Regular Contributor

BLT Chicken Salad-maybe a rerun to some.......

/></div> <div> </div> <div><span style=I had posted this last year but can't bump it up since comments are closed, so thought I'd repost it during the summer salad season-this is a winner, I promise.
I've been making this salad ever since the magazine it was published in arrived in my mailbox-it makes for one fantastic, deliously EASY meal.
What I really like to do is carry the flavor theme through and use grilled chicken coated with the same barbecue sauce as in the dressing. It bumps the barbecue flavor up nicely. This salad is a great home for leftover cooked chicken of all kinds-and it's great with leftover turkey too.

Another plus with this recipe is just about everything can be done earlier in the day. I make the dressing, cook the bacon and boil the eggs in the morning, the chicken is already cooked, so all that was need to do is give the lettuce a wash and spin in the salad spinner and slice a little red onion.

I don't measure the salad ingredients-I always put in the amount of tomatoes, red onion, bacon and eggs that we like. If it looks like there won't be enough dressing for the size salad I've made, the dressing is easy enough to double.

This is also a super dish to take to a get together......take a platter with this salad on it and you'll be a rock star at your next pot luck.
/><br/> <br/> <span style=BLT CHICKEN SALAD
(Source: adapted from Quick Cooking July/August 2000)

DRESSING:

1/2 c. mayonnaise (I use reduced fat mayonnaise)
3-4 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. black pepper

SALAD:

8 c. torn salad greens
1/2 c. sliced red onion
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (any leftover cooked chicken works great in this salad-leftover cooked turkey is wonderful in it too)
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
4 hard boiled eggs, sliced

For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, onion, lemon juice, milk and pepper; mix well. Cover; refrigerate until serving.

Place salad greens on a large serving platter. Sprinkle the top with red onion, tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with hard boiled egg slices.

Drizzle the dressing over top or serve dressing on the side. 8 servings.

/></span></div> </div>