Best of Black Friday
17 Members and 15706 Guests Online

Suggestion Box

QVC and their complaints about returns. QVC, please read.

Started 1295273100.053 in Suggestion Box | Last reply 1305739816.903 by littleOme

If anyone from QVC is actually reading this, my suggestion would be that the hosts give the information needed on a product and then maybe there wouldn't be so many returns. I will refer to certain apparel programs when hosted by more than one host. The time allotted for the item is over before they get to the item itself! I would love to see colors available, sizing, fabric content, etc. before we hear about what your favorite candy is, what they did over the weekend, or the question of the day. I am all for having fun, but do it after the information that, we the consumer needs, before ordering. One more thing. I for one, have noticed a lack of consistency in the sizing which also leads to returns. I hate to have to return as much *or more* than QVC hates to get them.

Page 1 of 2
adelle381295273309.879478 PostsRegistered 12/22/2007

Inconsistent sizing is definitely the reason for returns I've made and why I almost never buy clothing from the Q. Even if I own and item and order a second, the sizing is often completely wrong on the second item. I make sure I write this as reason for return. I always read the online description as to sizing, colors, fabric before I order. The host descriptions generally aren't as thorough as they should be.

"Fear always springs from ignorance."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

stts1295273627.4632056 PostsRegistered 6/15/2006
On 1/17/2011 Donna Stone said:

Inconsistent sizing is definitely the reason for returns I've made and why I almost never buy clothing from the Q. Even if I own and item and order a second, the sizing is often completely wrong on the second item. I make sure I write this as reason for return. I always read the online description as to sizing, colors, fabric before I order. The host descriptions generally aren't as thorough as they should be.

ITA. I love the D&C tall slimming jeans, but in the 3 ordered none are the same in length. They are all marked tall, but one pair was 4 inches shorter than the two previous so they had to be returned. Those that had to be returned were no longer available in that color and size.The others were off by an inch, which was ok with me, but to someone else it may make a big difference. I too right the reason even after box is checked.

KentuckyWo­man1295273675.9271794 PostsRegistered 10/29/2009

The one thing I have noticed with QVC clothing is the inconsistency of the sizing. You can go online and read the garment measurements, but I can almost guarantee when you get it home, it will be way too large or too small. I just do not have good luck with clothing items from the Q. It could just be me though. I have returned more clothing items that I could keep so I just gave up.

8bannie1295273791.93156 PostsRegistered 1/28/2008

I agree!! Too much personal talk all day. Please focus the camera on the item instead of concentrating on the hosts. Has anyone noticed that the fabric content is rarely mentioned? Good thing I have a computer to look at the content. If it has too much spandex I have to decline. I feel like I have a rubber band on and OH how it holds the heat. Too old for that. Take a clue from HSN. They rarely talk about themselves but focus on the product. Too bad their products aren't as nice as the Q.

battyoldbr­oad1295274263.4171206 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010

You hit the nail on the head! GOOD post! Something else I'd like to hear from the hosts (female) is - I wear a size large - and this runs a little large on me (or a little small). Of course this wouldn't work for the hosts who admittedly wear their clothes a size SMALLER than 'normal'. I like the 'real-size' hosts who wear 'real sizes' - they're comments about sizing would be very helpful.

Zoologist1295274788.8076013 PostsRegistered 9/3/2010

I want to hear the saleswomen say "I wear a 36DD bra, and my waist measures 25 inches" or something like that so we don't get fooled. Some of them wear their clothing like sprayed-on paint - buttons gapping on the breasts, etc.

blueroses471295274911.9272166 PostsRegistered 9/1/2005Central NJ

I totally agree with many of the comments made so far.

If QVC doesn't like the percentage of returns, too bad.

I received one of the "letters" admonishing me about my number of returns some years back. I remember I was annoyed. I stopped ordering as much, then gradually resumed ordering, but still returned whatever didn't fit, or I was not satisfied with.

If you can't touch it, feel it, or try it on.....well, gee, I guess the return rate is going to be way bigger than a brick and morter business. It goes with the territory. And if brick and morter businesses honor returns, well I guess QVC is going to have to as well. It's return policy SHOULD be way more lenient than if you can see, touch, and try on the item.

It is nice that QVC refunds original shipping and handling, most business don't. On the other hand, QVC shipping is pretty high, and it doesn't combine orders, as most companies do.

I order with care, but still return as I see fit, and if I can't do that with a sense of freedom, I am more than happy to not order at all.

lovestotea­ch1295275256.1415293 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

It seems that I used to have better luck with the sizing issue. I could order Denim & Co jeans with luck, most times. Now, I don't know....

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

karey1295276496.757283 PostsRegistered 3/13/2005

I like when hosts let us know if an apparel item is running larger or smaller than usual, whether something is more form fitting or boxier cut, the fabric content, etc. Since I can't be there in person, I need as much description of the item as possible. I don't just want to hear how much the host loves it or to get one in every color, or that the hosts owns three of them, that doesn't help me.

KDenn1295285290.477392 PostsRegistered 6/4/2010

Agree with the comments that have posted so far. Instead of asking viewers to post on FB what they had for breakfast, or talking about everything put the item, have the host and guest give information about the item. There is nothing with having fun on the shows, as long as they give basic information about items. In the past the hosts could give the basic information and still have fun.

Another suggestion, on the fashion shows please stop with the ridiculous camera angles. On some of the shows all we get is a real closeup look at the item at the clothes rack or on the models. But when the models and hosts are shown, everything is at a distanced and you can't make out the item. PM Style is a great example of this. Almost the whole show we see Lisa talking about the item in the background and the models somewhere on the set at the same time.

dmqshopper1295288597.4871494 PostsRegistered 7/18/2009

I agree with all your comments. This is my problem too.Also jewelry is difficult too. With magnafication, I'm not sure what I will get when I order.and

When Caroline says she is a size large, I never order the item.

nantucket ­shore1295289423.7375663 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

Let's go 1 step further.....inconsistant sizing of the SAME item number but different colors!!

Bought 2 pairs of pants A00207 one in black and one in denim..same size...same item number, same order.

The black one's fit great but the denim pair actually fall down on me...another return, just can't stand a pair of pants that I actually have to keep pulling up......who's fault for the return on this one....the Q.

Buck-i-Nana1295289566.8238193 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio
On 1/17/2011 foxy21 said:

You hit the nail on the head! GOOD post! Something else I'd like to hear from the hosts (female) is - I wear a size large - and this runs a little large on me (or a little small). Of course this wouldn't work for the hosts who admittedly wear their clothes a size SMALLER than 'normal'. I like the 'real-size' hosts who wear 'real sizes' - they're comments about sizing would be very helpful.

Very true. They actually used to do that, what a shame they stopped.

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

Buck-i-Nana1295289675.8438193 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio
On 1/17/2011 nantucket shore said:

Let's go 1 step further.....inconsistant sizing of the SAME item number but different colors!!

Bought 2 pairs of pants A00207 one in black and one in denim..same size...same item number, same order.

The black one's fit great but the denim pair actually fall down on me...another return, just can't stand a pair of pants that I actually have to keep pulling up......who's fault for the return on this one....the Q.

As soon as I read your first line, I knew one of the items was going to be "black". It's not just QVC, it seems that for whatever reason, black pants are always cut smaller than every other color in the same item. My friends and I have puzzled over this phenomenon for a long time.

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

Subject1295289806.7811269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

I have been saying this for years!!! I WANT BUST HIP ETC SIZES SAID ON AIR AND SHOWN ON AIR MORE THAN ONE TIME!! I am so tired of listenening to hosts talking about the weather or their tennis game how their hair looks today or their pets. I want info on the item sold. LISTEN QVC!!!

wonderwoma­n1001295562855.0632752 PostsRegistered 1/21/2008
On 1/17/2011 karey said:

I like when hosts let us know if an apparel item is running larger or smaller than usual, whether something is more form fitting or boxier cut, the fabric content, etc. Since I can't be there in person, I need as much description of the item as possible. I don't just want to hear how much the host loves it or to get one in every color, or that the hosts owns three of them, that doesn't help me.

Ditto! It seems that Carolyn is the only host who goes into the cut and what size she and the models are wearing. It's very helpful!

KITTYKITTY1295709713.787475 PostsRegistered 6/17/2009

QVC has really gone downhill when it comes to their presentations...and yes, exactly the reason for many returns. We -- at home-- cannot feel, try on or see specific and DEPEND on the hosts...many who are way too busy laughing, dancing, talking personal, etc..we we are left to guess at things and hope for the best. Ridiculous for a tv shopping channel.

Charmed~Je­nna1295709970.8520023 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010~RipkaNistaVille~

Wish they gave Jewelry weight on Judith Ripka.....kinda off topic...but maybe it might be seen by TPTB... Kisses Kiss

~ Modern Classics with a Twist ~

purrmom1295735827.2073400 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010Mid-MO

Josie Maran did the same thing last night. Talking about a woman she met who looked like 30, turns out she was 60, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile one of the foundation colors sells out before we even got to see it.

NavyWife681295737086.9910 PostsRegistered 4/4/2010

I also return quite alot of items and that expence of returning sure adds up. Most of the clothes I do return. I've decided from now on if I really am interested in an item, I will take down the number and if I still want it in three days, then I will order it and hope it's available.Smile

Hayfield1295740291.7775326 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Then QVC and their hots should stop saying 30 day unconditional, money back quarantee!

purrmom1295815591.5833400 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010Mid-MO
On 1/22/2011 Hayfield said:

Then QVC and their hots should stop saying 30 day unconditional, money back quarantee!

They do give your money back if you return within 30 days.

csv3201295815745.5336724 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007

OP - let's face it, most who shop Q have computers, we go to the item on the computer, not only for product descriptions but also to read all the reviews before making a decision.

You have a computer because you posted on this board, why not use it to shop on the Q.

Retired081295856026.0875326 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

I do most of my shopping online and I always look at the size charts. However, this does not mean that the garment fits me properly. The cut may be completely off for my size. There are several pieces that I have now in my saved items that I would like to order, but until I see a presentation and actually see the garment on a model and hear it discussed, I just don't feel comfortable ordering it and taking a chance on having to return. And at this point I will add that I have actually watched some of the online video presentations where the product was not even discussed because the hosts were discussing something else.

I do agree with the OP about the quality and information of some presentations.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

JustJazzmom1296193750.65328330 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

Those who received the same item in one size and different colors and have inconsistent sizing-- means one thing- whoever put the tag on the item in that foreign country did it wrong (person had medium tops and used a Large tag on them to give an example). Maybe one color was made at one factory and the other color at another factory.

Usually inconsistent sizing is a factory error, not a QVC warehouse error.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

Page 1 of 2