Back-in-Stock Fashions
24 Members and 13007 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Freeze Oranges or Cuties for Orange Cream Smoothie

Started 1328930293.507 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1329414130.38 by bow regard
replies

I use the VitaMixer to make my smoothies.

Peel Oranges or Cuties, pull them into pieces, and put into a freezer bag. Freeze your oranges or Cuties into 2 cup size to use later in smooties.

ORANGE CREAM SMOOTHIE

2 Cups frozen Oranges

1 cup Milk or Almond Milk

1 cup plain Yogurt

5 teaspoon raw sugar

Put all together in a VitaMixer on the highest setting until thoroughly blended.

Enjoy !

"From the mundane to the profound. You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul. That tale will move them & drive them & who knows what they might do because of it, because of your words."

Page 1 of 1
Nightowlz1329037246.7639737 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Yum sounds good. I did not think you could freeze oranges or cuties. I have lots of cuties in the refrigerator I use in smoothies. I will have to try this with some agave instead of sugar. Thanks for sharing.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

onewhiteSp­arrow1329107752.5839947 PostsRegistered 8/5/2011

I started to freeze some of the Cuties I use for my smoothies because we buy at Costco and they come in a large bag. I peel the amount I use in my smoothie and put into the bag, and freeze. Now its easy, and fast to make the smoothie in the mornings.

I also use the Agave. Good stuff.

Last edited on 2/12/2012

Last edited on 2/12/2012

"From the mundane to the profound. You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul. That tale will move them & drive them & who knows what they might do because of it, because of your words."

aprilskies13292202254806 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005

You know I make banana, strawberry and blueberry smoothies, but never thought to freeze oranges. I didnt know you could either. hmmmm. But I guess why not, right. I will now have to pick up some oranges. I havent made a smoothie in awhile. This sounds delis. Thanks for the idea.

SRose1329355884.9547 PostsRegistered 1/18/2005

I do just about the same thing. I wait until the cuties or satsumas, etc., go on sale. Then I wash and peel them. I break them into thirds and lay them so they don't touch on a cookie sheet with a silicone liner and put them in the freezer for around 2 hours. Then I dump them into a resealable bag and put them back in the freezer to pull out when I make a vitamix smoothie each morning. I do this for individual seedless grapes, too. Much nicer than ice cubes{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

bow regard1329414130.383713 PostsRegistered 4/16/2009...the Long & Winding road.....

Great advice....thanks! Didn't realize that anything citrus was freezable. I've got some honey tangerines I can do this with now.....they make great smoothies too!

Page 1 of 1