Give Gorgeous
115 Members and 12699 Guests Online

Suggestion Box

Ocean Dreams swimsuits...using skinny models

Started 1305654221.057 in Suggestion Box | Last reply 1307184085.38 by BernieH
replies

Watching Ocean Dream Swimsuits is irritating and insulting. Most women are not size 000 or size 2, but Ocean Dream swimsuits seems to think that putting a vendor that has to be at least a size 2 and the host no bigger than a size 6, is trying to show how sizes 8-plus size should love these suits. How the devil would they know what a plus size woman wants to wear at the beach or pool? Geesh Ocean Dreams, at least put a average sized woman on the show( btw. the average size of woman that buys, is a size 12-14) so we don't get the double standard of super skinny models and vendors that have NEVER had to worry about looking good in a bathing suit when you wear a size that ranges from a size 8-plus size. This is a joke and I am not fat by no means, as I wear a size 8, but please do not insult me by using young skinny models and vendors to sell a bathing suit that doesn't have a clue as to how a plus size woman wants to wear at the beach or pool.

Page 1 of 1
Tina_N_AZ1305889291.218 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010

Agree! Really love when QVC mixes it up - thin, average, curvy models in the same showing really help me decide; also, love when there are middle-age and older models, and not just the ones who are in great shape. So many of the styles are for younger women - glad you ladies are taken care of, but many suppliers haven't figured out that the older ladies are a huge market segment and love to buy online.

lynnsy1306526421.151022 PostsRegistered 8/29/2010

this morning there was the blonde model (can't recall her name, think she wears size large) anyway she came out in suit that had the removable skirt, well it didn't quite fit, one complete side of the right thigh was showing. She tried to stand away from camera and keep her hand down to hide, but then when she turned... YEP it didn't quite cover all the way around. I was wondering if the skirt does not get larger in size when the suits do? I would be ordering her size, but for sure NOT that one if I couldnt hide both my thighs.

lkjhg1306627447.0873998 PostsRegistered 7/3/2008
On 5/17/2011 Lindas said:

Watching Ocean Dream Swimsuits is irritating and insulting. Most women are not size 000 or size 2, but Ocean Dream swimsuits seems to think that putting a vendor that has to be at least a size 2 and the host no bigger than a size 6, is trying to show how sizes 8-plus size should love these suits. How the devil would they know what a plus size woman wants to wear at the beach or pool? Geesh Ocean Dreams, at least put a average sized woman on the show (btw. the average size of woman that buys, is a size 12-14) so we don't get the double standard of super skinny models and vendors that have NEVER had to worry about looking good in a bathing suit when you wear a size that ranges from a size 8-plus size. This is a joke and I am not fat by no means, as I wear a size 8, but please do not insult me by using young skinny models and vendors to sell a bathing suit that doesn't have a clue as to how a plus size woman wants to wear at the beach or pool.

I've never seen a skinny model on QVC in a bathing suit.

Last edited on 5/29/2011

Last edited on 5/31/2011

BernieH1307184085.353798 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007
On 5/28/2011 lkjhg said:
On 5/17/2011 Lindas said:

Watching Ocean Dream Swimsuits is irritating and insulting. Most women are not size 000 or size 2, but Ocean Dream swimsuits seems to think that putting a vendor that has to be at least a size 2 and the host no bigger than a size 6, is trying to show how sizes 8-plus size should love these suits. How the devil would they know what a plus size woman wants to wear at the beach or pool? Geesh Ocean Dreams, at least put a average sized woman on the show (btw. the average size of woman that buys, is a size 12-14) so we don't get the double standard of super skinny models and vendors that have NEVER had to worry about looking good in a bathing suit when you wear a size that ranges from a size 8-plus size. This is a joke and I am not fat by no means, as I wear a size 8, but please do not insult me by using young skinny models and vendors to sell a bathing suit that doesn't have a clue as to how a plus size woman wants to wear at the beach or pool.

I've never seen a skinny model on QVC in a bathing suit.

Last edited on 5/29/2011

And I've never seen a 3X model in ANYTHING on QVC....They are selling an "image" and they want all of us to believe that we will look great if we make this purchase...They do the same thing with make-up and wrinkle cream....They use young models who have good skin to begin with....It all comes down to how much they can get us to believe....All Smoke and Mirrors.....JMO

Page 1 of 1