I love Cheryl's cookies but they are expensive. Does anyone have a recipe, including frosting, that comes close to these? Thanks so much in advance. docsgirl
Hi there - I did an online search, and there were a few to choose from.
Here are two recipes I found at this website:
One Recipe for Cheryl and Co Sugar Cookies - Copycat Recipe
Bakery Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter or butter Crisco
2 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
a few tablespoons of milk as necessary
Cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer.
Add egg, vanilla and baking soda. Add flour one cup at a time. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until dough is of rolling consistency. Roll out and cut into shapes (roll thick). Bake for 6-7 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet on top shelf of oven at 400 degrees. (Cookies will look undone on top). Cool and frost.
4 T. softened butter
2 c. powdered sugar
a few T. milk to make frosting spreading consistency
Beat butter in a mixing bowl and add powdered sugar gradually.
Add milk and beat until frosting is a good spreading consistency.
After frosting cookies, sprinkle immediately with colored sugar.
* 6 egg yolks
* 4 eggs
* 2 cups butter, softened
* 2 1/8 cups white sugar
* 7 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon hot water or as needed
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Cover dough and chill for at least one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on to the prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. To make frosting, mix together the confectioners' sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. gradually add enough hot water to achieve a spreadable consistency.
Glori in Cali
Go San Francisco 49ers & GIANTS!!!
Thank you so very, very much. You sure did go above and beyond and I deeply appreciate it. I'll let you know how they turn out when I get a chance to make them. Thank you, again. God bless. docsgirl
Great topic, docsgirl, and GREAT answer Diamondgirly!
Thanks a bunch to both of you!
9/27/2010 Concerning Cheryl's Cookies. I would like to know if anyone has a copycat recipe for the sugarfree version? Especially the Frosting!