Just-Reduced Clearance
137 Members and 11334 Guests Online

Suggestion Box

Lisa Robertson's Clothing

Started 1342816068.48 in Suggestion Box | Last reply 1356207070.893 by catmom987

I adore Lisa. She is great at her job and is always very professional, classy and kind. I do, however, have a few ideas regarding her look and clothing. I think she could benefit from a wardrobe update and mix things up a little. I think a new look for her nails would be refreshing. They have been the same since I can remember. Maybe take a cue from Shawn K. and wear a french manicure or even opt for some nail color. I know both she and Shawn like having fake nails but Lisa's need a change. Also, she wears the same slacks every Sunday and Monday and when she does PM Style Monday nights. It's rather predictable and I'm sure she has many clothes to choose from. I know she is a big fan of her pants having wide bell bottom legs and dragging on the floor over her shoes to create a long line but I think pants that are slightly more tailored and not dragging would look better, maybe shorten her pants a little so they aren't so long. A hem that falls to the middle of her high heels would be the proper length. Part of the heel should be visible and the toes should peek out. The whole shoe should not be covered. Other QVC hosts are guilty of the too long pants look as well so I'm not picking on her. I think QVC should go through and shorten all the women's pants. It would also be appropriate for her to wear the clothing that she's actually featuring. All the other hosts do this and I think it lends credit to the featured items. Her not wearing them is almost like saying they are not good enough for her. I don't mean just changing out tops occasionally. Also change out her bottoms and wear a featured outfit. Just an idea.

Page 1 of 2
LoveMyGod1342911417.627335 PostsRegistered 5/4/2010

I agree with you 100% she should wear what she is trying to sell.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord!!!
Thank God For Grandchildren!!!
Save A Child Support Saint Jude!!!!
If it's not broke don't fix it (Honey)
Dianna53

TexShopper1343094319.3076 PostsRegistered 7/20/2012

The last couple of times I've seen her she has mixed things up. A couple of nights ago she was wearing a gorgeous red top and her trademark black wide leg pants like palazzo pants but they were the perfect length this time! They stopped short of the floor and weren't dragging over her high heels. Sunday night instead of the black wide leg denim pants she wore a purple knee length dress. Her nails were also looking better almost like an American Manicure and they were nice and long, the longest I've ever seen them. Great looks!

TexShopper1343187720.1836 PostsRegistered 7/20/2012

Her outfits are getting even better! Monday night with Isaac M. she was wearing regular dark blue flare leg jeans that were just the right length for her heels. No more dragging.

tommysgirl1343588877.663709 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004

Lisa looks great no matter what she wears. I don't know, but when I'm watching and she's on, I always see her wearing something she's presenting.

Media20121344565261.7828 PostsRegistered 8/7/2012

Lisa needs to update her look. It would be appropriate for her to wear the clothing that she's actually featuring and NOT in BLACK.

Pook1344601768.6333654 PostsRegistered 5/5/2007

I like Lisa no matter what she is wearing. She is an excellent presenter. QVC does have fashion experts so what makes some of you think you know better?

brendie0421344610249.133650 PostsRegistered 6/11/2011

I think Lisa should be able to wear whatever she wants. If QVC has a problem with it they will tell her. Why should she be forced to wear QVC clothing. HSN hosts don't always wear HSN clothing. I think Lisa looks good.

sbh591344712254.0436 PostsRegistered 10/19/2007

Agree that Lisa should be wearing what she's selling! Since that's not the case, I figure the garments just aren't up to her standards and wonder if I would feel the same!

Media20121344826561.61728 PostsRegistered 8/7/2012
On 8/11/2012 sbh59 said:

Agree that Lisa should be wearing what she's selling! Since that's not the case, I figure the garments just aren't up to her standards and wonder if I would feel the same!

You have a valid point.

TexShopper1344909305.8576 PostsRegistered 7/20/2012

To those of you who say she should be able to wear whatever she wants, I say it's only right to be wearing something from a clothing line that you are encouraging everyone else to purchase from. If you worked at Dell Computer, would you go into a staff meeting and do a Powerpoint presentation with an HP laptop? Come on, get real! She should be guided on what to wear and wearing pants that puddle on the floor is just sloppy. I also think wearing the same black pants practically every monday night is a little predictable - especially when you have many many clothing items to choose from. Her on-air image should be fresh and I just think her look is a little dated.

Julie231344912242.1171369 PostsRegistered 11/3/2007
On 8/13/2012 TexShopper said:

To those of you who say she should be able to wear whatever she wants, I say it's only right to be wearing something from a clothing line that you are encouraging everyone else to purchase from. If you worked at Dell Computer, would you go into a staff meeting and do a Powerpoint presentation with an HP laptop? Come on, get real! She should be guided on what to wear and wearing pants that puddle on the floor is just sloppy. I also think wearing the same black pants practically every monday night is a little predictable - especially when you have many many clothing items to choose from. Her on-air image should be fresh and I just think her look is a little dated.

Well said. And, this often comes to mind when she opts to wear her Cartier watch during her presentations. Yes, she has a right to wear whatever; I'm just saying as personal opinion, I think I'd opt to leave it at home during my on-air shifts!

snipsnapsn­ur1345545953.97311 PostsRegistered 12/12/2010

What Lisa chooses to wear affects your lives....how? I swear, some of you women are such nit-picking fuddy duddy's! Now go put on your elastic waisted polyester Susan Graver pants!

But thanks for the laughs{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Bungo1345556260.663360 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006

I thought French Manicures were out of style.

I may never pass this way again.

wowee1345564071.43413 PostsRegistered 4/9/2008phoenix

WOW!. To the OP, should the people you work for/with get together and tell you how you should be dressing? On TV or not, every one of us is seen by our co-workers/clients/public, should they all have the right to dictate how each of us dress (I am not talking about dressing within the guidelines of a dress code, I am talking about specifics)

wowee1345564333.3773413 PostsRegistered 4/9/2008phoenix

I am sorry, but case in point, Very few car salesmen drive the cars they are selling. Very few waitresses only eat in the resturant they work at, and salesgirls at the costmetic counters do not only wear the cosmetics they sell. Salesclerks at Nordstrom"s do not always wear clothing from the store. JUST SAYING. Just because you work somewhere or sell something DOES NOT mean you like it, or want to own it.

Ozzybear1345660019.46784 PostsRegistered 12/13/2007
On 8/13/2012 Julie23 said:

Well said. And, this often comes to mind when she opts to wear her Cartier watch during her presentations. Yes, she has a right to wear whatever; I'm just saying as personal opinion, I think I'd opt to leave it at home during my on-air shifts!

First of all if I owned a Cartier watch, I would never take it off. Second, if you actually watched her during PM style, she is constantly changing her tops and blouses throughout the show featuring what is currently for sale. She probably wears black because it gives her a solid background for the assorted colors and prints she needs to wear. Get a life people!

tiarasita1347388050.378 PostsRegistered 3/7/2007

I love Lisa and enjoy watching her! For any of you who remember the cartoon character from years back "Gumby" , well I read on some other site where a gal called Lisa's wide-leg jeans "Gumby pants"..... and I never thought of that before but I got quite a kick out of it!

3star1347488400.931160 PostsRegistered 8/17/2012

I also enjoy watching Lisa and I think she is a totally stunning host. She is the only host that admits her beauty flaws: bad natural nails, thin hair, no eyelashes and chubby legs. I applaud her honesty; it makes her real to all of us. She uses artificial means to make the most of her looks and she looks great.

I do have one constructive (i think) criticism. Too much cleavage and too tight clothing. She often says that she likes her clothes close to the body, but sometimes she can look like a little sausage. She tried on a Bradley Bayou jacket the other night - it was at least one size too small and cinching the belt way too tight - it made a $200 jacket look cheap!!

She looks like a million but she could look like 2 million if someone styled her in clothing that is the proper size - it's much classier. Lisa IMO likes to look "hot", but 90% of the viewing audience are women and showing too tight clothing, too much cleavage is not what most of us are going to "buy into".

Lisa, you are a lovely lady - please dress like one.

occasional­ rain1347765930.7716920 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007
On 8/22/2012 Ozzybear said:
On 8/13/2012 Julie23 said:

First of all if I owned a Cartier watch, I would never take it off. Second, if you actually watched her during PM style, she is constantly changing her tops and blouses throughout the show featuring what is currently for sale. She probably wears black because it gives her a solid background for the assorted colors and prints she needs to wear. Get a life people!

I agree. Lisa does wear something form her Friday night show but for PM Style, she tries on all the tops and needs a basic black tank and pants as a "clean slate".

I wonder about these people who feel qualified to make over others.

lindahendr­ix1347774683.9349 PostsRegistered 10/18/2005arizona

i dont like her bell bottoms. i saw her pic of her on vacation and she wore jeans and the legs were tight. she looked good. i am wondering if she considers these ugly bell bottoms her uniform at work?? i know she has others. too much material in them and they dont look good.

GaGa19601347875908.09380 PostsRegistered 5/27/2012

i saw her the other night with Leslie on friday night beauty and she had a little vest on and looked great. Her nails were also polished a very pretty plum she is beautiful and a goood host.

taja1231347908101.1532476 PostsRegistered 1/22/2012

I saw Lisa briefly in her leather vest Friday night. It was way too tight and she looked like a stuffed sausage. Not thinner, just stuffed.

Tammy Sue1347924310.7124 PostsRegistered 8/13/2012

I think Lisa always looks great. I only wish (at 5'10") that I could find pants long enough to cover my shoes! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

AnnieRoss1348031156.8877 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 8/21/2012 snipsnapsnur said:

What Lisa chooses to wear affects your lives....how? I swear, some of you women are such nit-picking fuddy duddy's! Now go put on your elastic waisted polyester Susan Graver pants!

But thanks for the laughs{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Ha!!!! I couldn't agree more!!!!! Nit-picky....get a life!!!! She can wear what ever she wants!!! There are no rules here.

Thanks 'snipsnapsur' for saying what was on my mind while reading these posts!!!

Get a grip, ladies......watch something else if you have such disdain for what she chooses to wear.....

Have a great week everyone!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LucyGoose1348069524.113290 PostsRegistered 4/19/2012USA

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol} I'm sorry. I'm just in a silly mood! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

But I don't think I've ever sat there and thought so strongly about Lisa's clothes....

Your tag line here

Page 1 of 2