Handbag Clearance
16 Members and 11742 Guests Online

Q Did What?

UPS to USPS

Started 1318434811.783 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1320448944.183 by Rainbows and Roses

I am so annoyed when my items ship from QVC via UPS and then get transferred to the local USPS. Not only does it add days to the delivery but I do not get good service and some things have been lost. (not QVC items) Some items have been delivered by UPS so I am not sure what criteria they use to determine when to give it to the USPS. I am not in a rural area. Is anyone else having issues with this?

Page 1 of 1
nancypoo1318439655.61413 PostsRegistered 5/13/2011

I think QVC/QVCs mailing company pick the most economical shipping mode. I have not had problems. I would think QVC can ship however you'd like them to as long as you're ready to pay any additional monies.

debc1318445294.5432147 PostsRegistered 10/27/2009

I don't like it much either. I've hated it ever since they changed it.

Cheese with that whine?

Carn1318515070.6374 PostsRegistered 3/16/2010

Yes it is very upsetting! I order a product shipped UPS GROUND because I need it shipped that way. When they decide to ship my packages UPS/ Rural Basic, then the mailman just places them on top of my mailbox for anyone to just take. Also they lay outside in the elements. Why doesn't anyone at QVC realize this. Some people ship UPS GROUND because they want their packages delivered safely!!! I was going to order quite a few Christmas gifts from the Q, but now I don't feel that I can. It is just a matter of common sence! Please Q, consider what we are saying.

Krimpette1318517149.7379148 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

I hadn't realized that QVC had gone that route also! HSN does it and I HATE it. I've complained bitterly, but to no avail. To QVC's credit, however, (at least for me), I ordered an item on Sunday and received it on Wednesday. Ordered another item on Monday and also received that on Wednesday!!!! I don't recall ever having such a fast turn-around by QVC!!! Of course, if they soon change me to UPS/USPS, then add at least another day or two.

Carn1318517761.584 PostsRegistered 3/16/2010

I was also wondering why do they bother asking us if we want our package shipped "UPS Ground", if they're just going to ship the packages ANY WAY THEY WANT!! I would actually pay a few dollars more in shipping if it could come directly to my COVERED DOOR STEP!! I guess there are not enough people complaining about it. This is the first complaint I have made. And I have been a QVC customer for many, many years.

shoesnbags1318620714.282881 PostsRegistered 6/26/2007New Orleans

I just received a Lands End item today that was shipped this way, and I'm not happy. My UPS man sets packages by my side door, out of view of the street. The mailman just puts it by the front door where anyone passing by could decide to take it!

Shoes
"I shop the planet "
(courtesy of Sox2)

katiebeau1318627703.39334 PostsRegistered 12/18/2006

I have complained about this for the last year. I do live in a very rural area and I ALWAYS request UPS Express because I live a long way from my post office and if it doesn't fit in the box I have to go to the post office to get it. I work 40 minutes south of my home and my PO is 20 minutes north of my home. I have found that even if I ask for Express they have started doing the post office delivery thing. And even worse-if my UPS man is going to deliver to me and not the PO, he still puts it in my mailbox if it fits. I thought this was against the postal laws. I thought only the post office could put things in your mailbox. My driveway is about 1/4 mile long and up hill. I guess he figures it is easier just to leave it in the mailbox on the road. If I wanted it in my mailbox I would have paid for USPS delivery NOT UPS delivery. Two months ago I ordered some LDO jewelry and when I checked online it said "Delivered to side door". Spent 30 minutes hunting thru the bushes and all around the outside of my house. No luck. Called UPS and QVC. UPS was of no help but QVC did replace the package. Two days later the original package appeared in my mailbox. I have found if you live in an area that they don't come to on a daily basis, they wait to deliver it when convenient for them. I have also had this same problem with FED-EX. I have stopped ordering from companies that use FED-EX for this reason.

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one with this problem. I will occasionally have things shipped to my work but I prefer to have them shipped to my home. It is just easier not to have to haul them around. I have never had a package shipped to my work that was delivered to the PO. The UPS man always delivers them. Wondered if it is because they come to my work almost every day (I work for a vet clinic).

HopeReigns1318639691.653517 PostsRegistered 5/4/2007

It's all a money-saving thing for UPS. If they make one stop in town at the PO, they do not have to make numerous, or even a single stop, at residences. I understand it but can't say I like it either...just more time in transit when it comes through USPS.

I talked to my UPS guy re this and he said it's just a cost-saving effort. Imagine he has to stop at my home only to deliver a Mally eyeliner just what that costs UPS. Doing the Mail Innovation deal makes money for the local PO and save UPS bucks. It's all dollar and cents, or sense if you will.

Hope, >^.^<

"

icezeus1318640095.284061 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California

I have had several packages delivered this way, and so far no problems. Meaning, that both by mail woman, and the UPS delivery man will place it on my porch. (Keeping Fingers Crossed)

Carn1318680743.5574 PostsRegistered 3/16/2010

Well ICEZEUS you are one of the lucky ones. You will be horrified to hear what my mail man does. I have a very long driveway. He starts at the top of the driveway and HONKS the horn all the way down to the back of my house, where my husband has his office. Then he continues to honk the horn until my husband comes out of his office. And then he says "WELL...SHE'S BEEN ON THE PHONE AGAIN!" Like he is trying to get my husband mad at me. Honestly, he say's it EVERY time. I want to complain to the Post Office but I'm afraid my mail will just start disappearing. If you know what I mean. If no one comes out,(Im sure he is very disappointed) then he takes it back up and puts it on top of my mailbox in the rain or snow. YEAH, HE'S A REAL CHARMER. He's like the crazy mailman in that Chevy Chase Movie where he and his wife move out to the country. (Very Funny) Well anyways, I have no choice but to stop buying anything from QVC. All I want is for my wonderful UPS man who is VERY CAREFUL with my packages to deliver them again. But because of this USPS BASIC RURAL DELIVERY, I will almost never get it this way. So everything seems to come down to the BIG BUCKS, with QVC now. That is probably why they are no longer going to carry POLISH STONEWARE. But that is a whole other post!!

KRC1318892870.1352 PostsRegistered 2/19/2008

This is my first order that has shipped UPS to USPS. I am not pleased. First of all, the UPS warehouse is only about 10 miles from my house. I tracked my package and it was delivered there over the weekend and should have arrived at my house today. When I got home and couldn't find my package on my covered porch, I checked online. The crazy thing is the UPS guy has to drive by my house to get to the post office about a block up my street! As expensive as shipping is, they should be able to get it to your front door. Not in your yard or your mailbox or in the post office.

conibear1318941561.05332 PostsRegistered 3/23/2007

I am soooo with you sista!!! Add at least another day sometimes two days to my receiving the order. HATE it. USPS needs a lot of work from the top down. I rarely use USPS for anything. and it just kills me to have to use them because they are so inefficient.

stevieb1318942100.41725320 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

Add me to the list that avoids having items shipped by USPS. Where I live, the 'mailman' doesn't even try to deliver items to your door. Even though I live in a condo with 'secured' entrances, unless it's something he can slip in the mailbox, he takes it directly to the condo office... It's pretty clear he isn't doing this out of any abiding concern for the sanctity of the mail, it's just easier for him... UPS, on the other hand, will leave items at my door, and I get to avoid the schlep over to the office to retrieve an item that sometimes would have fit in the mailbox in the first place, or that might simply have been left at my door... When the cost is the same or only a dollar or so more, I've gotten so I always request UPS delivery when ordering.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I should have my head examined...

ok4ablonde21318943535.878837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

ShopNBC is doing this now also. It's called UPS Basic and doesn't only apply to rural areas, they are shipping that way to me and I live in a large city of 900,000 people. It STINKS!

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

horsearound1319137843.32773 PostsRegistered 4/18/2010

I live TWO BLOCKS from my PO, inside the City limits, yet I am considered local rural (whatever), so I have to wait a day or two to get my packages. I can get my stuff quicker by having it sent to my sister's address, and she lives 30 miles away! If they want to play that game, why not just ship USPS to begin with -- they need the money -- and, apparently, UPS doesn't!

anna3321319154317.973104 PostsRegistered 10/24/2007

delete

Last edited on 10/30/2011

Last edited on 10/30/2011

Minty3171319154808.11178 PostsRegistered 9/7/2011Buffalo, NY
On 10/14/2011 shoesnbags said:

I just received a Lands End item today that was shipped this way, and I'm not happy. My UPS man sets packages by my side door, out of view of the street. The mailman just puts it by the front door where anyone passing by could decide to take it!

Same here...my UPS guy walks all the way up the stairs and leaves it in front of my apt door. Mailman leaves it outside. Might as well put up a sign that says "Take me!" Plus things get wet. Yuck. I put a sign on the door to at least put in in the hallway but that doesn't happen.

Minty3171319154808.503178 PostsRegistered 9/7/2011Buffalo, NY
On 10/14/2011 shoesnbags said:

Same here...my UPS guy walks all the way up the stairs and leaves it in front of my apt door. Mailman leaves it outside. Might as well put up a sign that says "Take me!" Plus things get wet. Yuck. I put a sign on the door to at least put in in the hallway but that doesn't happen.

KathyPet1319333269.1977284 PostsRegistered 1/25/2006Beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

It definitely adds time to the delivery. If I track a package on line I often see where UPS has handed the package over to my local post office at 6 AM. even though my mail does not get to me until Noon I can guarantee that I will not get my delivery that day because the mail that my mailman is to deliver that day has already been sorted out and divided up to be put in my mailman's truck by that time and so my package waits at the Post Office. If it stayed with UPS I would have had it that day

Deep inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out. I can usually shut her up with cookies!!

Rainbows a­nd Roses1320014894.05318287 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

It should help the post office.......and I don't mind if its not over a week before I get my orders. Talbots sends UPS and then USPS.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

culebra1320325572.022112 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

I hate the UPS to USPS service. It adds days to the delivery. If I choose UPS, I expect UPS to deliver.

slimjudi1320335345.3212 PostsRegistered 2/7/2011

I think that blaming UPS for this might be a mistake. I always pay for UPS ground. Living in downtown Chicago I do not expect for QVC to take 13 days for my orders to arrive. I called the home office and asked what was going on. I was told they have a new system and QVC has their own trucks picking up for UPS and then delivered them to a UPS in order to save money. I told her that I just paid over $8.00 for a Judith Ripka set of clip earnings. Waited 13 days to receive them and I will not pay that kind of money for such poor service. They really don't care because they have so many of you gals that just have to buy from QVC. No longer is it going to be me!! I will only order if it is free shipping. You all saw what the consumer's did to NETFIX and for that matter Bank of America. They have to be made to understand in this day and time we are not going to put up with overcharging for delivery and then even waiting a much longer time for our items.

shopalot591320341358.98233 PostsRegistered 10/11/2007

I hate when my items come USPS because my mailman just "shoves" them in the mailbox. The other day I had two QF tops (shipped separately) and a Susan Graver top as well as a small box from something I ordered on ebay shoved into the mailbox along with my regular mail. I don't have a huge mailbox - just your average sized one. I swear it takes him longer to get all of it in the mailbox than it would to walk up and put it on the porch. I'd rather he stood on the sidewalk and threw it on my porch. I think he's just lazy. I'd report him but I'd be afraid of what might start happening to my mail.

shopalot591320341661.69233 PostsRegistered 10/11/2007

... "both by mail woman, and the UPS delivery man will place it on my porch"

No wonder - you have a 'mail woman' - they would understand. We have two women that now work at a small post office near where I work. When the guys ran it there were always lines and a long wait. Since the women have taken over there is barely a wait time even if only one of them is working!

Rainbows a­nd Roses1320448944.18318287 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

Then the shipping should be cheaper. This is what Vita Cost does. Talbots too I think.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

Page 1 of 1