Designer Fashion Clearance
157 Members and 13437 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Need some NEW (for me) Appetizers Recipes

Started 1281896844.667 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1297360985.743 by Thingamajig

Hi everyone,

We take fingers foods to a dance once a month for Birthday's and Anniversarys...

I need some new ideas... We are country people, and not into the Fancy and costly foods..

If some of ya"ll can help, sure would appreciate.. Hot!! Cold!! anything..

Thanks

Cookie

Page 1 of 2
katkitty1281897977.6534730 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

Yummy!

Mississippi Caviar

1 (15-ounce) can black-eye peas, drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
3 tablespoons minced garlic (about 8 cloves)
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (.7-ounce) package dry Italian dressing mix (such as Good Seasons)
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup vinegar
Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well.
Combine dressing mix, oil and vinegar. Pour over pea mixture. Stir well.
Chill at least 2 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes about 8 cups.

New Grandma1281901004.337146 PostsRegistered 11/25/2006Ohio

This dip is unbelievably easy and always a hit.

Goat Cheese Dip

1 log goat cheese
2 (soup can size) diced tomatoes w/Italian seasonings

Place goat cheese in the center of a small baking dish (8x8 ish)

Pour tomatoes over cheese & heat in oven till hot.

Serve w/toasted baguette slices.

1 Baguette sliced, drizzled w/olive oil & toasted

Missouri G­ranny1281901062.7173 PostsRegistered 8/6/2010

Thanks KitKitty,

Sounds really good, I will save this one..

Mo. Granny

katkitty1281904077.1634730 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

I haven't tried this one yet, but it does sound interesting!

GLAZED APPLE KIELBASA (provide toothpicks)

2 pounds fully cooked kielbasa sausage

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 cup chunky applesauce

3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard

2 cloves garlic, minced

Cut kielbasa into 1" pieces and combine with brown sugar, applesauce, mustard, and garlic in large saucepan.
Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until sausage is hot and glazed.
This should take about 10-14 minutes.
12 appetizer servings

walker1281905176.884009 PostsRegistered 5/6/2005

One suggestion.......you might check Paula Deen's website for a couple of recipes that are good......Bacon Wrapped Bread Sticks and/or Herbed Cheese and Cracker Bits.....I can post them if you don't find them...if interested.

Two recipes from me......thinking of summertime still ........I have not tried the Strawberry Salsa but it sounds good.

Strawberry Salsa

2 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries

1 cup chopped green pepper

2 Tablespoons chopped green onions

2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley

1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing

Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)

Pepper to taste

Tortilla Chips

In a bowl, combine the strawberries, green pepper, onions and parsley. Stir in the salad dressing, hot pepper sauce (opt) and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 3 cups.

Cool Cucumber Dip

8 ozs. cream cheese

1/4 cup sour cream

1 pkg. dry ranch salad dressing mix

1 cucumber

1 bunch green onions, sliced

1 round unsliced loaf bread

1 loaf crusty bread

In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, sour cream and dry salad dressing. Set aside.

Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise and remove seeds. Dice cucumber into small pieces and sprinkle with a little salt or celery salt.

Add cucumber and onions to cream cheese mixture. Mix well and refrigerate.

Slice top off a round loaf of bread and hollow out, leaving a 1" shell. Cut reserved bread into cubes, along with the additional loaf of bread. Fill round shell with the cucumber dip and serve with bread cubes for dipping.

whispy1281906891.311531 PostsRegistered 8/2/2009

I personally love hollowed out baby potatoes or cherry tomatoes. You can pick your choice of recipes for the filling. Spinach/artichoke dip, mashed potatoes w/bacon and seasonings, cream cheese based, tuna/chicken/egg salad. It just depends on your friends' tastes. I've even used just the store-bought flavored cream cheeses or hummus.

Sliced lunch meat can be filled, rolled and sliced into individual pieces. To me, these need some zip so I usually spread with a spicy mustard or mayo before rolling. The filling can include a different type of meat and/or match-stick sliced veggies for crunch. I always secure with a toothpick since these can unravel easily.

whispy

DiamondGir­ly1281908175.9172486 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California

Below are some ideas I got from this site - Angel25 posted the first one! :)

Angel25 said:

Here is my recipe for Dill Dip, I made 8 of these for my moms party hoping to have some left over, Every last drop was gone.

Dill Dip - Angel25

1 cup sour cream
3 Tbsp parsley
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp minced onions
1 tsp seasoned salt
3 tsp dill weed

Mix all together, refrigerate overnight and serve with raw veggies. My favorites are celery, green, red, and yellow peppers, green onions, cauliflower, broccoli, sliced muchrooms, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.

Appetizer Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce Meatballs or Lil Smokies -by Chicagoan, I believe
Ingredients
3-5 lbs frozen cooked small meatballs or Little Smokies sausages
1 (32 ounce) jar grape jelly
2 (12 ounce) jars chili sauce (I use Heinz Chili Sauce)
1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions
In a pot combine the grape jelly with the chili sauce; add in the meatballs or Little Smokies and simmer for about 45 minutes uncovered or until the sauce has thickened.

Not sure who posted these:

Make some little kabobs using chunks of ham, beef, cheese, olives, pineapple, grape tomatoes, pickles, etc. String 3 different chunks on a tooth pick.

Pepperoni dip.... a package of pepperoni ground finely and mix with 2 cups sour cream...Best if made a day ahead. Serve with a dark rye cracker or pumpernickel sticks.

webdeb said: Every year we do a pot-luck lunch at work and I decided to make these. They were a big hit, so I thought I would share. The great thing about bringing them is they are good warm and at room temperature.
Spinach Balls by webdeb
2 packages frozen chopped spinach
1 cup of Parmesan cheese – fresh grated (not shredded)
1½ tablespoons minced onion
2 eggs
2 cups of Italian seasoned croutons (small ones work best)
3 Tablespoons butter

Cook and drain spinach
Preheat oven to 375°
Mix spinach Parmesan cheese and minced onion in a large bowl
Crack 2 eggs into small bowl and beat to combine
Add egg to spinach mixture and stir
Add croutons in a layer over spinach mixture
Melt butter in microwave
Pour butter over croutons
Then mix croutons into spinach mixture
Roll mixture into 1 inch balls
Place on greased cookie sheet
Bake at 375° for 15 minutes

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali
Go San Francisco 49ers & GIANTS!!!

katkitty1281911263.1834730 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

CHEESE STICKS

2 cups sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 to 2 tablespoons dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 300ºF.

Blend all of the ingredients into a soft mixture.

Roll out the cheese mixture and cut it into strips. Place the strips on a baking sheet. If you want to be fancy, you can put the cheese mixture into a cookie press and press it out on to the baking sheet.

Bake a few minutes until lightly browned.

Last edited on 8/15/2010

Last edited on 8/15/2010

walker1281911824.9974009 PostsRegistered 5/6/2005

Missouri Granny...........go back on here a little bit and you will see a post titled "Dip....what is your favorite.....".....check it out........lots of good recipes there!

Missouri G­ranny1281912140.83373 PostsRegistered 8/6/2010

katKitty

I made cheese sticks this month (first time ever), and everyone loved them.. thanks for putting them on, maybe someone else could use it..

All of the others thanks for putting on your recipes, all sound GREAT.. I knew you would come thru...

Here is one I make that they all love..

Chestnut Bacon roll-ups

2 cans Chestnut (whole)

1 pound of bacon ( cut in half)

Roll small piece of bacon around Chestnuts and put toothpick into them to hold..

Put into Oven for 1 hour, then pour off grease.

The recipes says cook one more hour with BBQ sauce, BUT I put into crockpot on LOW and put BBQ SAUCE OVER THEM..

Before everyone gets around the table they are all gone, People takes more then 1 they love them so much..

Cookie _ Mo. Granny

Missouri G­ranny1281912388.8273 PostsRegistered 8/6/2010

Walker,

Will do that, I couldn't find any old listing, but just a few minutes I found them on New Threads.. I guess it will take me awhile to find everything on here..

Everyone has been great in helping me find my way..

Cookie_ Mo. Granny

katkitty1281912633.644730 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

Zwiebelkuchen (German Onion Tart)

Dough:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 cup or 2 sticks butter, cubed and cold
1/2 cup Cold Water
Pinch Salt

Filling:
1/2 lb Bacon diced (for vegetarian use just enough oil to coat onions)
4 Onions, sliced
1/2 tsp Caraway seeds
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 Egg yolks
1 1/2 cups Sour cream

Put flour in a large bowl, add the cubed chunks of cold butter and mix together, then add the water slowly while mixing till the dough comes together, till it is soft but try not to overwork it. There may still be chunks of butter in the dough, which is good.
Wrap in plastic wrap and chill. Spray a tart pan or other dish with cooking spray then line with the dough. Poke holes in the dough with a fork and chill.

Sauté diced bacon in a pan till crisp, remove and place on paper towel.

In the left over bacon grease sauté the onions until they are caramelized to a light golden brown color. Do this over medium heat making sure to stir occasionally so onions do not burn.

Add caraway seeds and salt and pepper.

Add bacon to the onion mix and place inside the dough lined pan, bake at 400 F for 20 minutes or until dough is lightly golden.

In a bowl mix egg yolks and sour cream. Pour over the onion bacon mixture and bake again for 10 to 15 minutes, until sour cream mixture is set. Remove from oven and let cool.

Cut into small squares or thin wedges for appetizer

Lisa_PHX1281913136.767409 PostsRegistered 1/27/2008

These were originally posted by Ties that Bind on this forum. She gave credit to Diana Rattray.

Crockpot Chicken Wings

12 to 18 chicken wings

1/3 c soy sauce

1 tsp. ground ginger

2 garlic cloves minced

2 green onions minced

1 TBS honey

2 tsp. oil:

Combine ingredients in slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Serves 4 people as an appetizer. Easily doubles or triples.

Lynneuk1281917756.8078260 PostsRegistered 11/3/2006

Get a bag of scoops tortilla chips.

Put a teaspoon of whipped cream cheese inside each scoop.

Then put a teaspoon of pepper jelly on top.

Really yummy, easy and everyone loves 'em!

Lynne

DiamondGir­ly1281920892.332486 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California

Here are a couple more that have bacon:

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies (Pioneer Woman's site)

Ingredients

• 20 whole Fresh Jalapenos, 2-3 Inches In Size
  • 2 cubes cream cheese, softened (4 oz or 8 oz?)
  • 1 pound thin (regular) bacon, Sliced Into Thirds

Preparation Instructions

If you have them, slip on some latex gloves for the pepper prep… Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane (the source of the heat; leave a little if you like things HOT). Smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half. Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/3 slice). Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle. (At this point, you can freeze them, uncooked, in a Ziploc bag for later use).

Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. You don’t want the bacon to shrink so much it starts to the squeeze the jalapeno. If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, just turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish it off. These are best when the jalapeno still has a bit of bite to it.

Serve immediately, or they’re also great at room temperature. You’ll love these so much, you’re gonna come out of your skin. Or something like that.

RUMAKI
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts (posted by Robin)
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
8 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
Directions
Marinate the water chestnuts in soy sauce for 1 hour.
Drain.
Roll each chestnuts in the brown sugar.
Wrap each chestnut with a piece of bacon.
Secure with a toothpick.
Arrange on a cake rack in a shallow baking pan.
Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.

NOTE: This can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator until ready to bake.
Robin (These are always a hit!)

PS...I went to a brunch one time where bacon-wrapped DATES were served, and they were a bit hit!! The salty/sweet taste gets people every time! - DiamondGirly

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali
Go San Francisco 49ers & GIANTS!!!

tiny 21281927767.35443 PostsRegistered 12/5/2007

Here is the Appetizer thread from 2009 Holiday on the recipe swap. I will have to do it in several posts. It is not allowing me to do it all at once. tiny 2

Mexican Dip
Spread the following on a round pizza pan.
1st Layer...2 cans bean dip
2nd layer...3 avocados mashed mixed with 2 Tbsp. lemon juice.
3rd layer....1 cup sour cream mixed with 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, and 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix.
4th layer.....1 bunch green onions, tops and all chopped, 1 can black olives sliced. 1/2 box cherry tomatoes, 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese.
Serve with tortilla chips.
From Candy Kisses

Rosalynn's Plains Cheese Ring

1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup very finely chopped onions
6 twists freshly ground black pepper
1 dash ground cayenne pepper

1 (12 oz) jar strawberry preserves
whole grain crackers or Melba toast

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, combine cheese with mayonnaise, chopped nuts, and onion. Mix in black pepper and cayenne, and blend thoroughly. Press in a 3 cup ring mold. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Dip mold into a pan of hot water for 15 to 20 seconds before turning out onto a serving platter. Fill center with strawberry preserves, and serve at once with whole grain crackers or Melba toast.

<em>Note</em>: I don't have a ring mold so I mold it by hand into a ring shape on a platter. This makes a pretty presentation at a gathering and is really delicious.

Servings: 6-8

Adapted from source: The White House Family Cookbook by by Henry Haller and Virginia Aronson.

--
gulfcoastms

This is the BEST dip ever. We eat it at work all the time...it's quick, easy and simple....

Corn Dip ouversab

1 pkg. Cream cheese (melted a little)
1 packet Ranch Dressing powder
1-2 cans Rotel (depending upon how many tomatoes you like)
1 can sliced black olives
1 can mexicorn (or I usually use Regular whole kernel corn)

Mix all together and put in crockpot on low

Serve with tortilla chips or crackers

This is soooo yummy! Enjoy!

***It reheats very well too....if you have any left over that is ***

Ham Cheese Ball dogluver2
8 oz. cream cheese softened
1 package Carl Budding thin sliced ham - chopped up very small
1 bunch of green onions chopped
1 small jar pimentos (optional)
Can add a little woo or tobasco if you like. I don't add either. Mix all ingredients together and serve with crackers. Gets better if you let it sit for a few hours before serving. Do let it soften a bit before serving.

Jalapeno Cheese Squares
4 Cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
4 or 5 jalapenos - seeds removed first then chop jalapenos
9 eggs beaten
Spray a square pan with Pam. Sprinkle chopped jalapeno peppers evenly on bottom of pan. Put cheese on top of peppers. Pour eggs as evenly as possible on top. Bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes - until set. Cut in squares.
Note: I'm not big on really spicy but these

itsworthalook

I have taken jars of whole cherry peppers, both hot and sweet, cut off the stem, scooped out the seeds (a small melon baller works well) then stuffed them. After you seed them, turn them upside down to drain for a bit.

Ham and cheese - either roll lunch meat (ham and cheese layered) and cut to fit the pepper, or julienne a thicker slice so it's long enough to stick out of the top of the pepper. These are surprisingly pretty (some jars have red and green peppers) and different! It's best to let folks know which are the hot peppers...

I've also used tuna salad, good but not received as well as the ham and cheese!

Love this thread!! Nice idea w/holiday gatherings in the offing. A couple easy ones that many have probably used: Connkitties

Jar of pepper jam poured over 8-oz. block of cream cheese; serve w/crackers -- always a hit.

Small jar of shrimp in cocktail sauce [little glass jar about 6-8 oz. and found in refrigerated seafood area of supermarket] --pour over or mix in w/8-oz. cream cheese. Serve w/crackers.

SPINACH ROLL-UP
2 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, drained well
1 c. sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise
2 bunches chopped green onion
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1/2 bottle bacon bits
5 burrito size tortillas

Mix first 6 ingredients. Roll in tortillas. Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight. Slice to serve.

SALSA CORN DIP
[always good for vegetarians]
1 8oz. cream cheese cut into cubes
1 pkg. [1.25 oz.] taco seasoning mix
1 c. thick and chunky salsa
1 [11 oz.] can Mexicorn [corn w/red & green peppers]

In a 1-1/2 qt. casserole combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover. Microwave on High 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Stir well. Stir before serving.
Serve w/corn chips. Makes 3 cups.

I went to a party last weekend and someone brought this dip. It's so easy and omgosh it's so good I almost drank it!

8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
4 oz. jar of hot pepper jelly (red or green)
cayenne, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Serve with crackers.

Qvc junkie

tiny 21281927937.58443 PostsRegistered 12/5/2007

CHEESEBALL.

10 oz. cheddar cheese (I use Cracker Barrel sharp)
2- 8oz Philadelphia cream cheese
2 tablespoons chopped onions
2 tablespoons chopped pimentos (I use red peppers)
2 tablespoons green peppers
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Dash of salt

Let cheddar cheese set out to get soft and mix in electric mixer until all cheeses are well mixed.....add onions, pimentos, green peppers and sauces and mix well. Chill for 8 hours then form in to 1 large or 2 smaller cheese balls and roll in finely chopped walnuts.

--
SuzyQ/Donna

Here are some that I like to serve, they are easy to make, and they are always gobbled up:
BB2

"Red Devil" Snacks

4-1/2-oz can devilled ham
1 large bar cream cheese
3 c pecans, chopped
Red food coloring, optional

Blend ham, cream cheese and coloring. Chill. Make into balls. Roll in chopped pecans.
Or serve in bowl with pecan topping.

Little Links

1 c brown sugar
3 T flour
2 t dry mustard, Coleman's is good
1 c pineapple juice
1/2 c vinegar
1 1/2 t soy sauce
(3) 5-oz pkgs smoked cocktail sausages*

In a skillet combine brown sugar, flour, mustard, pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil one min. Stir in sausages. Cook slowly 5 minutes or until heated through. Keep warm over low heat. Use food picks for serving. Makes about 3 dozen.

*I use one 14-oz pkg Hillshire Farms Beef L'il Smokies

Cook's note: I'm a believer in brand name products and not store brands for most recipes. This is one of them. The flavor we prefer comes with Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, Dole Pineapple Juice and Kikkoman soy sauce.

Crabmeat Delight for Choux Puffs

1 c crabmeat
1/4 c lime juice
3 oz cream cheese
1/4 c heavy cream
2 T mayonnaise
pinch salt
1 T minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t finely chopped chives
2 dashes Tabasco
1 t Worcestershire sauce

Marinate crabmeat in lime juice for at least 1 hr. Whip cream cheese and cream with electric mixer until smooth. Add mayonnaise and blend well. Add onion, chives and garlic. Fold crabmeat into the cream. Add Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce. Yield: about 2 c.

This is good any time and only 2 ingreidents. Of course you must like braunsweiger.

Braunsweiger Spread

1lb Braunsweiger
1/3 to 1/2 cup cocktail sauce
MIx together in food processer until smooth. Serve with choice of crackers and or party rye bread. RR

Autumn Cheese Spread Hannahgirl

Cream Cheese
Dried Cranberries
Pecans
Orange Zest

Combine and serve with crusty bread

Two of the simplest appetizers I have - simply using cream cheese and a sauce:

1st Version:
1 block cream cheese (8 oz.)
1 bottle Pickapeppa Sauce

Put cream cheese on serving dish and pour sauce over top and allow to run off the edges. Serve with assorted snack crackers. Provide a small knife to allow guests to spread onto crackers.

Second Version:
Same as above except use Fischer Wieser Roasted Raspberry Chapotle Sauce.*

*This sauce is expensive, but so worth it in taste!

CREAMY HOT ARTICHOKE DIP
1 CAN (14 OZ.) ARTICHOKE HEARTS (DRAINED AND CHOPPED)
1 CUP HELLMAN'S MAYONNAISE
1 CUP FRESHLY GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE (NOT THE KIND IN THE GREEN CAN)
1 CLOVE GARLIC FINELY CHOPPED

COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS. BAKE UNCOVERED AT 350 DEGREES FOR 25 MINUTES OR UNTIL HEATED THROUGH.

SERVE WITH SNACK CRACKERS OR RAW VEGETABLES

SALMON ROLL
1 CAN SALMON, DRAINED
3 OZ. CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
1 T LEMON JUICE
1 T CHOPPED ONION
1 T TABASCO SAUCE
1/4 TSP. SALT
1/4 TSP. LIQUID SMOKE
REMOVE BONE AND SKIN FROM SALMON THEN
MIX WITH REMAINING INGREDIENTS AND SHAPE AS DESIRED. CHILL
MEANWHILE, MIX 1/2 CUP FINELY CHOPPED PECANS WITH 3 T CHOPPED DRIED PARSLEY FLAKES. ROLL SALMON ROLL IN NUT MIXTURE. SPREAD ON CRACKERS FOR SERVING OR SURROUND SALMON ROLL WITH ASSORTED CRACKERS.

I KNOW SOMETIMES "CHEESE BALLS" SEEM TO GET "OVER DONE" WHEN SHARING RECIPES, BUT I'LL ADD MINE ANYWAY. THIS ONE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES AND I MAKE IT ANY TIME I NEED A SPECIAL TREAT OR APPETIZER. FOR WHATEVER IT'S WORTH, HERE GOES:

GARLIC CHEESE ROLL
8 OZ EACH OF THE FOLLOWING CHEESES
AMERICAN
SWISS
PIMENTO CHEESE (JAR (NEUFCHATEL) TYPE
CREAM CHEESE
1 JAR NEUFCHATEL PINEAPPLE CHEESE SPREAD
2 LARGE CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
1 1/2 CUPS CHOPPED PECANS
PAPRIKA (SPRINKLED ONTO WAXED PAPER)
SNACK CRACKERS

GRATE HARD CHEESES AND ALLOW TO COME TO ROOM TEMPERATURE OR UNTIL WELL SOFTENED. ADD JAR CHEESES AND CREAM CHEESE AND MIX VERY WELL. ADD NUTS AND GARLIC AND MIX WELL. ROLL INTO LOGS ABOUT 1 1/2 INCH IN DIAMETER AND 8-10 INCHES LONG. SPRINKLE WAXED PAPER WITH PAPRIKA AND ROLL EACH LOG TO COAT WELL. WRAP EACH LOG IN WAXED PAPER AND REFRIGERATE UNTIL FIRM. WHEN READY TO SERVE, SLICE THE LOGS ABOUT 1/8 INCH THICK AND SERVE WITH FAVORITE SNACK CRACKER. I ALWAYS USE RITZ CRACKERS. ALWAYS A HIT!

SHRIMP DIP
1 PKG SMALL SHRIMP
1 CAN CREAM OF ONION SOUP
1 LARGE BLOCK CREAM CHEESE (8 OZ.)
LEMON JUICE
HORSERADISH
TABASCO
SALT
RED FOOD COLORING
LET CREAM CHEESE REACH ROOM TEMPERATURE. COMBINE WITH SOUP USING HAND MIXER. ADD OTHER INGREDIENTS TO TASTE AND FOLD IN SHRIMP.

FESTIVE PUMPKIN DIP
1 SMALL PKG CREAM CHEESE (3 OZ.)
1/2 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
1 CAN PUMPKIN
1/2 TSP CINNAMON
1/2 TSP. NUTMEG
1/8 TSP. GINGER
1 CONTAINER COOL WHIP (8 OZ.)

BEAT CREAM CHEESE AND POWDERED SUGAR UNTIL WELL BLENDED. STIR IN PUMPKIN AND SPICES. FOLD IN WHIPPED TOPPING. SERVE WITH APPLE SLICES OR GINGERSNAPS.

Happy Entertaining!
Baxjaxmom

tiny 21281928297.367443 PostsRegistered 12/5/2007

These all look wonderful. Am busy copying them!

One thing I like to do is get some stuffed queen size green olives. Then I pull the pimiento out, and stuff with blue cheese. Always a big hit.
Riverrat--
I do the Braunschwager dip also, but I use mayo (real mayo) instead of the cocktail sauce and use it for chip dip. Sometimes I add a pkg of dry onion soup mix in it also.

cookinfreak

OMG we are getting such great recipes on this thread. Here is another of my favorites. You will have to trust me on this one. I swear it is not all that hot. I usually make 2 at a time.

Chili Cheese Log
1 8oz. pkg. grated american cheese
1 3oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbsp. Chilli Powder ( I use mild)

Have both cheese at room temperature, and mix until well blended.
Stir in garlic pd. and pecans. Form into a log about 10 inches long. Place chili pd. on wax paper or parchment paper, and coat the outside of cheese. Chill, slice and serve with crackers of choice. I use Ritz usually.
From Candy Kisses

I saw Mr. Food make this dip on TV this week and thought it looked really good.

MR FOOD'S CHILI CHEESE DIP

Chili Cheese Dip
6 to 8 servings

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup chunky salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (16-ounce) can chili beans, undrained
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1 (2.25-ounce) can pitted sliced black olives, drained (optional)
Tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and salsa, and spread the mixture in the bottom of the pie plate. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Spread chili beans over cheese then top evenly with remaining Cheddar cheese, the scallions, and black olives, if desired.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.

--
SuzyQ/Donna

This is from a Mr. Food Holiday Recipes book.

Creamy Crab Spread

2 8oz. pkgs cream cheese - softened
1/2 lb. imitation crabmeat - flaked
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 T. fresh chopped dill weed

In medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, mixing well. Spoon mixture into a 9" pie plate. Bake @ 350* for 25 - 30 minutes or til hot and bubbly

Gandmabuttons

Artichoke Tartlets

2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 cups (8 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Drain artichokes, reserving half of the marinade. Chop artichokes; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the cheese, parsley, reserved artichokes and onion mixture.
Fill miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 15-17 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.

Yield: 4 dozen.

Jerzee girl

This is a recipe I copied awhile back from Allison on HSN that demonstrates appliances.

Sausage Balls

1 ½ lb. roll Jimmy Dean brand mild or medium sausage or use home made
1 cup Bisquick®
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
Using the traditional beaters or the dough hooks of your mixer, combine ingredients until completely mixed.
Roll into 1" balls and place on a jelly-roll pan or cookie sheet.
Bake in oven at 375° for 10-15 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve hot or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.

--
SuzyQ/Donna

I was on the internet looking for a recipe for Puppy Chow and saw this recipe. Of course the title grabbed my attention.............

WHITE TRASH

1 cup Cherrios
1 cup corn or rice Chex or Crispex cereal
1 cup pretzel sticks
1 cup peanuts or cashews
12 oz. bag of vanilla baking chips or white chocolate chips
1 tbsp. vegetable oil or peanut oil

Combine cereals, pretzels, and nuts in a bowl; set aside.
Melt vanilla or white chocolate chips in the microwave or in the top of a double boiler.
Stir oil into melted chips.
Pour chips mixture over dry cereals mixture and stir gently to coat.
Press onto waxed paper and allow to cool overnight.
Break up into pieces before serving.

I may as well include Puppy Chow. This is for humans only. Dogs can not eat chocolate.

PUPPY CHOW

9 cups Chex cereal
6 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar

Measure cereal into large bowl, set aside.
Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a bowl, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 minute.
Stir; then microwave 30 seconds longer, until mixture is smooth.
Stir in vanilla extract.
Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring gently until cereal is covered.
Pour into large Zip Lock baggie; add powdered sugar and shake until well coated.
Store in Zip Lock bags or in air tight container in the refrigerator 18 servings sue-p

--

<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes;"> <td style="border-bottom: #e0dfe3; border-left: #636563 1pt solid; padding-bottom: 3.75pt; background-color: transparent; padding-left: 0in; width: 682.5pt; padding-right: 0in; border-top: #e0dfe3; border-right: #636563 1pt solid; padding-top: 0in; mso-border-left-alt: solid #636563 .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid #636563 .75pt;" width="910"> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;"> MissyC

I love all the recipes!

Greek Salsa

1 cucumber, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 small cans chopped black olives
1 pkg. Feta cheese (8oz)
½ cup white wine vinegar
1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 T Cavenders

Gradually mix EVOO into vinegar with a whisk, add seasoning, pour over veggies and mix. Refrigerate. Serve with pita chips.

Onion Soufflé
3 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
2 cups parmesan cheese (in bag-not can) (I use 1½c parmesan cheese and ½-1cup of mozzarella)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 package frozen chopped onions, thawed and drained

Place all of the ingredients in food processor. Pour into casserole dish. Bake in a 425°F oven for 35-45 minutes or until browned. Serve with tortilla chips, bagel chips and/or assorted crackers.

Shrimp Salsa

Serves 12 -15

2 pounds boiled shrimp, peeled, deveined
4 or 5 avocadoes, chopped
8 small tomatoes, seeded, chopped
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 green onions, chopped
2 to 4 jalapeno chiles, seeded, chopped
juice of 2 limes
1 jar cocktail seafood sauce
¼ cup ketchup
salt to taste

Combine the shrimp, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions,jalapeno chiles, and lime juice in a bowl and mix gently. Stir in the seafood sauce, ketchup, and salt. Chill, covered, until serving time. Garnish with whole chile. Serve with tortilla chips.

Taco Roll-ups
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup picante sauce
1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 tablespoon onion soup mix (I leave out)
8 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
Directions
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; stir in the cheddar cheese, picante sauce, olives, taco seasoning and soup mix.
Spread over tortillas; roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, cut into 1-in. pieces. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.

</td> </tr>

I posted this last year and everyone raved about it..
Pistachio Bread You Go Girl
1 yellow cake mix
1/4 cup water
4 eggs
1/2 cup veg. oil
1 small box Pistachio instant pudding mix (Dry )
1 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350, Grease & flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
Sugar Mixture:
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Mix sugar mixture in a small bowl, and set aside.
With a mixer, mix first 6 ingredients together until creamy.
Put 1/2 of the batter into each loaf pan, sprinkle 1/2 of the
sugar mixture, batter and sugar mixture.Bake for 45 min.
to 1 hour. or until toothpick inserted in center of each loaf tests done.

</tbody> </table>

Neiman Marcus Lemon Bars Clip

1 box lemon-flavored cake mix
1 stick margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup chopped pecans
Mix together and press into 9x13 inch greased and floured pan.

1 lb powered sugar
1 (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 eggs

Mix together, then pour over cak mixture. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour, or until it is golden and sides are releasing from the pan. When cooled cut into squares.

Frango Mint Cake
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can (1lb.) Hersey Syrup
1 cup + 1 Table. flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together and bake 30 min. at 350 degrees.

Topping #1
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup margarine
2 Table. milk
3/4 tea. peppermint extract
add 1 or 2 drops green food coloring
mix and spread on cooled cake.

Topping #2
1 cup chocollate chips
6 Table. butter
Melt slowly, let cool to touch. Spread on cake.
Regrigerate and keep covered, bring out 1/2 hour before serving.
I love to serve it with vanilla ice cream.

You’ve probably seen a lot of variations on this idea for a recipe. What makes this one different is the sour cream and horseradish. It is so good. This is one of those recipes that you never bring home any leftovers, and several people ask for the recipe. There are some notes at the end which might be useful in your preparation if you decide to make this.

Fresh Vegetable Pizza

(2) 8-oz cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 c sour cream
1-2 T prepared horseradish
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
2 c fresh sliced small mushrooms
1 c chopped green peppers
1/2 c chopped green onions
1 c chopped tomatoes*

Heat oven to 375 º F. Separate dough into four long rectangles. Place rectangles crosswise in ungreased 10 x 15 jelly roll pan; press over bottom and 1" up sides to form crust. Seal perforations. Bake at 375º F. 14-19 min. or until golden brown. Cool completely.

In small bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, salt and pepper; blend until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with vegetables. Cut in appetizer-size pieces. Refrigerate. 60 appetizers.

*Halve the tomatoes, scoop the seeds and juice from the pockets, then chop into
small pieces. This will keep the ‘pizza’ from becoming soggy, especially important if you have to make this in advance.

Note: I layer the veggies one at a time so that each piece will have all the vegetables, and all the colors will be visible, but for the holidays you could create a diagonal stripe effect that results in a Christmas green and red appetizer.

Especially for the 'little ones', of all ages:

Rudolph’s Antlers

1 c semi-sweet choc. chips
1/2 c butterscotch chips
3 oz can chow mein noodles
12 maraschino cherries, halved

Melt chocolate and butterscotch pieces together in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from heat.

Stir in chow mein noodles.

Using two teaspoons, on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet, shape about 1 T of the mixture in a v-shaped cookie about 2? wide to resemble antlers. Press a cherry half securely in the center of each. Repeat for remaining cookies.

Chill cookies on the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours or till cookies are firm. Store the antlers in the refrigerator in a covered container up to 5 days. 24 cookies

beebee

--
Edited by Beebee2 at 11/10/2009

A coworker gave me this recipe for her cheese ball in 1976 - I was 21 and after making it and bringing it to family gatherings - it's the only one that everyone agrees on!

Michelle's Cheese Ball

2 8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 8 1/4 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 T. diced onion
1 t. Lawrey's seasoned salt
1 small pkg. chopped pecans

Beat cheese until smooth. Add other ingredients, form into ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight

Tarsmom

I hope you guys like this one....everywhere I take it, people as for the recipe...

SWEET ONION DIP tesspoodle

3 cups chopped Vidalia onion…any sweet onion will do
3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 ½ cups mayonnaise
garlic-fresh or can use garlic powder….salt and pepper to taste

Serve with Italian Crustini, crackers or corn chips…..ENJOY!!!!

tiny 21281928730.22443 PostsRegistered 12/5/2007

Well a bit of strangeness happened with that last batch and I do not know how{#emotions_dlg.scared} so it could happen again...lol.

I haven't made these yet, but they sure sound good!

Rosemary Roasted Cashews itsworthalook
2003, Ina Garten, All rights reserved

Ingredients:
1 1/4 pounds cashew nuts
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon melted butter

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until they are warmed through. Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, pepper, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl. Toss the warm nuts with the rosemary mixture until the nuts are completely coated. Serve warm.

This recipe comes from Allrecipes.com. I have not made this yet but I love Ruebens. I've read through the reviews and many who commented on this recipe did some tweeking to the recipe. I think a dollop of horseradish mustard would be a great addition. Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Reuben Dip

Prep Time:4 Min
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:49 Min
Yield 12 servings

Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups shredded cooked corned beef
1/4 cup thousand island dressing

1.In a slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, corned beef and thousand island dressing. Cover, and cook on high for 45 minutes if you're in a hurry, low for longer if you're not, or just until hot and cheese is melted. Stir occasionally while cooking. Serve with cocktail rye or crackers.

--
Edited by jerzee girl at 11/14/2009 8:03 AM PST

--

Guacamole with Rotel

Creamy guacamole with diced, spicy tomatoes, green onion, a splash of lime juice and cilantro

Makes: 16 servings (2 tablespoons each) (LOL!)

2 large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Mexican Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, drained
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Tortilla chips or cut-up vegetables, optional

Mash avocados in medium bowl to desired smoothness and then stir in the drained tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice and garlic salt.

Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables, if desired.

--
gulfcoastms

Smoky, salty bacon enrobes a sweet, earthy date for a flavor combination that is irresistible. Serve hot from the microwave.

Bacon-Wrapped Dates

12 slices bacon
24 pitted dates

Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise. Place bacon on paper toweling on a microwave-safe plate; cover with another paper towel. Microwave on high 4 minutes.

Roll up each date in a piece of bacon, place bacon-wrapped dates on clean toweling on microwave-safe plate; cover with another paper towel. Microwave on high 2 minutes, until bacon is crisp.

Serve hot. Makes 24 appetizers or tapas.

--
gulfcoastms

These are a couple of recipes from the Kraft site. You can use this link to see the pictures and get more holiday recipes.

Kraft Foods Holiday Recipes

Holiday Cheese Truffles

4 doz. truffles or 24 servings, 2 truffles ...

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
2 green onions, sliced
1-2/3 cups chopped Pecans
SOCIABLES or other Savory Crackers

BEAT first 4 ingredients with mixer until blended. Divide in half. Add roasted peppers to half and onions to other half; mix each until blended.

REFRIGERATE several hours or until chilled. SHAPE into 24 (1-inch) balls. Roll in nuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve with crackers.

Kraft Kitchens Tips
Try these other coatings for these tasty truffles -- sesame seeds, chopped fresh parsley, paprika and your favorite shredded sheese.

Variations
Prepare as directed, using one of the following options: Festive Wreath: Alternately arrange different flavored truffles in a large circle on platter to resemble a holiday wreath. Create a decorative bow out of green onion strips. Use to garnish wreath. Cheese Logs: Roll each half into 6-inch log. Roll in desired coatings as directed.

Spiced-Cherry Cheese Ball

Makes: 3 cups spread or 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. sprea...

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese Spread, softened
1 pkg. (10 oz.) Vermont Sharp-White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup Pecan Pieces, toasted, finely chopped
RITZ Crackers

MIX cream cheese and Cheddar cheese until blended. Stir in cherries and spice. SHAPE into ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

ROLL in pecans just before serving. Serve with crackers.

Variations
Prepare as directed, using one of the following flavor options: Italian: Substitute 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for the Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes for the cherries and 1/2 tsp. each Italian seasoning and garlic powder for the pumpkin pie spice. Smoky Bacon: Omit pumpkin pie spice. Mix ingredients as directed, substituting 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese for the shredded CRACKER BARREL Cheese and 2 Tbsp. OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits for the cherries. Stir in 2 sliced green onions, then shape into ball. Herbed: Omit pumpkin pie spice. Prepare as directed, substituting 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for the Cheddar cheese and 1 clove minced garlic and 2 Tbsp. each chopped fresh parsley, fresh basil and chives for the cherries.

How to Wrap for Gift-Giving
Place cheese ball and knife on decorative platter or cutting board. Wrap with colorful cellophane and ribbon. After serving the cheese ball at the holiday party, the hostess will have a lovely gift to remember the occasion by!

--
gulfcoastms

These are really good and easy!

Applesauce Sausage Bites

2 lbs. little smokies (smoked sausage or kielbasa works too)
1 C. applesauce
2/3 C. brown sugar
1 sm. white onion - finely chopped

Combine applesauce, brown sugar and onion in a large baking dish. Stir in sausage pieces and toss to coat.
Bake, uncovered at 350* for 40 minutes. Stir once during cook time.

Can be made in a crock pot on Low for 3 hours.

GrammaButtons

This recipe is similar to another one that was posted but I thought I would post it because it has different flavors............

Taco Tortilla H'ordeurves

16 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. Taco seasoning mix
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 small can chopped green chili peppers
Chopped green onions, to taste
10 (10") flour tortillas

Cream together and spread on flour tortillas. Roll up tortillas and chill to firm. Slice and serve with salsa.
Sue-p/Susan

--
sue-p

C.K. what a smart idea starting this recipe. I've been out of pocket getting things ready for T.G....but I lv what you started here. SusieA

Yummy Appetizer Meatballs

2 lbs. ground beef
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
4 TBSPS steak sauce
4 TBSPS oil
2/3 cup steak sauce
4 TBSPS light brown sugar
4 TBSPS butter or margarine

Combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, and 4 TBSPS steak sauce. Mix well and shape into 1" meatballs. In a skilett, brown the meatballs in 4 TBSPS oil. Drain fat from skillet. In the same skillet, combine 2/3 cup steak sauce, brown sugar, and butter with the meatballs. Simmer, covered for 15 mins or until meatballs are cooked through.

Cheese-A-Rounds

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
White bread

Combine cheese, mayonaisse, and onion, Mix well. Spread on white bread slices that have been cut in quarters (Use about 1 tsp or more on each square.

Place on cookie seets and bake at 350 degs until lightly browned - careful though - they BURN REALLY EASY - think I learned this one the hard way??

Sweet and Sour Keilbasa

2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBSPS worcestershire sauce
6 TBSPS butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 TBSPS lemon juice
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1lb kielbasa

In a slow cooker set for low heat, mix ketchup, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, butter, onion, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper. Place the kielbasa in the mixture. Cook until the onions are soft or as desired

Cheese Puffs

Mix together following ingredients like pie dough. Then wrap around 25 stuffed green olives.

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine
Dash of red pepper or Paprika
1 TBSPS water

Wrap dough around olives and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degs for 15 mins. Stick toothpicks into each one when cool. They’re ready to serve.

tiny 21281929224.65443 PostsRegistered 12/5/2007

This is my family's favorite cheese spread - can't have Christmas Eve without it! The directions have you making it in a wreath shape, I have also used molds for it. The wreath is pretty though..... lilmissy

Holiday Wreath

2 - 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
10 slices of bacon, diced fine - cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup spring onions, sliced very fine - include at least half of the green stalk
pimientos and fresh parsley - either in the mixture or decorate the "wreath" with these

Mix the cream cheese and mayo, and add all the remaiing ingredients except pimiento and parsley. Chill the mixture in the fridge until cold.
Place a medium or small drinking glass in the center of a serving plate. Drop spoonfuls of the chilled cheese mixture around the glass, forming a ring or wreath, then lift the glass.
Decorate with pimiento and parsley springs. Chill until ready to serve.
I don't fiddle with the pimiento unless I add it to the cheese, just decorate mine with springs of parsley and make a little red bow from some festive ribbon and place on the wreath.
My family loves this bacon spread!
lilmissy

These are always a hit!

RUMAKI
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts Chicagoan

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
8 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
Directions
Marinate the water chestnuts in soy sauce for 1 hour.
Drain.
Roll each chestnuts in the brown sugar.
Wrap each chestnut with a piece of bacon.
Secure with a toothpick.
Arrange on a cake rack in a shallow baking pan.
Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.

NOTE: This can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator until ready to bake.

--
Robin

"IF MOMMA AIN'T HAPPY .... AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY

I acquired this recipe from a local community cookbook I bought when I lived in Ohio. I’ve made these one time and really enjoyed them. I would suggest making sure that the kraut is a smaller/finer cut and if you can find Woebles (sp) brands to use their mustard. Jerzee girl

SAUERKRAUT BALLS

1 pkg. (1 lb.) bulk sausage
½ cup chopped onion
1 can ( 27 oz.) sauerkraut
½ cup dry bread crumbs
1 pkg. (80z.) cream cheese (softened)
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons sweet and spicy mustard
Garlic salt and pepper to taste
Flour
2 eggs
Bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying

Fry sausage and onion, breaking sausage into small pieces, until sausage is browned. Drain sauerkraut and squeeze dry. Add to sausage mixture with ¼ cup bread crumbs, the cream cheese, parsley, mustard and salt and pepper. Mix well and chill overnight.
Place flour for coating balls in shallow bowl or pie plate. Place eggs and 2 tablespoons water in another shallow bowl- beating lightly to combine. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Shape sauerkraut mixture into small balls.
Roll in flour, then in egg, then in bread crumbs. Fry balls, a few at a time, in deep fat heated to 375° until brown. Drain on paper towels, then transfer to baking sheet with sides and bake in 375° oven for 15-20 minutes. Makes 4-5 dozen.

& Holiday treats

Nov 25, 2009 8:58 AM

Someone posted a recipe similiar to this last month. I think that poster used horseradish.
I was given a recipe for "Crabbies" many years ago. I've misplaced mine so I had to do a search to find this recipe again. I made the spread the other day, added a little horseradish and froze it in a container and will spread it on english muffins when I'm ready to use it. These are the Bomb ! yummy!

HELEN'S "CRABBIES" Crab Appetizers jerzee girl

1 small can crab meat
1 jar Kraft Old English cheese
1 T. mayonnaise
1/2 stick butter or margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. English muffins, halved

Mix all ingredients together and spread on muffin halves. Place on cookie sheet and put in freezer 1 hour; remove from freezer and cut each muffin into quarters. Bag and refreeze or, to serve: broil til golden brown and bubbly.
Note: you can use canned chicken, ham, tuna or salmon in place of the crab meat. If the can of meat contains a lot of water, drain it off. If frozen, you can bake in the oven - 350°-375°, 15-20 minutes or til bubbly.

Helen's crabbies recipe from our January 1999, Menu Minder publication.

ADDENDUM TO HELEN'S CRABBIES:
(published January, 2002, page 6) Instead of using English muffins, fill Athen's frozen philo dough cups with Hellen's crabbies mixture and bake 350° for about 3-5 minutes.

This is a delicious quick and easy recipe. Great for holiday brunches.

Fruit Dip
1 box of Vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 c. whipping cream (the kind that comes in a small milk carton)
1 tbsp of almond extract
Mix with mixer for five minutes. Chill and serve with fruit

By the way the Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce that Baxjaxmom mentioned is awesome. We put it over cream cheese and eat it with Stacy's pita chips. Luvstobake

I make this for friends and neighbors and it's always a favorite!

White Chocolate Popcorn
11/2 lbs.White Almond Bark
3 T. Peanut Butter

Dry Mix:
2 bags Microwave Popcorn (popped)
16 oz. jar roasted peanuts
3 cups Rice Krispies

2 cookie sheets covered with wax paper

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Melt the almond bark & peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Pour onto the dry mix. Coat well. Lay out on cookie sheets covered in wax paper. Can be put into the refrigerator to set up faster. After it sets up, crumble and store in large covered bowl.

I usually put this into nice containers and wrap with a festive bow or ribbon. It's delicious and everyone just loves it! Enjoy Bratt 1904

Appetizers & Holiday treats

Dec 4, 2009 10:24 AM

Southwestern Cheesecake This will serve 35 to 40.

11/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
4 Tbs. butter melted
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs room temperature
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Colby or Sharp Cheddar
1 can chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped yellow or red bell pepper
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
2/3 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup sliced pitted black olives
1/2 cup minced fresh jalapeno pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 325
Pulse tortilla chips in a food processor until finely crushed.
Combine chips and butter; press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Bake at 325 for 12 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and egg at low speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add shredded cheese and chiles, beating well; pour over prepared crust.
Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven,and let cool on a wire rack. Remove sides of springform and spread top of cake with sour cream.
Decorate with peppers, next 3 ingredients.
Serve with crackers or corn chips.

This cheese cake will freeze without toppings for 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 1 hour and 30 minutes before serving.

tiny 2

Cheese Straws

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 pound grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. cayenne pepper

1. Combine the butter and cheese in a food processor. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne and add to the food processor bowl. Pulse until the dough forms a ball. Turn out on waxed paper and roll into small logs. Wrap each log in the waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm enough to slice.

2. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking sheets or nonstick sheets.

3. Cut the dough into 1/4" slices and place 1/2 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 mins., until lightly browned. Cool completely before placing into airtight tins. Dough may be placed into resealable freezer bags and frozen.

I generally let the butter and cheese get very soft in large bowl and then I use my hand mixer. It's harder because this is so thick, but it works for me...I mainly end up using my hands. I also throw in a cup of finely chopped pecans. I make these at the holidays and often give as gifts in tins. I always have a roll or two on hand in fridge to make for us at home during holidays to have with drinks....so easy to slice and bake.

--
Edited by bow regard at 12/04/2009 12:39 PM PST

I'm glad you bumped this up, I didn't know this post existed
thank you..
SusieA
Buffalo Chicken Dip

2- 8 ozs of cream cheese softened
20 oz canned Chicken
3/4 cup hot sauce
1 cup Ranch dressing
1 1/2 cups shredded chedder cheese

Heat drained chicken in a pan, once chicken is hot add the hot sauce. Add in cream cheese and make sure it is mixed in well and melted then add the ranch dressing and cheese. Make sure all ingredients are mixed well and nice and hot. Take the mixture and put it into a crock pot and sit on the couch with a bag of tortilla chips and enjoy!

--
Bullies are miserable people, pray they find happiness.

Festive Ham 'N' Cheese Spread

2- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
2 TBSPS dry onion soup mix
1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
1 cup shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and soup mix until smooth. Stir in ham and cheese. Form into a ball or spoon into a plastic wrap-lined mold. Roll in parsley or sprinkle parsley on top.

--

PEPPERONI BREAD

1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
Flour
3/4 lb. sliced provolone cheese
1/2 lb. thinly sliced pepperoni
1 beaten egg

Roll pizza dough into a rectangle, approximately 10x15, on lightly floured surface. Cover dough with provolone, then with pepperoni. Carefully roll up bread (from the long side), seal edge and ends, and place in baking pan. Brush bread roll with beaten egg. Bake in 350 deg oven about 25 mins or until golden brown. Let sit 10-15 mins then slice thinly to serve.

--
Bullies are miserable people, pray they find happiness

<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes;"> <td style="border-bottom: #e0dfe3; border-left: #636563 1pt solid; padding-bottom: 3.75pt; background-color: transparent; padding-left: 0in; width: 682.5pt; padding-right: 0in; border-top: #e0dfe3; border-right: #636563 1pt solid; padding-top: 0in; mso-border-left-alt: solid #636563 .75pt; mso-border-right-alt: solid #636563 .75pt;" width="910"> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;">

Yummy Appetizer Meatballs

2 lbs. ground beef
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
4 TBSPS steak sauce
4 TBSPS oil
2/3 cup steak sauce
4 TBSPS light brown sugar
4 TBSPS butter or margarine

Combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, and 4 TBSPS steak sauce. Mix well and shape into 1" meatballs. In a skillett, brown the meatballs in 4 TBSPS oil. Drain fat from skillet. In the same skillet, combine 2/3 cup steak sauce, brown sugar, and butter with the meatballs. Simmer, covered for 15 mins or until meatballs are cooked through.

--

</td> </tr>

Be sure to wear gloves when de-seeding peppers..

SWEET AND HOT JALAPENOS

8 jalapeno peppers
8 oz strawberry cream cheese
8 slices bacon

Heat a smoker to 200 degs. Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds and veins. Rinse and pat dry. Using one piece of bacon, wrap around jalapeno, starting at the top and overlapping to the bottom then secure with a toothpick. Place on smoker, in a jalapeno rack, over indirect heat. Smoke 7-10 mins on either side until bacon is crispy, but not burnt.

Soften cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds. Spoon into pastry bag and pipe into jalapenos through the tops. Serve hot.

Notes: Don't add jalapenos to the smoker until coals are no longer flaming, but simply smoldering, to avoid burning.

--

</tbody> </table>

Date Ball
scchiki
8 oz softened cream cheese
8 oz chopped dates

Mix together and form ball. Roll into chopped pecans.

Serve with Ginger Snaps.
(If I need a larger one, I just double or triple the recipe

This is an oldie but a goodie and I make this all the time, it is so good that you can't eat just one....lol...well I can't SusieA

SAUSAGE BALLS

1 lb. hot sausage
1 lb. mild sausage
12 oz. sharp cheese (softened)
12 oz. mellow cheese (softened)
4 cups Bisquick

Mix all ingredients. Roll into small balls. Place on cookie sheets. Bake at 400 degs for 10-15 mins or until done (depends upon the size).

Best served warm.

--
Bullies are very miserable, unhappy people.
Always remember what goes around comes around.

PM

My contribution, I love that you can assemble, freeze and then bake when you're ready:

CHEDDAR OLIVES Golfmom

8 to 10 ounce jar of pitted green olives, either pimento stuffed or plain.
1 cup sharp Cheddar, shredded
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon cayenne (OR 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika or freshly grated black pepper to taste *)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Drain the olives well, and dry them completely with paper towels. Set aside.

Combine the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well until a dough forms. You can kneed it with your hands, if necessary, until it has the consistency of playdough.

Pinch off a small amount of dough, flatten it, and wrap it around a dry olive. Being careful not to squeeze the olive, pinch off any excess, then roll it in your hands until smooth. Continue until all the olives are covered.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. OR freeze, wrapped tightly, for up to a week. Bake straight from the freezer for 20 minutes.

Serve immediately.

*We prefer the cayenne, but in a pinch we've made it with the paprika and it was good as well! You just want a little something in there to cut the richness.

This is really good and is distinguished from other similar recipes by the little sharp bite that horseradish adds to the sour cream base. BB2

Fresh Vegetable Pizza

(2) 8-oz cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 c sour cream
1-2 T prepared horseradish
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
2 c fresh sliced small mushrooms
1 c chopped tomatoes
1 c chopped green peppers
1/2 c chopped green onions

Heat oven to 375 º F.. Separate dough into four long rectangles. Place rectangles crosswise in ungreased 10 x 15 jelly roll pan; press over bottom and 1" up sides to form crust. Seal perforations. Bake at 375º F. 14-19 min. or until golden brown. Cool completely.

In small bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, salt and pepper; blend until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with vegetables. Cut in appetizer-size pieces. Refrigerate. 60 appetizers.

I layer the veggies one at a time so that each piece will have all the vegetables, and all the colors will be visible. At Christmas it's easy to make it look like a red/green appetizer by layering the red tomatoes and green pepper bits at the top.

Missouri G­ranny1281970053.27373 PostsRegistered 8/6/2010

Thank ALL OF YA GUYS for the recipes...

I am so glad I asked for some recipes... They all sound GOOD...

Now, I will have some new ones for Christmas time too...

YA'LL are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie--- Mo. Granny

weight wat­cher1284749282.4768 PostsRegistered 7/13/2007

All of these appetizers look wonderful, I can't wait to write them down and get going. Thank you to everyone for giving up their best appetizers.

formallyjg1284755083.651641 PostsRegistered 5/7/2008

Tiny2....... I'm so happy that you reposted the appetizers, dips and spreads discussion from last year. I copied it but lost it in never-never land. I don't always get the chance to check the discussions. I'm so glad that this was revisited and I saw your post. Now I can recopy that discussion along with the other great recipes submitted on this post.

Thanks again, JG

ivey1284758496.1173139 PostsRegistered 6/25/2007

Stuffed Jalapenos Very Easy

Get a can of halved (vertically) jalapeno peppers that have been pickled in vinegar. They are usually mild and have been cleaned of all seeds. You could even rinse if you are worried about the heat. The brand I buy is San Marcos--but you can probably find them in the ethnic section of any grocery store.

Stuff with cream cheese and pecan pieces. That's it--but there are never any left, and the can is good sized and probably makes 4-5 dozen. It doesn't take long to get them stuffed. And very little clean up.

starsdanci­ng1284792568.7632088 PostsRegistered 3/8/2006

Lots of nice recipes. Thanks to all!

Page 1 of 2