TSV(R) Preview
108 Members and 11628 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Ham in pressure cooker

Started 1333647926.12 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1333735281.177 by forrestwolf
replies

Forrestwolf, is your recipe on here? What size ham, flavorings and time per pound, please.

Page 1 of 1
forrestwolf1333668446.466012 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

I really do not use a recipe.........I just decided one day to try it one day, and have not baked a ham since...........I usually get a shank ham, as they are cheaper, and I just eye it to see if I think it will fit in my pressure cooker (8 QT oval), either with large end down, or sideways.........I have cooked up to a 10 lb ham or more........I have used Dr Pepper/Diet Dr Pepper, and I have just used a bit of chicken broth if I want to cook rice in the juices after (in the pressure cooker, while the ham rests), or you can do traditional pineapple and brown sugar and cherries, or honey and mustard brushed on it with just a bit of broth in the bottom, or any glaze you prefer.........The ham is already cooked, and I just put it in the pressure cooker for about 45 minutes or an hour for a very large ham.........It stays so moist and flavorful..........I am sorry I can not give exacts, as I do not cook with exacts, but this makes a really wonderful ham.............Cool

Here is a site you might want to look at and read more precise directions........{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

http://missvickie.com/howto/meat/ham.htm

Last edited on 4/5/2012

Last edited on 4/5/2012

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

Zhills1333731575.7171284 PostsRegistered 11/15/2011

I should have known that great cooks don't use recipes! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Thanks for the information. I have visited Missvickie's site
but don't remember seeing ham. Your suggestions sound
wonderful. I'm gonna try it!

forrestwolf1333735281.1776012 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

Good luck............{#emotions_dlg.w00t} If you use just chicken broth, then you must try the rice cooked in the juices, while your ham is resting..............Cool Hope you found the ham on Miss Vickie's site that I posted for you...........{#emotions_dlg.blush}

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

Page 1 of 1