TSV(R) Preview
161 Members and 12364 Guests Online

Q News

IS LISA MASON LEAVING QVC

Started 1292101396.077 in Q News | Last reply 1301611717.193 by Troubledog

IS LISA MASON LEAVING QVC? SHE MENTIONED SOMETHING TODAY DURING THE B MAKOWSKY SHOW. IF SO, WHAT ARE HER NEW PLANS?

Page 1 of 2
Marni1292101573.8175 PostsRegistered 9/11/2005

I wondered the same thing and thought I'd check here to see if something was posted. I really hope she is just leaving for vacation.

vgnett1292101593.5775 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010

She mentioned at the end of the B Makowsky show that her final good-bye would be Tuesday at 5. I agree that it sounds like she is leaving. I will miss her. She is a classy lady and has always been one of my very favorite hosts. I wish her the best!

cocoJag1292101757.057242 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008

I heard her say it was the last show she would ever do with B Makowsky.....so I did a search on here and there are several discussions saying she is leaving....I wish her well. She seemed very upBeat

Margie T1292102278.53 PostsRegistered 12/11/2010

Lisa Mason is one of the very few hosts that I still watch -I am truly sorry that she is leaving

lyn in MI1292102415.0524349 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 12/11/2010 DEN427 said:

IS LISA MASON LEAVING QVC? SHE MENTIONED SOMETHING TODAY DURING THE B MAKOWSKY SHOW. IF SO, WHAT ARE HER NEW PLANS?

I don't think she has made an official announcement, but rumor has it she will be returning to news broadcasting.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Rosemary71292102674.10715 PostsRegistered 7/19/2010

I truly hope that Lisa is not leaving QVC. She is one of my favorites. If she is leaving I wish her well and I know she will be successful in anything she does. We will miss you Lisa.

carba1292102681.36358 PostsRegistered 11/14/2010

Her last show will be next tuesday at 5pm, thats what she said today on the BM hand bag show, she also added that it would be the last time we see her.

southernga­l21292102875.7239 PostsRegistered 12/4/2010

I checked out her blog post and several people made comments that they had heard her on the air saying that she was leaving. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I will miss you Lisa Mason! I wish you the very best in life!

a fellow southern gal pal

http://community.qvc.com/blogs/QVC+Hosts/topic/128545/lisa-masons-gift-favorites.aspx

Loraleigh1292103026.0771 PostsRegistered 8/19/2010

I AM SORRY TO HEAR LISA MASON IS LEAVING QVC.

I TRULY WISH HER THE VERY BEST IN HER JOURNEY AND WILL MISS HER SO

VERY MUCH.

LISA, YOUR PERSONALITY IS AWESOME AND YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Last edited on 12/11/2010

Last edited on 12/11/2010

madcity4111292103050.3174496 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007
On 12/11/2010 lyn in MI said:
On 12/11/2010 DEN427 said:

I don't think she has made an official announcement, but rumor has it she will be returning to news broadcasting.

Why would she do that?!!? Makes NO sense, unless she it going to replace Katie Couric or someone like that. Other than a position like that, broadcasting is a lousy, low paying job.

manny21292103591.491780 PostsRegistered 3/11/2009

What I don't understand is why some posters are hoping its not true, she said the 14th is her last day, its true!

rgonzy1292103941.3072 PostsRegistered 12/11/2010

I heard her say that too at the end of the B.M. show. I'm bummed...she is one of my favorites. I'm sure she is moving on to bigger/better things though. I wish her well.

leslieflor­ida1292105459.461 PostsRegistered 12/11/2010

Check out www.lisamason.org and read her blog. l am sure she'll update it soon.

palmajo1292111894.7037474 PostsRegistered 10/22/2007

I heard her say to BMak that this would be her last show with him. I think Lisa is just going on to bigger and better things!!

"The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart"

lunatune1292112161.641206 PostsRegistered 9/16/2010

yes, i caught the tail end of her show today & she indeed confirmed that she will say her final goodbye on Tues. @ 5 pm. i'm sure she'll do well in whatever endeavor she pursues & i am certain QVC will leave a door open to her if she ever wants to return, which i doubt. doesn't strike me as the type to look back. she's movin' on & Godspeed to her. one class act, that Lisa Mason. i'm sure she'll keep in touch.

sunshine451292112344.01739989 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

Hello, Good Bye
Audrey Laine

After 15 years at the Q, Program Host Lisa Mason has decided to return to her first love: news broadcasting. What prompted Lisa to make this decision was a question many of us may have asked ourselves at some point in our lives: What does the future hold for me?

“I came to the realization that I’d done everything that I could’ve possibly done at QVC,” says Lisa. “You kind of come to a jumping-off place where you either continue on the path which is fulfilling but not necessarily as challenging as you’d like, or you step into another career path. So it looks like my life will return to my former love and I’ll be heading to New York City.”

Lisa Mason’s straight-talking style has a way of drawing you in and making you feel as though you’re right there with her, trying out Mally’s latest eyeliner. She’s compassionate, yet punchy; salt of the earth, yet sweet. All of these qualities make Lisa the perfect addition to any TV newsroom.

Lisa was an anchor, talk show host and producer for public broadcasting station KETA in Oklahoma City prior to joining QVC. Over her 15 years as host, she’s aced the art of rolling with it. “With any new job, you’re more uptight when you begin and are not certain of yourself. I wouldn’t say that I’m certain of myself, but I’m relaxed enough to make a mistake. So when I do, I just move on. And I enjoy the experience much more because I don’t take myself so seriously.”

In the early days, friend and mentor Mary Beth Roe gave Lisa the best advice: just be prepared. “Being ill-prepared is probably the worst thing you can do at this job,” Lisa stresses. “You really can’t wing it. You have to know the truth before you say it.”

When asked why she thinks people relate to her so easily, Lisa chalks it up to staying on topic. “I’ve always tried to never make the presentation about myself or my interests. The description of the item solely and purposefully has to be focused for the understanding of the viewer. That is the job. It’s really less about self-promotion and more about understanding the item.”

Lisa’s built countless friendships at the Q, and two pals in particular are just a couple blocks away from her Upper East Side home—Laura Geller and Michael O’Connor. Other influential people include hosts Leah Williams and Jayne Brown, both a continuing source of support. Lisa fondly remembers making a “Let It Snow” music video with Jayne. After recording and arranging their vocals, the pair spent an astounding 12 hours at the shoot. “It’s one of my favorite QVC memories. It was a long day, but it was really super fun. Jayne’s a great singer.”

Many of Lisa’s most cherished moments have been on air with viewers. “What’s always been so meaningful to me Is when a viewer calls in, let’s say during a Diamonique® show, and their story becomes very personal—either the loss of a spouse, a challenging time, recovery from an illness. These are some of the stories people have shared, which they didn’t have to but chose to.”

It’s not surprising that customers feel like they know Lisa, and she considers this the biggest compliment. But there are some things people may not know, such as how she’s training for a half marathon and holds a license in real estate investment. “My husband Gino and I have bought and sold numerous properties since 2000. Our rule of thumb is we only buy what we would be willing to live in. We buy it, hold it, live in it for a year and a day and sell it. It was fun, but those days are kind of over.”

Sounds like Lisa and Gino will be calling Manhattan home for more than a New York minute.

Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind. - author unknown

MicheleMar­ie1292161438.546 PostsRegistered 8/6/2008

I'm VERY sorry to see Lisa go. She is such a sweet lady. I enjoy watching her shows, even when I'm not interested in the products, I still watch because I enjoy listening to Lisa.

That is not the case with many of the new hosts! I'm sorry to see the direction QVC is taking with their new hosts. Amy, Nancy, Jonathan and Gabrielle! While they seem to be very nice people, I cannot stand to listen to them due to the tone/pitch of their voices. Way too shrill. They may be able to sell a product but not if I can't stand to watch. I've written multiple emails to QVC to let them know that I turn the station (to HSN) whenever they are on siimply because of their voices.

Lisa you will be sorely missed!

caramels231292161704.37314825 PostsRegistered 10/21/2004

So sorry to see her go; she's the BEST! Wishing her the best of luck in her new endeavor! She's a winner; will excel in whatever her hopes and dreams may be at this point in her life. Good luck; you'll be missed Lisa Mason!

hayeswat1292262778.5271 PostsRegistered 12/13/2010

I too heard she was leaving and I hope it is on her terms I had seen something online regarding an illness I pray for her that is not true and I'm very upset with QVC that they would let that lovely southern belle that we all love so much just slip away like that I would of hoped for more of a notice and atleast a big going away party everytime I ever emailed her she always emailed me back which is amazing! I wish you the best Lisa I will miss you so much it wont be the same without you that is for sure!!!!! Lisa please have a blog site or something after you leave QVC you have so many people out there that really care about you.

Coralogre1292264125.671407 PostsRegistered 7/19/2010

I'm sure some people think it's a great job and why would you leave? She does live in NY and maybe traveling is becoming a nuisance. Also, It has got to burn you out to go out there and talk live about products, etc. Sometimes they are out there for 3 hours at a time. That is a long time live T.V. I also imagine that it could get boring as they seem to have the same stuff and very rarely get too much new... Anyway if your reading Lisa Mason good luck to you.. Good for you!

Anastasiam­ary1292364292.541 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010
She said she will reveal the reason at the end of her show today...7pm eastern time. But if you check her website www.lisamason.org it says she wrote a book that is due out next year. Perhaps that is the reason?

murphy511292365290.4515 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

Lisa Mason is one of the best QVC hosts EVER! She is charming, polite, and really knows how to explain products without grating on your nerves or being vain. (Are you listening Jane Rudolph Tracy ...and Lisa Robertson???)

Her Southern hospitality was a breath of fresh air. I never felt that her chatter was interruptive, condescening or annoying. (Are you listening Jane Tracy and Patty Reilly???)

Best of luck to her. She will be missed.

SherbertTu­lips1292365452.846 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010

Lisa, much success, health and happiness to you. Your fans will miss you.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yardley1292368023.98745 PostsRegistered 8/27/2005

We love you, Lisa. I will miss you dearly. Hopefully we will see you again somewhere soon. I wish you the best of love and luck.

JEEJ1292368514.711 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010

I'm not sure I can go on living and breathing... I will really miss you girl! XOXO

Page 1 of 2