Just-Reduced Clearance
78 Members and 15746 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Side dishes for stuffed peppers?

Started 1290436705.273 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1290650624.817 by SophiaMarie

Good morning, all! I was wondering if anyone serves side dishes with stuffed peppers. I can't think of anything. It has a meat, vegs, a starch. Maybe carrots?

Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts! Smile

Page 1 of 1
Marell91290436962.63576 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I always have whole kernel corn.

misspammie1290437058.0612133 PostsRegistered 3/14/2010now in Virginia

I'm a potato person big time!!! and always have mashed with mine.

"jus' sanwiches and milk"

mtee1290437135.063411 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I like Mac and Cheese when I have Stuffed Peppers!

depglass1290437413.62723401 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

When I need what I call a plate filler, I serve cottage cheese. DH loves it.

luv2drive1290437751.717223 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007

Thanks for all your suggestions! I like and have thought of all these.

Glad to know my thoughts run the same as others along this line! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

JYWilliams1290438706.4973101 PostsRegistered 10/7/2009Kentucky "The Blue Grass State"
On 11/22/2010 misspammie said:

I'm a potato person big time!!! and always have mashed with mine.

Same here

GoodStuff1290439054.5614302 PostsRegistered 11/11/2008

A crisp mixed green salad with a cool, creamy dressing like Ranch or Thousand Island. And some crusty bread.

csv3201290439173.2736724 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007

Do you need a side? You have protein, (the meat), carb (the rice in the meat), and a veggie (the green pepper). When I make them we have some good crusty bread with it and that's all.

kitkom1290444904.7975646 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I'm having stuffed peppers for dinner tonight and plan on serving with a salad with toasted garlic bread! Smile

"Happiness is Lake Charlevoix!"

luv2drive1290445561.167223 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007
On 11/22/2010 mj198 said:

Do you need a side? You have protein, (the meat), carb (the rice in the meat), and a veggie (the green pepper). When I make them we have some good crusty bread with it and that's all.

When it's just me and DH, thats all we need, for just the same reasons you mentioned. This time my sons will be at the table and they will definitely want more! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} They won't think they've eaten if they only have the "one" item on their plates, regardless of how many items are in it!

I also like the idea of salad and garlic bread. Yum!

csv3201290446595.946724 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007
On 11/22/2010 luv2drive said:
On 11/22/2010 mj198 said:

Do you need a side? You have protein, (the meat), carb (the rice in the meat), and a veggie (the green pepper). When I make them we have some good crusty bread with it and that's all.

When it's just me and DH, thats all we need, for just the same reasons you mentioned. This time my sons will be at the table and they will definitely want more! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} They won't think they've eaten if they only have the "one" item on their plates, regardless of how many items are in it!

I also like the idea of salad and garlic bread. Yum!

Well for your boys, make mashed potatoes and then all the good juicy stuff in the pot, they can make a "well" in their mashed potatoes and pour the sauce from the pot on their potatoes. I'm very hungry for stuffed peppers now, but hubby doesn't like them. :-( (yes, I know I can make meatballs separate and he can just eat those, no peppers)

Thingamajig1290447355.3671960 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

I usually serve a green salad, and bread of some kind, but sometimes I make creamed peas with it. I find that combination very satisfying.

Cook31290521682.3531 PostsRegistered 11/23/2010

I always have a baked potato with mine.

springers1290613343.9136718 PostsRegistered 8/27/2008so cal

What do you add to the rice/beef mixture (spices/tomatoe sauce/etc)?

Last edited on 11/24/2010

Last edited on 11/24/2010

Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy-think on these things.

house_cat1290650293.2677454 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

Garlic bread would be the side of choice for them in my house.. and btw, if anyone wants to make them meatless, I make my mom's old traditional recipe but I replace the meat with the Morningstar Farm's Hamburger Crumble that comes in a bag in the freezer section. I don't think anyone would know the difference if you didn't tell them your secret.


>^..^< house cat

SophiaMarie1290650624.8176732 PostsRegistered 3/17/2010

I love all the ideas... Salad and garlic bread is always good..... I like the corn idea too....

If making the peppers in a tomato sauce, rice is another good side dish.... Or egg noodles....

Page 1 of 1