $6.95 return for a light package such as a jewelry item. 

I have asked Customer Service repeatedly, I have e-mailed Mary Beth Rowe about this and yet, they still only put their $6.95 return label on their receipt.  Home Shopping Network gives you both options.  A plain address label and also a postage paid label to return their merchandise. 

The other day I had to return a very small jewelry item, it cost me $2.45 to return it at the post office, with a delivery confirmation instead of buying the insurance.  Why would I want to pay $6.95 when I can only pay $2.45?  In these econonic times, why spend money foolishly when there are cheaper options.  

 

If you agree, please call and complain or write to them and let's get this option available on their receipts.  If we all make the request, they will have to listen.

 

Lenore from New Jersey

Thanks so much for helping in this request. 

  

Page 1 of 2
CalmInTheH­eart1273973217.436993 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

 

Q is not obligated to provide a return address label.   What's the big deal about writing out the address?    Sorry, this is sooooooooo low on my list of priorities.

I don't use their return labels either -- too expensive.

 

Last edited on 5/15/2010

Last edited on 5/15/2010

Peace

Norriesgir­ls1274015715.807278 PostsRegistered 11/13/2007Wayne, New Jersey
On 5/15/2010 PeaceMom said:

 

Q is not obligated to provide a return address label.   What's the big deal about writing out the address?    Sorry, this is sooooooooo low on my list of priorities.

I don't use their return labels either -- too expensive.

 

Last edited on 5/15/2010

 Because it would be GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, MY DEAR!  Plus each item goes to a different return outlet and you would not have to make another call for that particular return address!  

CalmInTheH­eart1274045498.2136993 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
On 5/16/2010 Norriesgirls said:
On 5/15/2010 PeaceMom said:

 

Q is not obligated to provide a return address label.   What's the big deal about writing out the address?    Sorry, this is sooooooooo low on my list of priorities.

I don't use their return labels either -- too expensive.

 

Last edited on 5/15/2010

 Because it would be GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, MY DEAR!  Plus each item goes to a different return outlet and you would not have to make another call for that particular return address!  

Then you can pay the increase in prices of merchandise, my dear.   And it's so easy to look up the return address online.   no big deal.   I'd rather keep costs down.

 

 

Last edited on 5/16/2010

Last edited on 5/16/2010

Peace

california­dreaming1274263662.66784 PostsRegistered 1/31/2008

QVC should supply two return labels.  One for a return whereby you chose to pay for the postage upfront, and two -the label with the $6.95 postage to be deducted from your

refund.  Otherwise, it looks as if the "Q" is looking to make a profit off the return postage paid by its' customers by only furnishing the $6.95 label.

 

dgwhsprr1274264866.7158 PostsRegistered 6/11/2007Sedona, AZ
On 5/19/2010 californiadreaming said:

QVC should supply two return labels.  One for a return whereby you chose to pay for the postage upfront, and two -the label with the $6.95 postage to be deducted from your

refund.  Otherwise, it looks as if the "Q" is looking to make a profit off the return postage paid by its' customers by only furnishing the $6.95 label.

 

 I agree with Californiadreaming only in that if you want to return an item conveniently by handing it to the UPS person or USPS person, that you pay for that convenience.  I don't mind paying for that since going to the UPS store or USPS is a pain in the tushy for me, and I know when I order something that if I don't like it, the price of my impulse is $6.95. 

**How many Border Collies does it take to change a lightbulb? ~~ Just one, and then she will replace any wiring that's not up to code!**

marygray1274265866.247973 PostsRegistered 5/8/2005

Hold on a second!  If I choose to not use their pre-paid labels, and prefer to return it on my own, then why should the Q provide the labels?  That's ridiculous. They provide

"a" label, but if you don't like it, do it yourself. You can get a package of mailing labels, about 100, for less than $ 3.00.

Gosh, does everybody expect a free handout for everything they do?

They don't look forward to returns, they expect to sell their merchandise permanently.  YOU  are the ones changing your minds, so you should pay to return it if you don't like their offer.

Pay for your own decisicions.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "

buddylou1274266065.884922 PostsRegistered 4/24/2007

Blunt but, well said Blackbeltshopper.   {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

CalmInTheH­eart1274276908.426993 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
On 5/19/2010 blackbeltshopper1 said:

Hold on a second!  If I choose to not use their pre-paid labels, and prefer to return it on my own, then why should the Q provide the labels?  That's ridiculous. They provide

"a" label, but if you don't like it, do it yourself. You can get a package of mailing labels, about 100, for less than $ 3.00.

Gosh, does everybody expect a free handout for everything they do?

They don't look forward to returns, they expect to sell their merchandise permanently.  YOU  are the ones changing your minds, so you should pay to return it if you don't like their offer.

Pay for your own decisicions.

 

ditto from me!

 

 

Peace

PinkyPetun­ia1274277109.0234510 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NJ

In a perfect world the Q would provide both labels, but until that day comes it is not hard for me to find the proper return address and write that on a label or envelope.  I only use their prepaid label if I'm returning a large heavy item like a coat or shoes.

TexasMom11274277289.433364 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007

I always figure the return postage covers the insurance as well as handling costs incurred to repackage the return (or whatever the Q does with returned items). My only beef is the return label uses the USPS which is so slow instead of UPS! It takes forever to get a return processed unlike over at the other channel. 

SAC1274277911.40710 PostsRegistered 3/24/2010

Call me crazy, but if I am not mistaken, the "Q" used to provide a label for those wishing to use the "old" fashion way of sending back an item.

I agree with Lenora from NJ...it was a nice "CUSTOMER SERVICE"! 

Will it kill me at the end of the day to write out the return address?  NO.  But I think many of your responses are missing the point.

Let's review Q - V - C  (Convenience.....)

 

Gloria1274278443.444312 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/15/2010 PeaceMom said:

 

Q is not obligated to provide a return address label.   What's the big deal about writing out the address?   

Last edited on 5/15/2010

Well, they used to, until they started supplying the prepaid ones (which they make money on, as a rule). 

You have to look up the return address because it is different depending upon if it is jewelry, clothing, etc.  I just copy and paste it into Word and print it in large font and then glue or tape to the package.  I believe if you look closely at your receipt (maybe the part you return to them, you will also see the return address).

QVC is counting on the convenience of using their label and that most will not go to the trouble of making their own.

I have never been one to have many returns.  My shopping with Q, 22 years later, is down considerably, so less shopping = less returns.  However, when will I learn not to order shoes online (it was a lunchtime special!)?!

Gloria

Norriesgir­ls1274292341.187278 PostsRegistered 11/13/2007Wayne, New Jersey
On 5/19/2010 blackbeltshopper1 said:

Hold on a second!  If I choose to not use their pre-paid labels, and prefer to return it on my own, then why should the Q provide the labels?  That's ridiculous. They provide

"a" label, but if you don't like it, do it yourself. You can get a package of mailing labels, about 100, for less than $ 3.00.

Gosh, does everybody expect a free handout for everything they do?

They don't look forward to returns, they expect to sell their merchandise permanently.  YOU  are the ones changing your minds, so you should pay to return it if you don't like their offer.

Pay for your own decisicions.

 Home Shopping Network puts both on their receipts.  The preposted return and a plain address label to return on your own.  So does Jessica London and Newport News. 

 It is just a nice courtesy to their customers who want to save a few bucks. How hard can it be if the others are doing it?  Plus the labels would be easier to read as not everyone has a great handwrighting.   It is obvious, QVC is making a profit on these return postage labels. 

peppersmom21274293529.523016 PostsRegistered 8/22/2006

If you want to make a return and pay your own postage all you have to do is look on the front of your order slip on the lower left side. They have all the instructions on how to make your own return so you don't need to call or look online for that information. I imagine that if QVC gave us both labels many people would make mistakes and use the wrong label. People would be using the label that needs to be paid for and think there package had been mailed and instead the package would be caught up in the post office wanting to get returned back to you for insufficient postage. I make my returns at the UPS store and I just show them the return address and they make up the label.

suzyQ31274304740.3224172 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 5/19/2010 peppersmom2 said:

If you want to make a return and pay your own postage all you have to do is look on the front of your order slip on the lower left side. They have all the instructions on how to make your own return so you don't need to call or look online for that information. I imagine that if QVC gave us both labels many people would make mistakes and use the wrong label. People would be using the label that needs to be paid for and think there package had been mailed and instead the package would be caught up in the post office wanting to get returned back to you for insufficient postage. I make my returns at the UPS store and I just show them the return address and they make up the label.

Yes, it's right on the label and it's easily accessible online through the "Return Policy" link found at the bottom of every page.

"We need science, and we need humanity. Without these we will revisit the Dark Ages"

The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion -- Arnold H. Glasow

kachina6241274404812.77714742 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico

I heartedly agree.  I'm tired of buying and having to use my own address label as well as looking up the correct address for the item.  I don't know of another E retailer that doesn't provide the return address.

Ivette0071274407693.13338 PostsRegistered 2/27/2010

I completely agree.  Feels like a true and complete rip off to send a ring back and pay shippnig of almost $7.00 when I can send it back for $3 or $4.  So what do I do?  I call QVC and ask the customer service rep to provide me the address because not all merchandise is returned to the same address.  It is definitely an inconvenience that gets on my nerves.

CalmInTheH­eart1274449542.1676993 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
On 5/20/2010 Ivette007 said:

I completely agree.  Feels like a true and complete rip off to send a ring back and pay shippnig of almost $7.00 when I can send it back for $3 or $4.  So what do I do?  I call QVC and ask the customer service rep to provide me the address because not all merchandise is returned to the same address.  It is definitely an inconvenience that gets on my nerves.

The address is online and easy to find.   https://quality-s.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/main.html.file.%7Ccs%7Cfaq_returns,html/left.html.file.%7Ccs%7Cfaq_nav,html/#returns6

Q will increase its prices if you start asking them to provide for every possible need.  It's not difficult to write your own label and tape or stick it to your package.  I am sorry but I don't understand why we feel entitled to have our every need met by a business.

Peace

Deuces Wild1274463944.0971587 PostsRegistered 7/20/2009
On 5/15/2010 Norriesgirls said:                                                                    

it cost me $2.45 to return it at the post office, with a delivery confirmation instead of buying the insurance.     Why would I want to pay $6.95 when I can only pay $2.45?  In these econonic times, why spend money foolishly when there are cheaper options

Because Delivery Confirmation is no substitute for insuring your package.  If it is lost somehow, Delivery Confirmation will not show that it was delivered and you'd be out the cost of the returned item.

To me $ 6.95 is a competitive cost for a delivery method that allows you to track - a Delivery Confirmation -like feature - AND insure the contents.

BTW, Signature Confirmation will give you the name of the person that accepted the package at the delivery address - something in the past that QVC has required when I needed to prove an item was returned, while Delivery Confirmation indicates only when the package was received at the end point's post office.  The carrier could deliver the package to the wrong address and Delivery Confirmation will never show that.

As far as insisting that QVC provide a non-prepaid address label, I don't think that is such a biggie that it would negatively impact, alone, my customer satisfaction.

 

 

Last edited on 5/21/2010

Last edited on 5/21/2010

millieshops1274464824.45314484 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I have a package ready to go to the PO right now.  I made my own label because this time I think the cost will be less than the prepaid even with insurance which I choose to buy every time.  Even with needing to find a piece of paper, a pen, and some tape, I was finished before the water for my tea was hot!  This is just not my issue even though I recognize the convenience of a pre-printed label -- and would certainly use it when there's weight or a high price needing expensive insurance on what I'm returning.

BLISS1274483717.72713 PostsRegistered 4/2/2008

I ALSO THINK WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY POSTAGE ON AN ITEM WE RETURN BECAUSE OF SIZING AND RECEIVING ANOTHER SIZE IN IT'S PLACE.

Betzy1274645863.993317 PostsRegistered 8/9/2005

Totally agree with OP.  It's QVC....convenience would be nice.  I don't want to call for the address.  At times I don't want to use the $6.95 label.  Why not go back to the days of having the return address ready to peel off?  HSN has the right idea.

Brabls1274645969.6714740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

I returned a small item recently by UPS. 

Cost $4 more than the USPS charge from then Q by using their retuen lable.

mojofilter1274646492.4032151 PostsRegistered 3/15/2009

Oh, absolutely.  QVC should also provide a Fed Ex slip that's already filled out so all I have to do is put in my own account number, in case I decide I want to use Fed Ex for my return.  And also it would be nice if they would put some extra tape in the package because I usually have to retape the box to send it back and it is so inconvenient to find packing tape around the house!  If they really wanted to win customer service awards, they would arrange for the mailman to come to my door the day after I receive a package to ask if I'd like to return it.  I mean, QVC always brags about their customer service, but what are they really doing out of the ordinary? 

 

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Vivian1274646820.73199 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Now that I've discovered the self-return address it's OK, but QVC sure does keep it hard to find.  Other retailers give us a choice between self-return and pre-printed address labels where a certain amount is deducted from our credit cards.  I just find it rather suspicious that QVC claims not to have any room on their receipts to accomodate us.  It is really ludicrous.  If I have a heavy item to return, I use the QVC address label. However, if I'm returning something light-weight, I can save close to $5 by mailing it myself.

Page 1 of 2