TSV(R) Preview
27 Members and 12102 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Need a Recipe, angel food cake, strawberries and cool whip or whipped cream?

Started 1342148702.733 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1342245117.563 by doglover3

I made this a long time ago and made it in a 13 x 9 pan. I know I torn an angel food cake into bite size pieces. I know I used strawberries and either whipped cream or cool whip and maybe strawberry jello but not sure. I do know it is very good and great for this hot summer weather.

I have a lot of fresh blueberries and was hoping I could make this with them. What flavor jello(if you use jello) would I use to go with blueberries?

Does anyone remember or have this recipe? I know it is an old recipe but is very easy to make and tastes great. thanks ladies.

Page 1 of 1
Just Plain­ Crazy1342149833.985265 PostsRegistered 7/22/2009

Hi doglover3,

I don't know if this is the recipe you are looking for or not but I have made it several times and it is a keeper. It was shared on RS by berta 53.

Angel Food Cake Dessert By: berta53
2- ( small ) pkg. strawberry jello
2 ( 10 oz.pkg) frozen strawberries (whole or sliced - not in syrup)
2 T sugar
1 ( 10 inch ) angel food cake -broken up
1 small carton cool whip
Dissolve jello in 2 1/2 cups of boiling water.Stir in frozen strawberries & sugar.Cool until it starts to thicken.Fold in cool whip.Cover bottom of a 9x13 pan with half of the broken up cake.Pour 1/2 strawberry mixture over cake and repeat another layer.Chill for at least 5 hours or overnight is better.
JPC

SCHULTZI1342176621.55389 PostsRegistered 8/30/2009

Here is my recipe that I have had for year.

RAINBOW ICE CREAM CAKE

1 BAKED ANGEL FOOD CAKE { 10 INCH }

1 PKG. STRAWBERRY GELATIN

1 PKG. LIME GELATIN

1 PKG. ORANGE GELATIN

1 PKG. FROZEN STRAWBERRIES, PARTILLY THAWED

1/2 GALLON VANILLA ICE CREAM, SOFTENED

1-1/2 CUPS FROZEN BLUEBERRIES, PARTIALLY THAWED

1 CAN MANDARIN ORANGES, DRAINED

Cut or tear cake into bite size pieces. Divide into thirds;

place in 3 mixing bowls. Sprinkle dry gelatin over each cake

portion. { 1-lime, 1-orange, 1-strawberry } Toss each with

fork until cake is well coated. with gelatin. Arrange strawberry

cake pieces evenly on bottom of 10 inch tube pan. Spoon

strawberries over cake. Spread 1/3 ice cream evenly as possible

Make second layer lime cake pieces, blueberries and 1/3 ice cream.

Make top layer with orange cake pieces, mandarin oranges and

remaining ice cream. Freeze until firm. Garnish with additinal

strawberries, blueberries, oranges if desired.

Makes 16 servings.

Islandgirl­70321342178056.8512846 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007Savannah, GA

Strawberry Angel Food Dessert

1 (10 inch) angel food cake

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced

1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze

Crumble the cake into a 9x13 inch dish.

Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.

In a bowl, combine strawberries and glaze until strawberries are evenly coated. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill until serving.




forrestwolf1342201183.7376025 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

You can also use this recipe, and instead of a trifle, make it in a 9x13 pan.........Just use blueberries, and blueberry jello...........Cool

Strawberry Angel Trifle Recipe

Ingredients

1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix

2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin

3/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided

2 cups boiling water

5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained

2 cups heavy whipping cream

Directions

Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions; cool completely. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and 3/4 cup sugar in boiling water. Mash half of the strawberries; add to gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Slice remaining strawberries; stir into the gelatin.

Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the gelatin mixture. Repeat. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over gelatin.

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

doglover31342215388.989778 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/12/2012 Just Plain Crazy said:

Hi doglover3,

I don't know if this is the recipe you are looking for or not but I have made it several times and it is a keeper. It was shared on RS by berta 53.

Angel Food Cake Dessert By: berta53
2- ( small ) pkg. strawberry jello
2 ( 10 oz.pkg) frozen strawberries (whole or sliced - not in syrup)
2 T sugar
1 ( 10 inch ) angel food cake -broken up
1 small carton cool whip
Dissolve jello in 2 1/2 cups of boiling water.Stir in frozen strawberries & sugar.Cool until it starts to thicken.Fold in cool whip.Cover bottom of a 9x13 pan with half of the broken up cake.Pour 1/2 strawberry mixture over cake and repeat another layer.Chill for at least 5 hours or overnight is better.
JPC

Yes, this is it exactly. thank you so much

doglover31342215493.489778 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/13/2012 forrestwolf said:

You can also use this recipe, and instead of a trifle, make it in a 9x13 pan.........Just use blueberries, and blueberry jello...........Cool

Strawberry Angel Trifle Recipe

Ingredients

1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix

2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin

3/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided

2 cups boiling water

5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained

2 cups heavy whipping cream

Directions

Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions; cool completely. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and 3/4 cup sugar in boiling water. Mash half of the strawberries; add to gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Slice remaining strawberries; stir into the gelatin.

Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the gelatin mixture. Repeat. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over gelatin.

sounds very good and will try with my fresh blueberries, thank you. I do have a trifle recipe from a few years back that is very good, banana one.

doglover31342215555.2379778 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/13/2012 Islandgirl7032 said:

Strawberry Angel Food Dessert

1 (10 inch) angel food cake

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced

1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze

Crumble the cake into a 9x13 inch dish.

Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.

In a bowl, combine strawberries and glaze until strawberries are evenly coated. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill until serving.

Mine didn't have cream cheese but I do love cream cheese so will also try this one, sounds excellent, thanks

doglover31342215671.129778 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 7/13/2012 SCHULTZI said:

Here is my recipe that I have had for year.

RAINBOW ICE CREAM CAKE

1 BAKED ANGEL FOOD CAKE { 10 INCH }

1 PKG. STRAWBERRY GELATIN

1 PKG. LIME GELATIN

1 PKG. ORANGE GELATIN

1 PKG. FROZEN STRAWBERRIES, PARTILLY THAWED

1/2 GALLON VANILLA ICE CREAM, SOFTENED

1-1/2 CUPS FROZEN BLUEBERRIES, PARTIALLY THAWED

1 CAN MANDARIN ORANGES, DRAINED

Cut or tear cake into bite size pieces. Divide into thirds;

place in 3 mixing bowls. Sprinkle dry gelatin over each cake

portion. { 1-lime, 1-orange, 1-strawberry } Toss each with

fork until cake is well coated. with gelatin. Arrange strawberry

cake pieces evenly on bottom of 10 inch tube pan. Spoon

strawberries over cake. Spread 1/3 ice cream evenly as possible

Make second layer lime cake pieces, blueberries and 1/3 ice cream.

Make top layer with orange cake pieces, mandarin oranges and

remaining ice cream. Freeze until firm. Garnish with additinal

strawberries, blueberries, oranges if desired.

Makes 16 servings.

this sounds wonderful and a good way to use some of my fresh blueberries. Should be very good in this hot humid weather.

Sometimes I swear I can eat something like this when home alone(DH works 3 PM till 11:30 PM) and don't feel like making a meal for myself in this heat.

doglover31342215872.1139778 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

here are the banana trifle recipes I have from the ladies here that are very very good.

Mar 15, 2008 2:28 AM REPOSTED BY DOGLOVER3
LUCKYONE'S RECIPE It is delicious!


1 fourteen ounce can sweetened condensed milk (any brand will do.)
just make sure you do not buy evaporated milk.
1 1/2 cups cold water,
1 four serving size instant banana flavored pudding mix, 2 cups (1 pint) bordens heavy cream which you will use a mixer to whip.,
36 vanilla wafers,
3 medium bananas sliced and dip them into lemon juice from concentrate so they do not turn brown.

to assemble:==
in a large bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and the water. add the pudding mix and beat well.==
chill for 5 minutes in the refrigerator.==
whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl. then take the pudding mixture out of the fridge and gently fold in the whipped whipping cream.
I use a 2 1/2 quart glass trifle dish and place a bit of the mixture on the bottom then line the bottom and the sides with more vanilla wafers and spoon in the mixture and top with some sliced bananas. keep doing this until you end with the pudding mixture on the top and then add a few whole strawberries for garnish and a few vanilla wafers right side up.
Cover and chill for at least 5 hours. refrigerate any leftovers. this recipe is a little piece of heaven. hope you enjoy
REPOSTED BY HARI

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6 to 8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Last edited on 7/13/2012

Last edited on 7/13/2012

legsmanning1342217814.613183 PostsRegistered 10/5/2010SE Georgia

I make mine in a deep glass container: 3 or 4 qts of strawberries (sliced)

1 angel food cake (torn in Pieces)

1 Large container of cool whip

Berries it you have them

Cover the bottom with a layer of torn oieces of Angel Food cake, next a layer of strawberries, layer of berries if you have, then a layer of cool whip. Repeat until your dish is filled with a layer of cool whip is on top. Add a whole stawberry as garnish.

Do not use canned whipped cream!

doglover31342219370.279778 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

thank you, sure sounds easy and will try with my fresh blueberries. We have 3 blueberry bushes but only 2 are really producing the berries and this year is a bumper year. I am freezing most but still have a lot to use so really appreciate all these recipes. PS, also love strawberries and everyone has them on sale right now.

speaking of strawberries, has anyone grown their own. I have heard it is easy but have never tried it, anyone?

berta 531342231146.937369 PostsRegistered 4/17/2009

On 7/12/2012 Just Plain Crazy said:

Hi doglover3,

I don't know if this is the recipe you are looking for or not but I have made it several times and it is a keeper. It was shared on RS by berta 53.

Angel Food Cake Dessert By: berta53
2- ( small ) pkg. strawberry jello
2 ( 10 oz.pkg) frozen strawberries (whole or sliced - not in syrup)
2 T sugar
1 ( 10 inch ) angel food cake -broken up
1 small carton cool whip
Dissolve jello in 2 1/2 cups of boiling water.Stir in frozen strawberries & sugar.Cool until it starts to thicken.Fold in cool whip.Cover bottom of a 9x13 pan with half of the broken up cake.Pour 1/2 strawberry mixture over cake and repeat another layer.Chill for at least 5 hours or overnight is better.
JPC
Thanks Just Plain Crazy for sharing my recipe.I just made this for the 4th of July.Everyone loved it.

berta 531342231415.077369 PostsRegistered 4/17/2009

Thanks Just Plain Crazy for sharing my recipe with everyone. I just made this for the 4th of July.Everyone loved it.

Just Plain­ Crazy1342239847.4475265 PostsRegistered 7/22/2009
On 7/13/2012 berta 53 said:

Thanks Just Plain Crazy for sharing my recipe with everyone. I just made this for the 4th of July.Everyone loved it.

You're more than welcome berta. I have made it several times and it is well received. Thanks for your original post and sharing it with RS. Glad I was around then to get the recipe.

Have a great weekend

JPC

Just Plain­ Crazy1342239913.355265 PostsRegistered 7/22/2009

Hi doglover3,

Glad this was the recipe you were looking for. It is well worth making. Glad I could help out.

Have a good one

JPC

doglover31342245117.569778 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

yes, is exactly what I was looking for. I must have gotten this from Berta when she posted it on RS before. I do know everyone loved it when I took it to a dessert party.

Page 1 of 1