Better Than Black Friday
91 Members and 16477 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Pioneer Woman Recipe

Started 1267592583 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1267935680 by Taurian 55
Hello RS Ladies-------I went to the Pioneer Woman recipe site and DH and I made the Marlboro Man's favorite sandwich today........
Dripping with butter and onions and worchestershire sauce.....we had swiss cheese on the buns too...Pretty good....Next time I will substitute some beef broth for some of the worchestershire (sp) sauce.......
UH, not for those who are afraid of butter....uses 2 sticks.....Not something to eat everyday......But good stuff......
PLEASE no jumping on my butt about the butter I am not Paula Dean!!!!.......:-D
--
(T55 T56 T57)

(T55 T56 T57)

Page 1 of 1
Bamagirl12675953691055 PostsRegistered 4/26/2005Alabama
I also like The Pioneer Woman recipe site. I recently discovered Southernplate.com. Christy Jordon lives in AL and uses pictures on most steps in her recipes. She also puts out an email. Today's email recipe was for Peach Cobbler Muffins. Her receipes are mostly southern, passed down from her mother and grandmothersl Her recipes are not low cal but she dosen't use as much butter as Paula Deen!

Bamagirl

matoseven1267596950692 PostsRegistered 5/20/2007
Hi, T, so good to see you.
I won't jump on your butt if you don't lick your fingers.

formallyjg12676181571641 PostsRegistered 5/7/2008
Good morning Taurian 55... This sandwich was a topic of discussion recently. I posted it for another RS member. For those not familiar with this recipe I'll repost:
The Marlboro Man Sandwich
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 4
Ingredients
1 whole Large (or 2 Small) Onions
2 sticks Butter (lots And Lots Of Butter)
2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Cube Steak (tenderized Round Steak That's Been Extra Tenderized)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or Similar Seasoned Salt)
½ cups (approximately) Worcestershire Sauce
Tabasco Sauce, To Taste
4 whole French/deli Rolls (earthgrains Are Best!)
Preparation Instructions
Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry's.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
Add 1/2 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!

10sluvr12676238312062 PostsRegistered 12/17/2006
i have tried several of her recipes and they are all great. i will try this one soon. i got her book as a christmas gift and really enjoy her writing style and food. it helps that i love butter! a couple of the recipes i have tried are the cinnamon rolls and cheesy olive bread and baked beans.

helpme 91112676241421215 PostsRegistered 9/2/2006Oklahoma
I to have tried some of this websites recipes, they have some pretty awesome dishes to make
--
A short pencil is better than a long memory.

mollys mom1267630828851 PostsRegistered 11/1/2008MA
Hi Taurian,
I made the Marlboro Man's sandwich a couple of months ago. They are delicious! Dixon's mom had posted the recipe...I didn't even hear of Pioneer Women till then. I love the site.
No, jumping here...I Love Paula Deen, no matter how much butter she uses! :^O

Star~12676370333544 PostsRegistered 8/3/2007GA Peach
Hi, T55. I haven't tried her sandwich yet. But, it sure looks good.
Have you tried her comfort meatball recipe? OMG! You must try it - so good!

*✰˚ ♥ ˚ ★*

daybrowser­inal126763788518 PostsRegistered 7/15/2009
Hi Bamagirl
I just had to check out the Peach Cobbler Muffin recipe.I copied it and hope to try it soon. I will also be checking out
more of her recipes.
Many thanks from this Bama girl.
Connie

dixons mom1267650891433 PostsRegistered 11/15/2008
hi everyone
this is a really good sandwich although I didn't use all the butter called for in the recipe
I only used small " pats " of the butter with each step when I finished I had only used less than 1/3 of a stick of butter
I know it would have been good with the butter
I just couldn't make myself use all it called for in the recipe :_|
eta/ thanks bamagirl for the peach muffin recipe site , I've copied and can't wait to try those
--
Edited by dixons mom at 03/03/2010 12:16 PM PST

Last edited on 3/3/2010

chihuahua0212676656881870 PostsRegistered 3/15/2008
I'll have to make that recipes. Sounds great. I love the PW website. BTW..... I have no problem with using a lot of butter. I look at it as keeping the dairy farmers of America in business.

formallyjg12676756871641 PostsRegistered 5/7/2008
Waving at Dixons Mom & Molly's Mom....
I can't remember who had started the intitial post/question on that recipe. I had just found the recipe a few weeks prior while snooping on PW's site. When I saw the interest I fiqured I'd post; the more recipes the better
My Father is a picky eater and does not eat meat, so I have to always readjust recipes for just me to eat :_| Glad to hear all the positve reviews on this recipe. Can't wait to make it.

jazmin1267822812201 PostsRegistered 10/19/2008
Bamagirl, I just made the Peach Cobbler Muffins and they are so good. Easy to make and my husband thinks they are the best. I also added chopped walnuts in mine. She is a lot like Pioneer Woman with her stories and recipes. Just love both web sites.

mollys mom1267892092851 PostsRegistered 11/1/2008MA
Hi Bamagirl, I made the Peach Cobbler Muffins too, only I put it in a 9x13" pan and made it more like a cake. It was just how jazmin said...so good! I usually have to ask my husband for his opinion on a new dish. This one took no prompting.....he said it was really good. I think the next time I will add the peach juice from the can of peaches, instead of using all of the oil.
Thankyou for sharing the website!

Just Plain­ Crazy12678976385373 PostsRegistered 7/22/2009
Bamagirl,
Thanks for this great website. I love PW and now have bookmarked this one too and gotten on her email list for updates.
Both of these are great sites.
And welcom to RS. Glad you joined in. Great place to get recipes but better yet, great place to find new friends. :-)
JPC

Taurian 5512679351573229 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007
> Hi, T, so good to see you.
> I won't jump on your butt if you don't lick your
> fingers.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh, matoseven!!!!!! How I miss you..:-(:-x.....I was so glad to see this...SORRY it took so long to get back...........
I hope You and the Family are doing great........PLEASE come by on the boards sometime again soon and post........
All the Best to You My Friend.........{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}
I do lick my fingers!!!! for fried chicken.....YUMMMMMMmmmmmmm.......:-D
--
(T55 T56 T57)

(T55 T56 T57)

Taurian 5512679356803229 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007
> Hi, T55. I haven't tried her sandwich yet. But, it
> sure looks good.
>
> Have you tried her comfort meatball recipe? OMG!
> You must try it - so good!
~~~~~~~~~~Stacy~Star~~~~~~~~~~~~:-x
I haven't tried the meatballs.....I will make them next week sometime......If you make those sandwiches us a bit of beef broth instead of all the worcheshire (sp).....It need to simmer a bit..if not sometimes its chewy......You know how unpredictable some cube steaks are.....BUT they are really good........We will make them again......{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}
--
(T55 T56 T57)

(T55 T56 T57)

Page 1 of 1