Just-Reduced Clearance
141 Members and 14093 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Host "Nancy"

Started 1329857093.427 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1333280105.6 by Pamula

I may have missed this, but what happened to the Host, Nancy? ( sorry, can't remember her last name.

thanks.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
PixieMouse1329862185.98432 PostsRegistered 1/19/2007

Hopefully she's no longer working at QVC. Hands down, the worst host in their current lineup.

Last edited on 3/23/2014

lime11329862615.8786 PostsRegistered 9/20/2011

Hopefully the Q has been reading the comments and has replaced her or given her another position not in front of the camera. Not a good fit for a hostess.

Last edited on 3/23/2014

BonnieBelle1329862735.44719220 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007

She has a recent blog post. I never see her as I don't watch QVC in the middle of the night. The last time I did see her, I thought she was much improved and down to earth, not full of herself and conceited like most of the hosts.

neineih1329863105.287836 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011
On 2/21/2012 PixieMouse said:

Hopefully she's no longer working at QVC. Hands down, the worst host in their current lineup.

Seriously, you would like to see someone fired because you don't like them?

Incidentally, you might want to read her QVC blog, 2 years cancer free.

Might give you some insites into struggles the woman has faced, rather than just being so harsh.

Last edited on 2/21/2012

Last edited on 2/21/2012

Troop_Angel1329867607.9175388 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006

I just saw her the other day, so she is still around. But that was the first I had seen her in weeks. I don't know what kind of a schedule she has; she doesn't seem to be on much at all.

palmajo1329879107.77478 PostsRegistered 10/22/2007
On 2/21/2012 neineih said:

Might give you some insites into struggles the woman has faced, rather than just being so harsh.

Last edited on 2/21/2012

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} neineih...Agree with your post! Nancy has gone through so much, but I like her for being herself, and do not understand why there are still posters saying negative things about such her! I loved Nancy since she began and still do! Nancy won't get fired so I wish people would move on! GET A LIFE!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart"

Topaz Gem1329923599.4315480 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire

Sorry, folks, but all your efforts to post negative comments about Nancy will not get her fired. You do not have that much power, thank goodness. The only thing that will get a host fired is if they don't bring in the sales. Lots of folks like Nancy (including me) and she has improved greatly since she started. I do admit that her presentations were a bit rough in the beginning, but she is now up to speed and a pleasure to watch.

Personally, I couldn't live with myself if I took part in getting someone fired, but that's just me.

I know this has been said before, but I'll say it again. If a host bothers you so much, please find something else to do or to watch during their shows. You can't expect to like every single host on any shopping channel. You can always check QVC.com to see what products were offered, so you won't miss anything but the live presentation.

Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~ Henry James

PixieMouse1329931871.487432 PostsRegistered 1/19/2007

Last edited on 2/21/2012

Where did I say "I don't like her"? She is a mess on-air. Ill-prepared, fumbling and bumbling through almost every item, singing endlessly and being rude to vendors.

As far as struggles go, I have diabetes--which has nothing to do with whether I possess the basic skills needed to successfully do my job over the long haul.

KateE1329932473.26378 PostsRegistered 9/13/2006

I agree so many negatives on the hosts. Thank God that the powers that be don't base their decisions for letting anyone go from these boards.

neineih1329940515.193836 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011
On 2/22/2012 PixieMouse said:

Last edited on 2/21/2012

Where did I say "I don't like her"? She is a mess on-air. Ill-prepared, fumbling and bumbling through almost every item, singing endlessly and being rude to vendors.

As far as struggles go, I have diabetes--which has nothing to do with whether I possess the basic skills needed to successfully do my job over the long haul.

I have a totally different impression of this Host, which is probably why there are a wide variety of Host's, eh? Some you like,some, not so much.

As a Dietician I know how difficult diabetes can be to manage, and I have great admiration for people who live with it and do their best to manage those challenges, every day.

jasbel1329948799.272407 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008

If negative comments haven't gotten Shawn Killinger off the air then they will not get Nancy Hornback off the air. Nancy is best when she is talking jewelry. She is very knowledgeable. I also think she does a good job with the callers.

sissycat1330021829.88115 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

She can't put a cohernt thought together to save her life. That does not mean she is a bad person. Just that she is not a good show host. Whether or not she is a cancer survivor does make her a good host. I wish her the best in her battle against cancer.

Makeup Hoa­rder1330024402.4231459 PostsRegistered 1/20/2012

I always think Nancy is one of the most beautiful hosts at Qvc but I find her not as eloquent as a salesperson should be. I often feel sorry for her when she was trying to find a word to say without repeating herself.

Last edited on 3/23/2014

Fashion is negotiable; Style is not

SPURT1330045023.8176344 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009

I thought coming from a previous job as a host she would have less of a learning curve, and be a better host instead she was a train wreck, but then I read her story and all she went through....not just cancer, but because of her illness of the adoption of her child was also up in the air....so she had a lot of things going on in her life so she is due some grace and compassion......haven't seen her lately....not even as a cyber host can't watch Q in the wee hours....

SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS! GO SPURS GO!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

stevieb1330047837.91327316 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I rarely see her, but based on the few times I have, I agree she's improved. She'll probably never be as smooth as are some, but I don't dislike her and will watch when she's hosting something I want to see, which is certainly more than I can say for at least one of the 'tried and true'...

tucka1330048068.3032856 PostsRegistered 11/30/2009

Perhaps she was on vacation,seems like they have been taking vacations lately, Gabrella was gone for a long time but found out she was on vacation. I like Nancy she is a down to earth person, I heard that sometimes after cancer treatments you have a problem with speach like remembering the words you want to say. So maybe thats it.she is good with the jewlry presentations.tucka.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Makeup Hoa­rder1330048183.491459 PostsRegistered 1/20/2012
On 2/23/2012 tucka said:

Perhaps she was on vacation,seems like they have been taking vacations lately, Gabrella was gone for a long time but found out she was on vacation. I like Nancy she is a down to earth person, I heard that sometimes after cancer treatments you have a problem with speach like remembering the words you want to say. So maybe thats it.she is good with the jewlry presentations.tucka.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Really that would explain why she seems short of what to say from time to time...

she keeps saying she had degree on gem stones. what is that called? Gemologist?

Fashion is negotiable; Style is not

neineih1330070655.84836 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011
On 2/23/2012 tucka said:

My Sister went thru chemo for Colon Cancer, and called it Chemo Brain.

Sometimes you would just feel foggy and not quite able to express what you wanted to. She worked full time all thru her treatments, which thankfully were not as harsh as many people endure.

She's doing well and praying will continue to do so.

She said working and having something outside of herself and her illness to focus on, was a huge help in her staying positive.

I'm sure it's not easy and I hope if my time comes to deal with a serious illness, I'll have some of that strength.

PixieMouse1330091852.883432 PostsRegistered 1/19/2007
On 2/23/2012 Makeup Hoarder said:
On 2/23/2012 tucka said:

Really that would explain why she seems short of what to say from time to time...

she keeps saying she had degree on gem stones. what is that called? Gemologist?

She is NOT a gemologist. She has a certificate as an "accredited jewelry professional" from the GIA. It's a basic course for jewelry salespeople, and it's about as close to being a gemologist as a fast-food burger-flipper is to being a chef in a fine dining restaurant.

chinadoll601330110139.027333 PostsRegistered 9/29/2010

Pretty sure she is just on vacation.

missyw11330146180.72732010 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

She has improved.

K81330163109.84405 PostsRegistered 8/19/2008Great Falls, Virginia

Thanks to a snoring DH, I find myself awake for most of the shows that Nancy hosts. On the last show I saw her on, which was roughly 2 weeks ago, she did say she was going on vacation for a couple of weeks. So we will probably be seeing her smiling face within the next couple of days.

I have to say, when she first started, I couldn't understand why she was there. A lot of the times she was on, I felt embarrassed for her. I do believe that she has gotten better over time. Her saving grace is the fact that she is warm and friendly to the vendors and callers and she doesn't take herself as seriously as some (we all know the ones) do. I do think there is a sweetness and an honesty about her.

She still blunders every now and then, but when I think of who else could be hosting in her place, I just take it all in stride.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Smidget1330168754.761662 PostsRegistered 2/17/2007Frozen Tundra

Nancy lacks the polish she needs to be a good host. And, sorry, but I had breast cancer at the same time Nancy did, and nobody gave me a pass at work. If you can't do your job, move over and let someone else do it. Besides - two years cancer free? And y'all are still using that as an excuse for her poor presenting skills? Um, no. Time to move on, Nancy. Find something you're good at.

I miss recess!

paie1330191477.3071512 PostsRegistered 10/29/2009

She's not the best host...but she does a good job. She was terrible when she was training on the air. She has come a long way and I wish her all the best.....

TX-starlig­ht1330428609.1574463 PostsRegistered 2/8/2010
On 2/25/2012 Smidget said:

Nancy lacks the polish she needs to be a good host. And, sorry, but I had breast cancer at the same time Nancy did, and nobody gave me a pass at work. If you can't do your job, move over and let someone else do it. Besides - two years cancer free? And y'all are still using that as an excuse for her poor presenting skills? Um, no. Time to move on, Nancy. Find something you're good at.

Very well said!!!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next