New Holiday Decor
47 Members and 16326 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

ANY recipes for Chef Ramsay's Low-Pressure Pressure Cooker???

Started 1290469262.487 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1290558411.237 by twin776
replies

Just received it today!!!

Would anyone be willing to share some recipes (esp. the ribs he made on-air), if you have any? {#emotions_dlg.blush} He only included 4 with the cooker!

I've never used any kind of pressure cooker before. And, in researching, I've found that all the books and online recipes are for 'regular' pressure cookers.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I would love to be able to try Gordon's (and your) recipes, as well as adapt my own. BUT, I don't have the times & temperatures. The chart that was included in the little 'Use & Care' book is, well, let's admit it, pretty lame...lol {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

So, if anyone would be so kind...

Thanks so much!...and Happy Thanksgiving!

Page 1 of 1
GinaBoBina1290520139.153 PostsRegistered 11/23/2010

I am having this same problem. I'm not a good cook and this seemed great. I care for my 83 year old Mom and I would love some additional recipes. Thank you

MrsPeep1290549868.45310 PostsRegistered 11/20/2010

Hi GinaBoBina! (GREAT name!!){#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My mother named Shirley was 'Shirley-Burly-Bo-Burly-Banana-fanna-fo-furly... for a LONG time.

About some 'Gordon' recipes --- I guess no one loves us, no one cares, no one gives us peaches & pears ---or Low-Pressure Pressure-Cooker recipes.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Maybe, after Thanksgiving, I'll post this again and perhaps we'll have better luck...

Whaddya say?!?!

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to you & your Mom! (& the rest...){#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Make some good memories!

MrsPeep1290550545.21310 PostsRegistered 11/20/2010

Hi GinaBoBina!

I just got this on another thread that I had written on...we know most of this BUT it was so nice of her to answer...it's a start!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

MrsPeep,

First, welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy your time here and post often.

I don't know if it comes with a recipe book per se but there are five recipe cards that come with it and there should be enough information to give you some insight how long something will take.

Since it relies on low pressure a liquid is necessary (I would start with at least 1 cup for most recipes). Total cooking time will be reduced by 1/3 to 1/2 depending on what is being cooked. The best part of the low pressure cooker is that you can open the lid to check what you are cooking at any time and once the lid is locked back on pressure will return almost immediately. At any time you can add seasoning, ingredients, liquid, or just check the progress of your dish.

Learning to make adjustments with the low pressure cooker is easy. The first time you do a recipe you will quickly see what steps to take and how long. Next time you do that recipe it will seem natural.

Hope you enjoy your low pressure cooker and don't hesitate to come back and ask any questions you have.

ETA: The instruction manual is available here on Q. Just go to the product and next to Gordon's picture are three links. One is for the instruction manual. Just click on it and it will open so you can read it.

Last edited on 11/20/2010

Marp1290553050.77713480 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western NC

MrsPeep and Gina, I posted the following on the Kitchen and Food Forum in response to a post but am repeating it here for your convenience. Please don't feel ignored or left out. If you aren't getting responses to a post after a while just reply yourself to "bump" the post up to the top. It is possible it just wasn't seen by anyone that can answer your question.

Hope you both continue to post and share often.

Gina,

Welcome to the boards. If you do a search on pressure cooking recipes you will get a ton of listings. Most will be written for high pressure cookers but the only real change you need to make to the recipes is cooking time; you will have to add 20-30% more time.

Most of your conventional recipes can also be done in the low pressure cooker. Just be certain you maintain enough liquid to produce steam and decrease your cooking time by 40-50%. One of the big advantages of low pressure cooking is that you can open the pan and check to see if your food is done or to add ingredients. With the low pressure cooker once you put the lid back on pressure comes back up almost immediately.

A dog chasing his tail eventually bites himself.

twin7761290558411.2371 PostsRegistered 11/23/2010

I just got mine today and I got 5 cards. Not the one for the ribs tho. I hope we can find some more for the low pressure pot.

Sorry

Page 1 of 1