TSV(R) Preview
16 Members and 8353 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Looking for a Easy Homemade Apple Pie Recipe. Please Help :)

Started 1289225798.83 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1289312984.517 by Woodsy Woman

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but I have copied some great recipes {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. I am going to attempt my first apple pie on Thanksgiving and need a foolproof recipe please. I would love to make a great impression rather than upset bellies {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Thank you to all who respond and have a great Monday !!!!

~~ The world is a wonderful place and everyone should shut up and enjoy it every once in a while. ~~

Page 1 of 1
Just Plain­ Crazy1289260409.3235274 PostsRegistered 7/22/2009

Hi RachaelJ,

First of all WELCOME to recipe swap. Glad you stopped in. You came to a great place. Hope you stop in again.

I have copied a few recipes from RS for apple pie and will be glad to share. I haven't tried any of them cause Mr. Crazy doesn't care for apple pie.

this 1st one, I don't have the name of the one that share it, forgot to write that down when I 1st started here.

Apple Crumb Pie

8 small apples (i.e. jonathan)
1 recipe plain pastry
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping;
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mix topping ingredients together until crumbly

Directions
Peel apples and cut into sections. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples and arrange in pastry lined piepan. Top apples with topping mixture. Bake in 400 degree preheated oven for 40-50minutes.

Apple Pie (EASY) By: Ties

6 c. sliced apples
3/4 c. milk
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. Bisquick
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs

Mix apples with all ingredients. Make streussel topping with: 1/2 c. chopped nuts 1/2 c. brown sugar 3 tbsp. butter
Mix until crumbly and pour over apple mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, until nice and brown.

Apple Pie By: Stacy~Star

Ingredients

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 to 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (I used Granny Smith)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg white
Additional sugar

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.

Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.

Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.

Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.

Hope these will help you out.

JPC

H

Last edited on 11/8/2010

Last edited on 11/8/2010

Dachsie1289261151.452607 PostsRegistered 6/4/2006

Search the web for "impossible apple pie"

You will find several recipes.

You just mix it up and put it in a pyrex or ceramic pie dish and bake it. The baked item forms its own crust. I think you use Bisquick with this recipe.

chucky1289261388.5234478 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005State of the 2010 and 2011 National College Baseball Champions

Hey, Rachel!

You want easy? Go to Cracker Barrel. They make the best Apple Pie...just warm it up. YUM! And they have the best pecan pie I have ever eaten! Delicious!!!!

Everything is freshly made too! They make everything there from scratch. The pies are so good.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Chicky in the house!

Pook1289262672.0033804 PostsRegistered 5/5/2007

Swedish Pie

Fill a pie pan 2/3 full of peeled, thinly sliced apples (5-8).

Sprinkle with mix of about 1/3 cups each of brown sugar and white sugar and toss a little.

In a bowl combine 3/4 cup melted butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup flour, 1 beaten egg,

1/2 cup of chopped pecans and a pinch of salt.

Spread evenly over apples.

Bake 350 for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.

The top is like a pie crust and the apples are not runny and you can cut it nicely.

You do not need the nuts if you don't want them.

Brabls1289262792.52314740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

Freezer section-Mrs. Smith's Deep dish apple pie.

I am not a baker.

makingmemo­ries1289263668.993607 PostsRegistered 8/12/2008Hou., Tx

Apple Pie by Grandma Ople 3,398 Review 5 stars

Ingredients

• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
  2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
  3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Pie-by-Grandma-Ople/Detail.aspx

makingmemo­ries1289263879.82607 PostsRegistered 8/12/2008Hou., Tx

Perfect Pie Crust

Ingredients

• 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups shortening
  • 2 egg yolks

Directions

1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Cut in Crisco until pea sizes form.
  2. In one-cup measuring cup, beat egg yolks and add COLD water to fill entire one cup. Add to the mixture. Do not overmix. Divide into thirds.

I cheat every now and then and buy the pre-made one by Pillsbury. I hope ya'll dont shame me for that one.

LilBitMiss­ty1289263915.116007 PostsRegistered 12/15/2009Washington State

RachelJ..hi and a big WELCOME to RS! The following is a recipe from Mr. Food. I have made it and it is good and easy. I don't use the frozen shells though..I make my own. Also, I slice the apples, not just quarter them (just my preference). But anyway..here's the recipe:

<form id="articleAverageRatingForm" action="/ratings_process.php" accept-charset="UNKNOWN" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" method="post" name="articleAverageRatingForm"></form> <!-- end articleAverageRatingForm -->
<!-- end addToMyBoxFeedbackDiv --><!-- end ratePrintAddDiv -->
Piled-High Apple Pie

Apple pie is an all-American dish that's served everywhere from four-star gourmet restaurants to mom-and-pop diners. Not only is it a restaurant classic, but it's a great-tasting homemade family-pleaser, too.

<!-- end articleAttrSection -->

Serves: 6

Cooking Time: 55 min

Ingredients
  • <sup>3</sup>/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
  • 1 1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
  • 8 medium baking apples, peeled, cored and quartered
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated folded pie crusts
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, flour, 1 tablespoon butter, the lemon juice, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; toss to coat the apples well.

3. Unfold 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing the crust firmly against the plate. Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust, then place the remaining pie crust over the mixture. Trim and pinch the edges together to seal, fluting if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in the top.

4. Melt the remaining 2 teaspoons butter and brush over the top of the crust then sprinkle with the sugar mixture.

5. Bake on a cookie sheet for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
Notes

Baking the pie on a cookie sheet minimizes oven cleanup if the pie should happen to bubble up out of the crust.

Worrying is like rocking back and and forth in a rocking chair. It gives you something do to, but gets you nowhere!

makingmemo­ries1289264057.5607 PostsRegistered 8/12/2008Hou., Tx

Perfect Pie Crust: yields 3 pie crusts

Woodsy Wom­an1289274532.24227 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007

Hi Girls !!!

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and the great recipes. I have so many to try now yummy.

Hi Chucky,

We don't have a Cracker Barrel so I'm out of luck but it sure sounds good.

Brabls,

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Thank you all again, I will report back with the results.

~~ The world is a wonderful place and everyone should shut up and enjoy it every once in a while. ~~

AnikaBrodie1289277743.03715242 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008The NE state of mountains and valleys

RECIPE: FRENCH APPLE PIE

Filling:

1 cup granulated sugar (or ½ cup granulated and ¼ cup Splenda)

¼ cup cornstarch

1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

¼ tsp. ground cinnamon

pinch of salt

5 to 6 cups thinly sliced apples (Macs, Cortland, etc.)

Topping:

1 cup flour

1/3 (+/-) cup butter (or margarine)

½ cup brown sugar (or ¼ white and ¼ brown)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt into bowl.

Stir in apples. Pour ingredients into 9" unbaked pie crust.

For topping, mix 1 cup flour with 1/3 (+/-) cup butter. Add ½ cup sugar (brown and/or white) and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over the filling. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Then reduce to 300 degrees for another 5 minutes.

~~~The Silver Fox ~~~
“... We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason..." (Anonymous)

hungarian41289278192.3031423 PostsRegistered 8/28/2010

thanks to all....

Thingamajig1289303088.781960 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

Rachel J,

Welcome to Recipe Swap!Smile

I looked for the Impossible Apple Pie that Dachsie suggested. It looks so easy, I'm going to make one myself.

Below are links to two sites that have the recipe. I think Bisquick was the creator, but, if you read the reviews on Allrecipes.com, you'll get a lot of good tips!

If you make this one, Good luck! (But, I don't think you'll need it.)

Impossible French Apple Pie on Allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/impossible-french-apple-pie/Detail.aspx

Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie on Bisquick.com:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-french-apple-pie/7f79f7f1-cbf7-4866-86e2-0054e53d7f2f

Woodsy Wom­an1289312984.5134227 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007
On 11/9/2010 Thingamajig said:

Rachel J,

Welcome to Recipe Swap!Smile

I looked for the Impossible Apple Pie that Dachsie suggested. It looks so easy, I'm going to make one myself.

Below are links to two sites that have the recipe. I think Bisquick was the creator, but, if you read the reviews on Allrecipes.com, you'll get a lot of good tips!

If you make this one, Good luck! (But, I don't think you'll need it.)

Impossible French Apple Pie on Allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/impossible-french-apple-pie/Detail.aspx

Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie on Bisquick.com:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-french-apple-pie/7f79f7f1-cbf7-4866-86e2-0054e53d7f2f

Good Morning !!!

Yes, I will be trying the Impossible Apple Pie that Dachsie suggested. I went online last night and found one on cooks.com. It sounds so easy and delicious, I did read that a poster suggested a 9x12 deep dish rather than a pie plate. I'm excited to give it a try yummy !!!

Page 1 of 1