The Joy of Christmas
37 Members and 14803 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Sausage-Stove Top-Puff Pastry Appetizers

Started 1285440751.217 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1285517279.613 by formallyjg
replies

I was recently at my niece's birthday party and someone made these delish apps made from Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets, Stove Top Stuffing Mix and breakfast sausage. The woman just told me the ingredients, but not the exact measurements. If someone has this recipe, would they be willing to please share it with me. They were out of this world. I could not stop eating them!!! Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
Brabls1285441285.514740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

bump

DiamondGir­ly1285442014.7832434 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California

Have you tried googling a search for this? I searched, and since I don't know the ingredients, it was tough to figure out which one you are looking for..haha..

Good luck!

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali
Go San Francisco 49ers & GIANTS!!!

coffee dri­nker1285442375.451228 PostsRegistered 7/17/2009
On 9/25/2010 DiamondGirly said:

Have you tried googling a search for this? I searched, and since I don't know the ingredients, it was tough to figure out which one you are looking for..haha..

Good luck!

Yes, I googled for the recipe and so many variations came up. I did not find one recipe that included all the ingredients I mentioned. Some had stuffing mix without sausage, some sausage without stuffing mix. Some used 1 sheet, others 2 also with different ingredients. I tried the Pepperidge Farm web site, Stove Top site. Maybe I should just experiement and have fun eating all the mistakes.

Katharita1285443685.6236650 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008Hooterville, Texas

These look good!

http://www.puffpastry.com/recipedetail.aspx?recipeID=24072

http://homecooking.about.com/od/appetizerrecipes/r/blapp105.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrowmindedness."- Mark Twain ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chuckr1285450356.691162 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008Denver area

You could be more descriptive, or give some extra clues:

Were they individual, "bite-sized" balls, squares, triangles?

Were they slices from a loaf, like the photo in the link?

Were they individual logs, 2 or 3 inches long?

Were they open-faced rings, enclosed by the puff pastry?

Were they dusted with Parmesan cheese?

Was anything green in the filling?

Were there red chunks of anything?

Did you taste bacon or mushrooms? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

whispy1285454093.651531 PostsRegistered 8/2/2009

Sausage & Stuffing Criss-Cross Pastry - Pepperidge Farms

http://www.puffpastry.com/recipedetail.aspx?recipeID=24072&rc=-1

Ingredients

1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
2 eggs
1 tablespoon water
1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
1 cup Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 cup chopped mushroom (about 3 ounces)

Directions

Heat the oven to 375°F. Beat 1 egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.

Mix the sausage, stuffing, remaining egg, onion and mushrooms in a large bowl.

Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut slits 1-inch apart from the outer edge to the fold mark on each side of the pastry sheet. Spoon the sausage mixture down the center of the pastry. Starting at one end, fold the pastry strips over the sausage mixture, alternating sides, to cover the sausage mixture. Place the pastry onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture.

Bake for 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the sausage is cooked through. Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

TIP Tip: Serves 8 as an appetizer.

My Notes: Some commentors added pecans instead of mushrooms and others added spinach. Someone suggested using hot sausage for more zip.

whispy

DiamondGir­ly1285457980.692434 PostsRegistered 9/7/2009Sunny California

Thanks for that recipe, Whispy!

I see this recipe has the seasoned stuffing mix; I haven't seen any recipes with Stove Top Stuffing Mix in them that use the puff pastry... I'd think this one would work, if it has all the rest of the ingredients...

Hmm...Coffee Drinker, Maybe ask your niece's Mom if she can get the recipe for you? :) You could always share it here, too..haha.

Sorry...I'll search some more; if I find it, I'll post it here! :)

Buon Appetito!!
Glori in Cali
Go San Francisco 49ers & GIANTS!!!

coffee dri­nker1285506336.6431228 PostsRegistered 7/17/2009

Thank you all for your suggestions and time. Whispy's sounds like it although I did not taste any mushrooms or onions in the recipe. They could have been deleted. And Katharita, I will check out those sites.

FYI, when my niece gets back from vacation, I will ask if she could get the actual recipe from her friend so I could post it here.

Thanks, again.

formallyjg1285517279.611641 PostsRegistered 5/7/2008

Here are 2 links that I have bookmarked for my own reference. They have many Phyllo recipes for appetizers, desserts, entrees, etc.

http://www.athensfoods.com/consumers/recipelist.aspx

http://www.phyllo.com/community/viewforum.php?f=35

JG

Page 1 of 1