TSV(R) Preview
139 Members and 17235 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Hot Picks?

Started 1270079928.047 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1270604586.513 by geranium
replies

The QVC hosts used to describe a "Hot Pick" as a very special item chosen for that day based on it's popularity with us, the QVC customer.  The chosen item(s) were known to sell out every time they were presented on air.  Now I'm seeing more "Hot Picks" that are "New Today" items.  I believe "Hot Pick" items should be customer top rated (whatever basis QVC uses to determine top rated), and/or items that have been known to sell out on air.  I know QVC has buyers that know the market and the current trends, and "they" (want us to) think these items are "must have" purchases.  When management makes a new item a "Hot Pick" are they saying this new item is worth buying and the other new items are not? I get it, it's a marketing tool, QVC is a business and they're tying to increase sells.  Still, it's nice to have something special based on what the customers are really buying. Hot Pick items should earn the title based on the customer, not management pushing a product or a designer.  No big deal, just my opinion.

Page 1 of 1
VCamp27481270137538.666708 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006

"Hot Pick" has become like "Must Haves" - just their way of trying to push something onto the consumers by making it sound like we can't live without it.  Yes, it's a marketing tool & whether we shop online or at our local brick & mortars, we're bombarded with it all the time.  To me, some of the sales strategies at the Q (hurry & call in right now!  we're down to our last 5,295,489!) are beginning to sound a lot like the little boy who cried wolf.

Ladybug7241270163577.524677 PostsRegistered 11/13/2007

I agree, I always thought the reason an item earned the title of Hot Pick was because of its' popularity with the customers, based on past response.

Cloud71270176589.5736501 PostsRegistered 12/29/2009

I couldn't understand the Hot Pick thing, even when they were customer top-rated and had sold out on previous shows, BUT when they started having Hot Picks that were "new today" it made no sense and the Hot Pick idea lost its credibility, IMO.

Good analogy to the boy who cried wolf, VCamp!

"Ensembles are endless" Cloud 7

geranium1270604586.513705 PostsRegistered 6/8/2006

When they first began the Hot Picks, I would check the reviews and it is fair to say that the majority of them had bad reviews.  Therefore, I was amazed at the new marketing phrase. 

Page 1 of 1