Maxi Dresses
23 Members and 12391 Guests Online

Q Did What?

SOmeone else's order sent to me under my name!!

Started 1279139883.383 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1279315483.54 by Venezia

I can't believe that when I received an order from QVC, when I opened the package...inside was someone else's order with the slip stating this person's name, address, etc. WoW!! I have NEVER had this happen to me before!! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Anyone else have this happen to them??

Page 1 of 1
csv3201279139978.036724 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007

That happened to me once, too, I was shocked.

Then I thought who are they sending my name and address to? {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Venezia1279142572.5372641 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007

Someone else has posted the same thing in the past few days (maybe on the jewelry forum?). Perhaps you two ought to get together to see if you've got each other's information!

I once got an item that I'd ordered which was clearly a return - it still had the man's return invoice with the reason he was returning it. Since it was a meat slicer I wasn't inclined to accept a used one! But I pointed out to CS that I now had someone else's information and that, since they'd left the slip in there, perhaps the man hadn't gotten the refund he deserved and no way to prove he'd sent it back! (The lady asked me to shred the invoice.)

If any of you remember, the Q often used the last 4 digits of your phone number as the PIN to access your account (I never allowed them to do this with mine). So all I needed to do was put in his account number and try his phone number (believe it or not, the man didn't live that far away from me) to access all his information. No, I didn't do it, but someone who had fewer scruples might have. In today's world you need to be very vigilant about your personal information.

QVC's warehouse staff have been less than diligent for a long time now. This happened several years ago and I've never felt quite as easy since, about how carefully they guard MY information.

jojobeans1279142772.633333 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

It wasn't my Dooney bag, was it? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

"It's deja vu all over again''......Yogi Berra

adoreqvc1279143427.434848 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

this has also happened to me, and the lady whose item i received with her personal qvc invoice lived in texas. i tried to call her and let her know i had received her order with her qvc invoice but her phone was unlisted, so i called qvc and they arranged to have a ups call tag pick up sent to my home, and qvc received the item back.

when i asked where my item which did not arrive was, and was quite late they replied they had no idea and would let me know.

this opens up worries for i.d. theft and a host of other issues. our personal qvc information should be safeguarded at all times......evidently it is not and this is a security breach which when questioned i told qvc must be addressed so it never happens again. they said they would address it......and it was over 2 years ago.....so evidently this still remains a security breach problem since others are also now posting about the same security breach issue.

qvc i hope you read this and apply security safeguards that actually work because no one wants identity theft or any type of fraud to occur, nor have their personal qvc information end up in a strangers hands unbeknown to them, even if that stranger is another qvc member!

memyselfan­dI1279144218.6632641 PostsRegistered 7/30/2006
I had this happen. I never did get my order and my item sold out so I was out of luck. They took care of everything so it didn't cost me anything. The identity thing really isn't that scarey. If you order from a phone that isn't regestered to you, you have to verify info and if you order online you have to give your pin number then too. That is not on your order receipt and neither is your credit card info. I really wouldnt worry. But it is frustrating not getting your order and having to make the call.

The original memyselfandI! (Marsha)

ennui1279144344.6819957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

A friend of mine once received an order, but no packing slip. A week or so later, she got a plain envelope in the mail, with her packing slip inside. Apparently, some kind person received two packing slips, and placed hers in the mail.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

memyselfan­dI1279144359.172641 PostsRegistered 7/30/2006
By the way, my pin number is not my phone number and I thought I remembered a long time ago having to come up with my own.

The original memyselfandI! (Marsha)

surfk1279144857.937537 PostsRegistered 7/12/2010

I had posted about something similar happening with my last order:

http://community.qvc.com/DiscussionDetail/tabid/73/CatID/30/TypeID/1/Recent/1/ThreadID/78652/PostID/1492610/Default.aspx#1492610

Inside, it was my order (the correct item which I had ordered).

But the invoice and return label sticker, etc was for someone else (and their order) completely.

And of course you can't use the return label connected with someone else's shipping item (the bar codes wouldn't match the item or the order or the account).

I can see how some returns could become very messed up. If someone used an incorrect return label which didn't match the actual product they are returning (for instance).

They've been messy (at least at QVC shipping).

I talked to QVC customer service 4 times in the first 24 hrs of receiving my order.

And that just shouldn't be.

I have work to do...and beets to cook! Smile

Last edited on 7/14/2010

Last edited on 7/17/2010

suzyQ31279144867.522953 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 7/14/2010 Venezia said:

Someone else has posted the same thing in the past few days (maybe on the jewelry forum?). Perhaps you two ought to get together to see if you've got each other's information!

I once got an item that I'd ordered which was clearly a return - it still had the man's return invoice with the reason he was returning it. Since it was a meat slicer I wasn't inclined to accept a used one! But I pointed out to CS that I now had someone else's information and that, since they'd left the slip in there, perhaps the man hadn't gotten the refund he deserved and no way to prove he'd sent it back! (The lady asked me to shred the invoice.)

If any of you remember, the Q often used the last 4 digits of your phone number as the PIN to access your account (I never allowed them to do this with mine). So all I needed to do was put in his account number and try his phone number (believe it or not, the man didn't live that far away from me) to access all his information. No, I didn't do it, but someone who had fewer scruples might have. In today's world you need to be very vigilant about your personal information.

QVC's warehouse staff have been less than diligent for a long time now. This happened several years ago and I've never felt quite as easy since, about how carefully they guard MY information.

Venezia, as memyselfandI mentioned, we choose our pin number. Maybe you chose the last four digits of your phone? Mine was just a random sequence that I thought I would be able to remember easily.

granddi1279147843.767756 PostsRegistered 9/8/2009

Think of the millions of items sent out without error. I once ordered a jacket from Lands End. Had a Detroit Sunday Newspaper Circular in the pocket. All tags in place but obviously had been in the possession of another person. Just happens.

Jadite1279148974.5673525 PostsRegistered 2/24/2009Colorado
On 7/14/2010 jojobeans said:

ROFL!!! I hope not jojobeans!!

WHEN ASKED: "Do you need that many Dooney's" I SAY: "Need has nothing to do with it... I just want them"

GreenJerzG­irl1279152512.1864 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007
On 7/14/2010 Jadite said:
On 7/14/2010 jojobeans said:

ROFL!!! I hope not jojobeans!!

Gee, JoJo...no such luck! LOL {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

( I packed this item up and mailed it back to QVC. I sure hope it gets to the one who ordered and paid for it!) Wonder WHERE my order went??

Jeantippit­ytop1279152903.3607 PostsRegistered 3/17/2010

Less than a year ago I received an order of clothing that was nothing I would have ordered. This order was intended for someone in CA. I called CS and UPS did a pick up.

Venezia1279161604.2072641 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007
On 7/14/2010 suzyQ3 said:

Venezia, as memyselfandI mentioned, we choose our pin number. Maybe you chose the last four digits of your phone? Mine was just a random sequence that I thought I would be able to remember easily.

suzyQ3 - no, I didn't use the last four digits of my phone ever. As I said, the original system QVC used, was to ask you to input the last four digits of your phone number (when ordering over the phone or online). This is going way back and that's why I said some people might not even remember it. If you chose not to give them your phone number, you were asked to choose a four-digit PIN. (Since my phone number is unlisted, I have never given it to them.)

For quite some time now they have suggested people choose their own PIN. However, we all know that there are many people who will never have changed their PIN from that original number.

I would never enter any of their competitions in the days when you had to send in a postcard with all your details (including your membership number and phone number) written on it. They wouldn't accept sealed envelopes! Clearly they have moved on a bit in their security standards, but I still think they have a long way to go.

(For some time now, they have only shown the last four numbers of your membership ID on the invoices. It's a tiny step in the right direction.)

Venezia1279162016.8032641 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007
On 7/14/2010 granddi said:

Think of the millions of items sent out without error. I once ordered a jacket from Lands End. Had a Detroit Sunday Newspaper Circular in the pocket. All tags in place but obviously had been in the possession of another person. Just happens.

I think the concern is the ever increasing number of errors of this type. Generally, laying off staff, cutting resources to the bone to save money, results in this type of occurrence. Human beings can only do so much in their normal workday without tiredness setting in and mistakes happening.

I'd say in the first 18 years or so that I shopped with QVC, I never had a single error in filling an order. (Maybe I was just plain lucky.) In the past two or three years, I've had far too many.

suzyQ31279163435.94322953 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 7/14/2010 Venezia said:
On 7/14/2010 suzyQ3 said:

suzyQ3 - no, I didn't use the last four digits of my phone ever. As I said, the original system QVC used, was to ask you to input the last four digits of your phone number (when ordering over the phone or online). This is going way back and that's why I said some people might not even remember it. If you chose not to give them your phone number, you were asked to choose a four-digit PIN. (Since my phone number is unlisted, I have never given it to them.)

For quite some time now they have suggested people choose their own PIN. However, we all know that there are many people who will never have changed their PIN from that original number.

I would never enter any of their competitions in the days when you had to send in a postcard with all your details (including your membership number and phone number) written on it. They wouldn't accept sealed envelopes! Clearly they have moved on a bit in their security standards, but I still think they have a long way to go.

(For some time now, they have only shown the last four numbers of your membership ID on the invoices. It's a tiny step in the right direction.)

Thanks for the clarification, Venezia. I haven't been here all that long, I guess. Smile

adoreqvc1279225258.444848 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

a qvc supervisor called me at home this morning about this post and wanted my personal experience.

i repeated what i experienced and also told her to look at this qvc bb thread, since the recent post was just made since another qvc member just received someones personal qvc invoice and order.

the supervisor apologized for what i experienced and said qvc would definitely address which warehouses are at fault, and i did tell her the other member lived in texas and the item was a top, and that happened 2 years ago, but not since regarding myself.

i also voiced my opinion about a definite qvc security breach and possibilities of fraud and id theft, and the supervisor agreed that they were very valid concerns, and ensured me she and qvc will look into this and see that these types of security breaches do not occur again. i thanked her..............but all i can say is now it will be another wait and see situation, especially since 2 years ago the other qvc supervisor also ensured me that would be investigated and safeguards implemented so that never ever happens again!

evidently qvc does read the bb threads, and my phone call from a supervisor earlier this morning is proof that they do now, and also did when i had this first happen 2 years ago. then i had posted on the qvc bb's about it, and a qvc supervisor also called me at home to arrange the ups call tag pick up return, for the item i never should have received to begin with, and also apologized stating an investigation would transpire, and this type of security breach would never happen again to any qvc member.

Last edited on 7/15/2010

Last edited on 7/15/2010

Venezia1279231797.3632641 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007
On 7/15/2010 adoreqvc said:

i also voiced my opinion about a definite qvc security breach and possibilities of fraud and id theft, and the supervisor agreed that they were very valid concerns, and ensured me she and qvc will look into this and see that these types of security breaches do not occur again. i thanked her..............but all i can say is now it will be another wait and see situation, especially since 2 years ago the other qvc supervisor also ensured me that would be investigated and safeguards implemented so that never ever happens again!

Yes, and I was assured when I received a used item with someone else's return invoice, that this situation should never have happened and they would do whatever they needed to, to ensure it never happened again. But we all know that instead the problem has gotten worse.

I have a lot of sympathy for the CS reps who only have limited actions they can take - they are not the ones in control of what's happening. They just deal with the fallout and the irate customers. I'm sure, when they say they will report a problem, that they do. But after that, it's out of their hands.

Mike George........are you listening??????

adoreqvc1279254722.584848 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

venezia this time i hope mike george and everyone at qvc from reps, to staff who pack the items and enclose our qvc consumer product invoices, also at all the qvc warehouses, various shipping divisions, etc., all pay extremely good attention to what they are doing at all times.

this is another wake up call which must be addressed and resolved now to ensure that all safe guards are implemented correctly and strictly adhered to.

the bottom line is this must be fixed now instead of empty qvc promises made to qvc consumers, because as a qvc consumer i know i feel very uneasy about having any of my personal information given out to anyone unbeknown to me, especially by a company i frequent often and have entrusted with my personal information.

i have already suffered devastation regarding fraud and identity theft, and it was a very costly and an extremely time consuming situation to have legally addressed and resolved, and i pray to never ever suffer through that again.

we go out of our way to safe guard our personal information as best as we can as far as buying (qvc) shredders, enrolling in credit bureau protection and alerts which are also very costly, and to have a company we do business with which is aware that this security breach is continually happening , and yet to date still allows this to keep happening, i find to be unconscionable!

when any organization places me in jeopardy knowing they have a consumer data base security breach, but continually does not address and resolve this very valid consumer security breach consumer data base concern, then i become highly suspicious and irritated, and wonder just how many other members have experienced the same situation without any resolve, and perhaps have or will also suffer the devastation of fraud and identity theft.

there is no excuse whatsoever if the security breach has been brought to the attention of a company many times, and yet that organization still has not implemented the correct and proper safe guards, to completely safe guard their entire customer data base.

Last edited on 7/15/2010

Last edited on 7/15/2010

VeeGee1279305112.4987 PostsRegistered 2/28/2010

I also had this happen to me about a year ago, I live in New York and the customer lived in California, All her information was on the packing slip . I called Customer Service and they were surprised this happened.

Venezia1279315483.542641 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007
On 7/15/2010 adoreqvc said:

when any organization places me in jeopardy knowing they have a consumer data base security breach, but continually does not address and resolve this very valid consumer security breach consumer data base concern, then i become highly suspicious and irritated, and wonder just how many other members have experienced the same situation without any resolve, and perhaps have or will also suffer the devastation of fraud and identity theft.

there is no excuse whatsoever if the security breach has been brought to the attention of a company many times, and yet that organization still has not implemented the correct and proper safe guards, to completely safe guard their entire customer data base.

Exactly. It erodes the trust of the customer and that's a very hard thing to win back. I've had credit card numbers stolen more than once and in each case, the company knew about it long before I (and their other customers) were notified. In fact, in one case, my DH tried to use his card and it was denied. He was lucky that he had another, but he phoned me about it and I contacted the company whose rep said "Oh yes, we cancelled that and will be issuing another one......the cards were compromised." When I asked WHEN this happened and WHEN were they going to tell the customer and didn't they think it would have been a good idea to notify the customer so that he wouldn't be embarrassed by the card being declined...........she said, quite cheerfully "Oh we decided to just do it and to send the new cards out. He should have it in about two weeks."

DUH!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1