Share the Love
74 Members and 14949 Guests Online

Q News

what happened to Lisa Mason .. is she gone ??

Started 1293894675.403 in Q News | Last reply 1294741753.573 by marygray
replies

Happy new year everyone! now can someone tell me what happened to Lisa Mason? I heard a caller say to say hello to her ...I did see her one night with one of the sterling designers and she said it was the last time they would do a show together but I thought maybe he wasnt coming back.. whats going on ??

Patti

Page 1 of 1
Beebo1293895069.3876958 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

She left in mid-December to pursue other interests. It seemed like she was just ready to move on, but I think it is a big loss for QVC....their best host IMO.

Chatypaty1293895371.237375 PostsRegistered 2/25/2007Baltimore ,Md
On 1/1/2011 Beebo said:

She left in mid-December to pursue other interests. It seemed like she was just ready to move on, but I think it is a big loss for QVC....their best host Than

Thanks so much, did they do anything for her as a goodbye? Or just have her end her show as usual.. I am sorry I missed it .. she will be missed

Patti

AngelLove21293973622.422529 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

They rolled out a big cake at the end and Jane T said she made it. I don't think she left the Q on good terms. She has written a book. Would think the launch would be on QVC, but it is not. I am sure the Q knows what a loss she is to them. I don't even watch anymore.

karabeth1293995157.77339 PostsRegistered 9/6/2009

Lisa's last show was I believe on Dec 14 or Dec 15 from 5:00pm - 7:00pm. It was a diamonique show. She was very emotional and there were callers throughout the show wishing her the best such as Chaz Dean, Mally, Laura Geller, Jackie Gonzalez and others. Lisa talked alot about the book she had written and was getting ready to launch. The book is a collection of short stories relating to Lisa's deep faith.

I just happened to tune in didn't know Lisa was leaving and was shocked. A big loss for QVC.

karabeth1293995501.7239 PostsRegistered 9/6/2009

Just remembered that Lisa encouraged viewers to keep in touch with her on her website:

http://lisamason.org/

Raider Fan1294212801.5134215 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009SF Bay Area

Karabeth, I wish I had done the same. I knew she was leaving. I must have been busy or I surely would have watched. I will certainly miss her. I think Sandra B. is the closest to how Lisa M presented products so I suspect that Sandra will be working more than she did. To me, Sandra is the Q's best undescovered asset (undescovered by them). It really upsets me when someone I really love leaves and I did love Lisa M. Sugar...as I live and breath I will miss her. I think there are a lot of young cute things bopping around the Q. I am sure they are grooming Amy for PM Style and that is such a wrong choice. No one likes to hear that high, young, perky voice for more that an hour and those of us who are not a size 0 will not identify when she tries something on. The host of PM Style should be, as Lisa is, at least a 6 or an 8. I like Nancy H better but she's in the middle of the night. I guess the totally passed over Shawn who is, of course, the best choice but I think a lot of you don't like her would be my choice. So, how about we put our weight behind Sandra Bennet for the next PM Style host? Or, Shawn? Not cute, little Amy with the high voice and one can't identify with her. JMHO

Common sense is not so common. **Voltaire**

jasbel1294425041.3172388 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008
On 1/5/2011 Raider Fan said:

Karabeth, I wish I had done the same. I knew she was leaving. I must have been busy or I surely would have watched. I will certainly miss her. I think Sandra B. is the closest to how Lisa M presented products so I suspect that Sandra will be working more than she did. To me, Sandra is the Q's best undescovered asset (undescovered by them). It really upsets me when someone I really love leaves and I did love Lisa M. Sugar...as I live and breath I will miss her. I think there are a lot of young cute things bopping around the Q. I am sure they are grooming Amy for PM Style and that is such a wrong choice. No one likes to hear that high, young, perky voice for more that an hour and those of us who are not a size 0 will not identify when she tries something on. The host of PM Style should be, as Lisa is, at least a 6 or an 8. I like Nancy H better but she's in the middle of the night. I guess the totally passed over Shawn who is, of course, the best choice but I think a lot of you don't like her would be my choice. So, how about we put our weight behind Sandra Bennet for the next PM Style host? Or, Shawn? Not cute, little Amy with the high voice and one can't identify with her. JMHO

NancyH is growing into her role as a program host, but has had a rough start. Her expertise is in Jewelry and does a really good job presenting it.

Shawn is not a good choice for PM Style, her fashion sense is a little off beat and not geared towards the masses. Also she cannot present clothing w/o saying she is an XS or XXS. If you dont like Amy because she is petite then Shawn will drive you crazy.

I get the feeling Sandra Bennett prefers shifts that do not interfere w/her family time. I understand that and respect that. I remember when she was on overnights and commenting how she got home in time to see her daughter off to school.

If I were to pluck someone to co-host PM Style it would be Gabrielle. She was a nice sense of style. She is come a long way in terms of her range and expertise. She is very good at explaining the products and is always very nice to everyone she works with from the experts to the callers.

Having said that, Amy's role as social media cohost suits her. For now I think the show is fine just the way it is.

Amaly1294425111.083415 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008

Yep, gone.

marygray1294741753.5747973 PostsRegistered 5/8/2005

Her last day was Dec.14th or 15th. She was exceptionally happy to get back to her first and true love, TV journalism. She didn't want a big send-off from the Q. Especially since she was overjoyed to be leaving and returning to her previous career.

Her book will be out in mid-February. The publishers don't launch books on QVC. Someone here said it was a book of short stories. Funny? Wonder who told them that. Lisa never said a word about short stories when we talked at length about it.

The couple has already been doing a lot of dining out with Michael O'Connor (Affinity Diamonds) who lives two blocks from them, and Laura Geller who lives two blocks in the other direction from them. She and Gino will be staying in their Manhattan apartment where they have been living ever since she became a show host.

I'm telling you, she is about to burst with pure joy and happiness and I wish them both a great deal of happiness !

She is one fine lady !

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "

Page 1 of 1