Mallemo posted these.
Found this on David V.'s Facebook page. Just in case anyone is still looking for it.
A lot have you asked about the ice-cream recipe for the Ninja, so here's the recipe for Strawberry Ice-cream. You can substitute with Peaches or any frozen fruit instead of Strawberries.
1 ½ cups plus ½ cup of milk
¼ cup, heavy whipping cream
¼ cup sugar
1 cup frozen strawberries
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Combine 1 ½ cup milk, cream, sugar. Stir and dissolve sugar. Fill one 16 cube ice cube tray with mixture. Freeze for at least 3 hours (or until solid)
2) Place ice cream cubes in Ninja, add frozen strawberries, vanilla, ½ cup of milk. Pulse, 10 to 15 secs. Until smooth and creamy.
Peaches & Cream Ice Cream - as demonstrated by Bob Warden on "In the Kitchen with David"
Used in a Ninja with a 40 oz. bowl:
**Note Bob usually has the custard made prior when he's demonstrating it on air, or you can use milk too**
9 oz frozen peaches (or any berry you desire)
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
To make custard:
1. Place the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt into 40 oz bowl and blend together until smooth.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the cream until steaming. DO NOT BOIL.
3. Pour about one-half cup of the cream mixture into the egg mixture and blend for about 10 seconds
4. Pour this mixture slowly into a saucepan with the remaining cream, stirring in slowly to combine.
5. Bring the mixture to a very low simmer and stir for about 3 minutes, until smooth and thick.
6. Remove from the heat and chill for several hours in refrigerator.
7. After mixture has cooled, add frozen peaches to 40 oz bowl and then pour in custard.
8. Pulse for approx. 8-10 seconds to break up the peaches, then hold down the pod for 30 seconds.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers