Weekend Preview
142 Members and 11900 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Guaranteed Christmas Delivery

Started 1324907090.29 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1325773760.477 by njp

Still waiting for my "GUARANTEED" Christmas Delivery - I can hear David Venable in my mind

"We've been doing this for 25 Years - so we no how to do this"

Well apparantely you don't

And what are the consequences for this breech of contract?

Unless David Venable is hand deliverying packages I dont think you should be able to state this anymore - especially if there are no consequences

Page 1 of 2
banjo1324910208.5835185 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska

Did you hear the announcement about UPS not being able to deliver thousands of packages because of the storm? QVC can't do anything about the weather.

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

wineluvver1324911033.933148 PostsRegistered 5/10/2011
On 12/26/2011 banjo said:

Did you hear the announcement about UPS not being able to deliver thousands of packages because of the storm? QVC can't do anything about the weather.

Yep, weather certainly is a factor in deliveries and THAT is why David Venable should not have made that ridiculous statement! I'd love to call in and ask him on the air how he feels about all the people that believed him and didn't get their packages.

njp132491119810 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007

About the weather - I leave on the east coast - about 1 hour from the warehouse

Didnt see 1 flake -

Upstate NY1324920215.3717 PostsRegistered 12/24/2011

Yep, again this year I get an email 2 days before food delivery (bill to ship to) with no more xmas deliveries that QVC is unable to fill the order! WOW!...another disappointment! Not good Q!

nancypoo1324944515.2771413 PostsRegistered 5/13/2011

You all need to refuse these packages. Write Refused, Return to Sender with a marker and drop in the right box. It won't cost you anything to return---just watch for your credit.

Maybe it's time to make QVC understand if we don't get packages when promised---we don't need them!!! The best place to make statements is to "hit them in the wallet"!! Let QVC pay for the refused returned shipping, plus the costs of invoicing and issuing credit for all the refused merchandise---with no underlying sales nor PROFIT!!

wineluvver1324948469.75148 PostsRegistered 5/10/2011

I want to see David Venable eat his words. He had his big old chest out there touting how QVC was in the business for 25 years and you can trust them. Folks believed him. I'm going to question this on his facebook page. It makes me soooo mad because so many people believe whatever he says. Stay tuned, I'll post again if he responds on facebook. If he doesn't, then you all know he's weak.

suzyQ31324956828.94325053 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 12/26/2011 wineluvver said:

I want to see David Venable eat his words. He had his big old chest out there touting how QVC was in the business for 25 years and you can trust them. Folks believed him. I'm going to question this on his facebook page. It makes me soooo mad because so many people believe whatever he says. Stay tuned, I'll post again if he responds on facebook. If he doesn't, then you all know he's weak.

I know the OP singled out DV, but I very clearly heard all the hosts spew the same schtick just as passionately.

Last edited on 12/26/2011

The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

wineluvver1324982905.927148 PostsRegistered 5/10/2011
On 12/26/2011 suzyQ3 said:

I know the OP singled out DV, but I very clearly heard all the hosts spew the same schtick just as passionately.

Yep they all did BUT David Venable appears to be the darling of QVC. Everyone trusts whatever that man says. I don't know if you saw the segment where he announced that QVC has been doing this for 25 years, etc., but the way he said it so arrogantly struck a nerve with me.

njp1324992377.53710 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007

Well the 26th came and went and still no package

Didnt think about the "refuse" - just might do that

auntgranny1325004799.3872 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007Southern IL

I'm also waiting for my guarenteed delivery, some hoop earrings for a gift to a friend. the order was placed on Dec. 17 a "guarenteed by Christmas" delivery by suggested priority mail. Still waiting, needless to say that I was totally embarrassed showing up without a gift. Will not do this next year. In fact I ever receive these earrings I might send them back.

suzyQ31325005505.7725053 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 12/27/2011 wineluvver said:

Yep they all did BUT David Venable appears to be the darling of QVC. Everyone trusts whatever that man says. I don't know if you saw the segment where he announced that QVC has been doing this for 25 years, etc., but the way he said it so arrogantly struck a nerve with me.

True that he is very popular. I generally enjoy watching him. I think that maybe if he rubs you the wrong way, then anything he says may come across in a negative way. That's natural. I've personally, though, never thought of him as arrogant in the least -- in fact, quite the opposite. The only possible arrogant host I've ever seen on QVC is no longer there -- hint, hint, he did the cooking shows before DV.

As for saying that QVC has been doing this for 25 years so they must know what they're doing, DV is basically reading a script: I've heard several other hosts use that exact same line.

The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

stevieb1325006424.30729876 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

Isn't it the truth! Every year the hosts pontificate about how they have it down to a science and every year there are folks that are here after Christmas day to say otherwise...

You can't blame the hosts for dishing out the party line and making some folks believe it. The best bet is next year just don't buy into it and order earlier if shipping is going to be part of the game plan.

I have to say, I ordered a couple of things quite late and they both arrived before Christmas... I'll grant you, one of them was damaged and will need to be replaced, but they did get here... Neither was a gift item.

wineluvver1325013053.643148 PostsRegistered 5/10/2011
On 12/27/2011 suzyQ3 said:
On 12/27/2011 wineluvver said:

True that he is very popular. I generally enjoy watching him. I think that maybe if he rubs you the wrong way, then anything he says may come across in a negative way. That's natural. I've personally, though, never thought of him as arrogant in the least -- in fact, quite the opposite. The only possible arrogant host I've ever seen on QVC is no longer there -- hint, hint, he did the cooking shows before DV.

As for saying that QVC has been doing this for 25 years so they must know what they're doing, DV is basically reading a script: I've heard several other hosts use that exact same line.

Actually David doesn't rub me the wrong way. I like him and think is he very down to earth and genuinely seems like a very nice person. I love how he speaks of his Mom. But for some reason, when I saw and heard him saying the bit about 25 years, blah, blah, blah, it just really irked me. Can't explain it but it really bothered me and then a bunch of folks started posting about how they didn't receive the items by Christmas. I agree with whoever recommended not accepting the packages when/if they do arrive. That's what I would do.

njp1325077418.6310 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007

The 27th has now come and gone

Still no package

wineluvver1325078605.653148 PostsRegistered 5/10/2011

No response from David V on facebook when I asked him what he would like to say to all the customers who listened to his "We've been doing this for 25 years" spiel and bought gifts because of the assurance of receiving prior to 12/25 and are still waiting on delivery. I'm not surprised. He says he reads facebook messages and answers many but I guess not the ones that make him uncomfortable.

Sabear1325083843.161739 PostsRegistered 6/6/2007

On 12/26/2011 banjo said:

Most of my deliveries arrive USPS and I didnt hear anything about them having trouble with deliveries. That said, the weather is an issue every year, why would delivery companies not be prepared for snow or whatever? Also, I think the Q is making a promise they cant possibly guarantee.

bazb1325152384.354231 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/28/2011 njp said:

The 27th has now come and gone

Still no package

So sorry. If your pkg. is coming via UPS, they were closed on the 26th--holiday for them since Christmas was on Sunday. Yet, still no excuse. Again, sorry.

njp1325164039.19710 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007

The 28th has now come and gone

Still no package

at this point I am documenting for a possible complaint to the BBB and a definite complaint

to QVC -

Thank you all for the suggestions -

banjo1325169145.8235185 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska

The package could be lost. With all the packages sent by many companies over the holidays, some were sure to be lost. Have you contacted QVC and talked to them?

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

Rochester ­Shopper1325182139.384922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

I am sorry you still haven't received our package! I had two orders this year that never arrived, and Q sent me replacements. It is frustrating!!

David and the other hosts were just telling us what they were told to. He has no control over shipping or that Q couldn't back up their promises. I am sure David and other hosts who made this promise are not happy since it is a reflection on them personally.

Did you contact Q customer service? I wonder what their response/action will be since it was "guaranteed" to be there for Christmas. What exactly is your recourse with the guarantee? Will they refund your shipping charges if you still want it? If you don't still want it, will Q refund the item & delivery without it "counting against you"?

I am afraid that the Q is going to take a hit on their delivery guarantee, which probably will get passed on to us. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

blondegirl1325438359.6371786 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

I am sorry you did not receive your time but once the product ships it is no longer QVC's responsibility so filing a complaint with anyone, including the BBB, may make you feel better but will have no affect on QVC at all. QVC has no control over the weather or UPS or the USPS. Obviously, people have to take into consideration that something may hold up the delivery of the gift no matter what guarantee someone states on TV. Even if they hand delivered things something could happen to prevent delivery :) And I amazed that people always wait until the last minute and rely on this "guaranteed delivery" for a gift for someone. We ordered something but it was not a gift and it did arrive. About two months ago something we ordered shipped and UPS lost it - again, not QVC's fault guarantee or no guarantee.

blondegirl1325438361.2671786 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

I am sorry you did not receive your time but once the product ships it is no longer QVC's responsibility so filing a complaint with anyone, including the BBB, may make you feel better but will have no affect on QVC at all. QVC has no control over the weather or UPS or the USPS. Obviously, people have to take into consideration that something may hold up the delivery of the gift no matter what guarantee someone states on TV. Even if they hand delivered things something could happen to prevent delivery :) And I amazed that people always wait until the last minute and rely on this "guaranteed delivery" for a gift for someone. We ordered something but it was not a gift and it did arrive. About two months ago something we ordered shipped and UPS lost it - again, not QVC's fault guarantee or no guarantee.

njp1325440285.7910 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007

Update - UPS never rec'd the package - so after finally rec'd email from customer service and package is now officialy "lost"

requested refund -

so thank you all

for those of you who think qvc is not at fault -guess we'll never really know

WSfan1325447288.0932125 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Definitely remember hearing the same complaints about this very thing last year. Would not trust QVC, USPS or UPS with getting a Christmas gift delivered to my house that I ordered less than a week before Christmas. I don't believe that baloney that the QVC hosts dished out, telling everyone to "order now, because it's guaranteed to arrive before Christmas." Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

ccassaday1325459567.6831915 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

Use common sense. Any sensible person would no that when they say that there is a chance because of other parties and weather you may not get your package.

Page 1 of 2