New Holiday Decor
135 Members and 16001 Guests Online

Suggestion Box

Tova signature perfume

Started 1298697470.593 in Suggestion Box | Last reply 1348172779.84 by blondie06704
I am thoroughly disappointed with QVC's actions of discontinuing this perfume. They said the reason was because it wasnt selling! Well that's because they changed the formulation. I have read hundreds of comments and blogs regarding this and the request is the same BRING IT BACK. I have been on auto ship for years and had no warning just an email that they could no longer supply! Not the way to treat loyal customers. Shame on you QVC

Page 1 of 2
Retired081298755498.865322 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

I miss the old Tova and don't understand why they cannot bring back the original. Many, many people would be thrilled to purchase it. Perhaps the Philosophy line is just taking over and QVC has invested much more into Philosophy.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

clpin1298783867.531 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011

Sad to hear this....nothing can or will take the place of the original Tova, but the Signature Platinum was close. I started ordering again and now it is gone also....Please QVC re-think your action on discontinuing this perfume.

Last edited on 2/26/2011

Last edited on 2/26/2011

Kimi-Eliz1298811567.13886 PostsRegistered 9/10/2006

I think they need to discontinue it. It was horrible to change the formula and not tell us. Then on top of that I e mailed Mary Beth Rowe and asked if the formula had changed and she flat out lied and said it was a "bad batch". Seriously? So finally they will remove it all instead of hiding behind the change of the bottle, the name etc. That was my favorite scent and the only one I wore for years. I started wearing it at 29. Shame on QVC for not being honest from the beginning.

cathybb1300940096.9330 PostsRegistered 5/21/2006

I had no idea that Tova has been discontinued. I just did a search on it and found little to choose from. I want Tova Signature Perfume. (Tova Platinum will work for me)

I don't want Nights, Autumn, Turquoise, BMS, or any of the other versions. I just want a GOOD BATCH of Tova Signature fragrance.

I don't want 4 individual notes that make up the perfume because I don't know how to mix them to make the fragrance that I want.. which is... Tova Signature Fragrance.

I did an internet search on Tova Signature Perfume and found it only on an auction site for $200 to $400 per bottle. NOT KIDDING! If QVC could make a good batch, they could make a fortune!!

Seriously, I bought a bottle but for a bit less that that. There is no product control on what they are selling and I don't know what I will receive.

I do not like the "Grace's" perfumes. I want Tova. Please bring it back for those of us that want to buy it. I will pay more for a better product.

dkh1301173127.0671133 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011Virginia

I use to buy Tova as well. It seems when it switched to being manufactured in China is when the smell changed and everyone started complaining. I am saddened we cannot get this great perfume anymore. such a shame -- I use to get so many compliments on it!

Living your life well is the best revenge.
Blonde, green eyes, cool with pink undertone.

msquanna1301179276.3179684 PostsRegistered 10/3/2008

Ladies, it's not QVC or Tova's fault (but they could have been upfront about it from the beginning). It is in accordance with the new European Union regulations regarding "natural" ingredients. Seems because of allergies, all natural ingredients can no longer be used. Sucks, doesn't it? I know, because I'm an avid Tova user, too! I can't wear anything else, because nothing out there compares (or even comes close!) So, I guess I can live with what I can sometimes find here on the Q.

P.S. And, yes...all natural ingredients are WORSE on allergies than synthetics. And, it's my understanding other fragrances have changed their ingredients, also. But, I sure do miss that divine smell and longevity of the Tova Sig!

Hope this info helps all you Tova fans out there! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

whipper752­291303061176.7531 PostsRegistered 4/17/2011
Well, is there anywhere to buy the newer formula? I'll even settle for that! I know there are scalpers out there who are selling the bottles for outrageous prices that I'd be foolish to spend. I'm going to have to look for something else. Any suggestions? OR does anyone know of anythong close to that fragrance? Even though I have enough to last me for a little while, I'm going to have to start looking for a new fragrance.

yellowjade1304906679.341 PostsRegistered 5/8/2011

Thank you for the information - I had no idea that TOVA was now made in China (seems like everything else is,too.) And, no idea that the EU now dictates what happens on this side of "the pond"! Really? I know TOVA markets in the UK, but since she has such a great following here in the good ol' USA, why couldn't "our" formula continue to be made and marketed in the US? Or, people with allergies just simply avoid a product that gives them a reaction!! Perhaps that is not profitable and would not be good business when she is otherwise marketing worldwide. What a shame! Such an iconic product, with such a loyal following, now reduced to this. Sad. I LOVED it while it lasted - the "Graces" are a distant 2nd for me. Never say never. My favorite Chanel (No. 22) has come back. Maybe TOVA Signature will too, some day.

Last edited on 5/8/2011

Last edited on 5/8/2011

deb c1306097667.041 PostsRegistered 5/22/2011

I too have been using Tova for over 20 years. Nothing has compared to Tova and believe me I have tried everything. Can some one please tell me what fragrance comes close to the original Tova. I'm desperate!! I am so disgusted with QVC for not telling us loyal customers what's going on instead of trying to sell bogus Tova products that smell like bug spray. I wrote to Mary Beth Roe thinking she would be honest with me regarding Tova....but nothing. Why can't some manufacter get the formula for Tova and get it here in the states. They would make a fortune.

Tovasiglov­er1308785177.7731 PostsRegistered 6/22/2011
Like the many comments below...I love this signature perfume and wish that you would bring it back. For years I have been looking for a perfume that complimented me since the one I used before was discontinued as well. Now I have to find another scent since the stock I have now will not last. Please bring back this scent and once you do, I bet you will see the demand grow once the word gets out. I would be willing to buy a lump sum just to have this scent again.

Southern F­ried Chick1309117804.297174 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007

Tova Signature...Bring it back. Just do it!!

SFC

gussy1309463624.30713 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010

I have been asking QVC if they were discontinuing the Tova line repeatedly for quite a long time now, and they have never been honest enough to tell their customers the truth...that they, in fact, were. Now, I really don't understand why! Does customer loyalty mean nothing to QVC? Does the fact that people have spent lots of $$ over the years purchasing Tova products, as well as many other products through QVC mean anything to the executives at QVC...enough to not keep it a secret that they were planning on discontinuing her line. Unbelievable! Shame on you QVC for not caring enough about your customers to either bring back a product that everyone LOVES and misses, like many of us have asked you to do, even if it would cost us more money, or to at least be honest from the start with us so that we would know for certain that we would never be able to purchase the Tova fragrance ever again on Q. I hope you are all very proud of yoursevles for how excellent your "Customer Service" really is. Please tell Tova her customers are in mourning for her once beloved fragrance (Signature was my very favorite).

Last edited on 6/30/2011

Last edited on 6/30/2011

Last edited on 6/30/2011

cheryltoo1310443618.8471 PostsRegistered 7/11/2011

I just found out Tova Signature is no longer available. I had a stock, and turned my sister onto it. Now neither of us can get it. And have you checked out the prices on Amazon or Ebay? Unbelievable. Almost 100.00. Something is not right here. You are loyal, always buy the same fragrance. I dont see anyone else with a following not selling the perfume anymore.

marygray1310447354.81347973 PostsRegistered 5/8/2005

You all have no idea of what you are talking about. Stop demanding what you are never going to get. Be satisfied with the new ones.

The original Tova Signature Classic contained several ingredients, but one of them cost Tova $ 83,000 an ounce and had to be purchased from another part of the world. Think about how much perfume she sold, but always having to keep all those ingredients handy for production.

After several years, there was a problem with the cost and availability of that ingredient.

I'm not going into further details here. Suffice it to say it ended and Tova was out of that ingredient. It was the "special one" that gave it that individual scent we all loved.

That went into bankruptcy.

She has picked up and moved on the best she can, but hear this:

All the postings, beggings, demandings, tantrums, and all you do will not change a thing, It's over, it's history. It will never be made again.

So stop living in the past and accept reality. NO MORE ORIGINAL CLASSIC TOVA SCENT.

Grow up and move on to something else.

Last edited on 7/11/2011

Last edited on 7/11/2011

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "

ChynaGirl1310458780.863895 PostsRegistered 12/2/2005

Scary Mary, you are one odd bird.

marygray1310575268.06347973 PostsRegistered 5/8/2005
On 7/12/2011 ChynaGirl said:

My name is marygray, and you need to explain your comment.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "

Virginia1231317248697.032 PostsRegistered 9/23/2011

Check Home Shopping Queen from 2008 where the CEO of QVC describes exactly what happened to TOVA signature

Spunkyspou­ts1317877027.927186 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami
On 7/12/2011 ChynaGirl said:

No dummy it is apparently somebody on the inside who happens to know what is going on, perhaps the madame herself.

Spunkyspou­ts1317877189.2437186 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami
On 5/22/2011 deb c said:

I too have been using Tova for over 20 years. Nothing has compared to Tova and believe me I have tried everything. Can some one please tell me what fragrance comes close to the original Tova. I'm desperate!! I am so disgusted with QVC for not telling us loyal customers what's going on instead of trying to sell bogus Tova products that smell like bug spray. I wrote to Mary Beth Roe thinking she would be honest with me regarding Tova....but nothing. Why can't some manufacter get the formula for Tova and get it here in the states. They would make a fortune.

Good grief, do you think she is goingto put her job in danger to give you the scoop on Tova..for real??

SPARKLE AN­D SHINE1319851294.2832 PostsRegistered 10/9/2010
I am totally with this I have purchased Tova since before she came to QVC and was a big shopper with you and now I shop very little all because of your greed. Sad to see Qvc go down on my list of great places to shop. I want Tova back,

mzlg1319860026.02823 PostsRegistered 6/25/2006

On the Q's LA-Live at the end of Sept. - Amy was the host and Tova was presenting the various items that were on clearance. At the end of the presentation Tova stated that there would be an announcement real soon. Perhaps Tova's line will be back on the Q. I would like to see her jewelry line being sold on the USA site, like what is being sold on the UK site.

~!~

onecent1319864265.73243 PostsRegistered 12/19/2007

I wish it would come back because I've never smelled it and I'm curious {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Judaline1320150274.2815784 PostsRegistered 8/26/2006street of dreams

If Tova would bring back her whole line, it wouldn't really be Tova products. They are extinct. The Q bought her out. It is now Qva which I just made up. But anything with her name on it, well, it's not her stuff anymore.

thomas011321543939.3271 PostsRegistered 11/17/2011

I was a Tova Original Signature user. I have used it for about 20 years. At that time I was still working and everyone would tell me how beautiful I smelled and what was the fragrance I was wearing? I got all my friends at work and family members using it because they too wanted to be just like the "someone beautiful just walked by". It was such a fresh clean fragrance and did not seem to make people sneeze. Now, I am sorry to say the new Tova I just received (Tova Summer Fragrance) smells like bug spray. (even my little dog runs from me when I walk past and now the remarks I hear are "here comes the pest control lady" instead of "someone beautiful just walked by". Please try and bring back the Original Tova Signature fragrance. It was an unmistakable clean slightly lemon frangrance that was absolutely beautiful and the fragrance lasted forever. Everytime I open my coat closet, I could still smell Tova Signature on my winter coat. Please, Please, Please........

dw221321996910.6973 PostsRegistered 11/22/2011

QVC just has no idea how much the real thing is missed. The real Tova enveloped you but was never harsh or overpowering, it was subtle yet definite. The fragrance invoked a feeling in people, not just an aroma. I find it difficult to believe what I've read about the use of natural ingredients being stopped and only synthetics approved. You can't tell me all the perfumes in the world are only made from synthetics. Look at the perfume houses in London like Creed and Penhaligon who supply fragrances for the royal families. They aren't using fake ingredients, why the claim here about synthetics then? I do believe letting China do the manufacturing was 1 reason the perfume was never as good. I would pay dearly for the original genuine Tova once again. Barring anything legal with the ownership of the formula, is there no manufacturer in the USA or elsewhere who can see the value of taking it on ?

Page 1 of 2