New Holiday Decor
14 Members and 16696 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Insulting E-mail from QVC

Started 1264726980 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1265465341 by karmakat
I have been a customer at QVC for 10+ years. Throughout that time, I have ALWAYS paid their bills on time.
Recently, I was in the hospital for major surgery. When I got home, I sent them a check which in my calculation had plenty of time to get to them. Apparently, QVC didn't think so. ( I have not received another statement since.)
Instead of just charging me a late charge, they found it necessary to send me an e-mail, explaining how to make sure my payments arrived on time!
I FEEL THERE IS NO REASON FOR THEM TO TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD OR SIMPLETON BY SENDING ME THIS LITTLE EXTRA NOTICE!!!
I'm going to transfer my balance to a lower interest credit card and forget about making any further purchases. I prefer brick and mortar stores much better.
--
BEWARE OF NON-MATERIALISTIC SHOPPERS!
(~~/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

BEWARE OF NON-MATERIALISTIC SHOPPERS! \

Page 1 of 2
SueSylvest­er1264727508506 PostsRegistered 6/16/2008
How can you be mad? The terms of all credit cards are to pay by a specified date. You didnt.
--
How can you stand next to the the truth and not see it?

Local12647275461512 PostsRegistered 5/21/2006
You haven't noticed all the topics on this lately? Seems this email was sent out to anyone and everyone who has or ever had a Q card. something about credit card regulations where they had to notify everyone. No big deal and you weren't singled out.

Filly6712647276491881 PostsRegistered 12/26/2008
I know that the reason you were late was an accident but they don't know that. As someone who has spent her life working receivables, you learn quickly that one late payment normally leads to a trend. Certainly not in your case but it does happen a lot especially in this economy.
I hope that your fine from your hospital visit.
I like your bunny. ;-)
--
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

prairie gi­rl1264727805360 PostsRegistered 11/9/2006
we all, those with a Q card received the email, don't feel singled out at all.

Doesn't matter what brings a person, only what they leave with.

Filly6712647279091881 PostsRegistered 12/26/2008
I think that letter in question that the O/P wrote about is different then the one that card holders received. I certainly didn't receive one like the one she is describing.
--

Jasmin871264727942605 PostsRegistered 12/5/2008W. Washington
Antelope, I'm sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you have a swift recovery.
I can understand when you get an e-mail like this that it is hard not to take it personal and feel affronted. My guess tho' is that those e-mails, form letters, are kicked out automatically by a computer the first day a person is late with their payment. You could have the most perfect payment record in the world with QVC, (and it sounds as tho' you do) and that e-mail still gets sent your way.
If things were done as they used to be BC (before computers) a rational, thinking person would have looked at your record and probably decided that "letter" was not needed in your case.
I hope you get better soon.
Jasmin

Get better soon.

"Be the one thing no one else in the world can be....yourself!" or, as Shakespeare put it,...."to thine own self be true."

Jasmin871264728062605 PostsRegistered 12/5/2008W. Washington
;
> I like your bunny. ;-)
I like it too but I thought it was a cat. lol
Jasmin

"Be the one thing no one else in the world can be....yourself!" or, as Shakespeare put it,...."to thine own self be true."

Local12647282261512 PostsRegistered 5/21/2006
> I think that letter in question that the O/P wrote
> about is different then the one that card holders
> received. I certainly didn't receive one like the
> one she is describing.
>
> --
> What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
The only line in the OPs whole post about what was said in the email was that they said how to get payments in on time. Well, that's what the email that came to me also was about so I do think it's the same one.

AuntieSoap1264728359751 PostsRegistered 11/5/2006PA, close to G-burg
I don't think they, Q, meant it to be mean... I just think they were stating a fact that they may have thot needed ti be sent as a reminder of the policy..... At least they didn't add late charge etc. I do know it takes forever for the mail to arrive and get credited to our accounts..... I now allow at least 7 days...

Filly6712647288871881 PostsRegistered 12/26/2008
> ;
> > I like your bunny. ;-)
>
> I like it too but I thought it was a cat. lol
>
> Jasmin
You know Jasmin now that you mention it, maybe it is a cat. O/P?
--

Wise decis­ion12647420581216 PostsRegistered 3/16/2008
Filly: Your tagline is one of my favorite quotes of all times.
The first time I saw it (on a t-shirt) I laughed til I cried. I was a philosophy major and I remember hours and hours of discussion on the meaning of life......and then I saw that t-shirt. My kind of humour.

cinebee12647445276530 PostsRegistered 5/7/2007
Companies that extend credit are really ridiculous this day in time. If a payment is a day late they start calling and acting like they're going bankrupt at any moment. I figured this out one Christmas when I forgot to mail a payment for a gas card. The company called me on Christmas Eve. I was not happy. Especially since the "minimum" payment due was about $10. Anybody can forget every now and then.

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
-Alfred A. Montapert

topanga53126475040996 PostsRegistered 12/13/2005
Love, love, love it!
Sometimes I think it really IS!

barbados126475506214405 PostsRegistered 5/21/2007
How can you be mad? The terms of all credit cards are to pay by a specified date. You didnt.
--
I agree 100 percent. If it wasn't the Q doing that it would have been a visa card doing that or worse yet, a phone call to her about her bill. QVC is no different then any other credit card If you can't meet the payment at the time, she should of had her husband or a close friend get the bill to them in time. I know if I'm going to be away i make sure my bills are paid by the due date or I take the bills with me and make sure the payments get mailed. Also, you make phone payments to most creditors today. There's plenty of options available to the consumer to make sure their payments are made on time.
Also, I had a heart attack a few years back and was in the hospital and when I was back in my room, I made a phone payment to a visa card that I knew was due. Also, had my spouse write a check to another visa that wouldn't accept phone payments at the time. So there's plenty of ways to make sure your payments get posted on time.
--
Edited by barbados at 01/28/2010 11:54 PM PST

Last edited on 1/29/2010

keri12647584181717 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
I'm curious why you're more upset about the letter than the Late Charge. Why take it so personally when it's obviously a computer-generated letter that was sent automatically when your payment wasn't received by the Due Date. Did you call and explain the situation? Chances are, with an excellent payment history, the late charge would be recinded, considering these extenuating circumstances. Unfortunately, there's no way to retract the letter.
Creditors have become extremely cautious due to the growing number of defaults in this precarious economy. In February, new consumer protections become effective, so lenders are taking full advantage of the carte blanche they have now, by raising fees, interest rates and imposing other restrictions. Did you know that another large national retailer will have a letter in the mail to you by 5pm on the same day if your payment wasn't received by noon? Read the small print in your Credit Agreement and take note of the annual updates they send. Yes, it seems excessive and abusive, but the deck is stacked in THEIR favor right now. If you don't like it, you can always close your account and go elsewhere. Of course, that will lower your credit score, so you're only hurting yourself. Or you can use cash only, but that's not going to help build a strong credit history.
I'm still mystified as to why you're upset at suggestions to help you avoid late payments in the future. I have Direct Deposit and all my accounts are plugged into Automatic Bill Pay on my computer, thereby avoiding missed Due Dates and Late Charges. There's never a need to write a check, find a stamp or go to the Post Office.
--
Edited by keri at 01/29/2010 12:56 AM PST

Last edited on 1/29/2010

Seths_mom1264763973129 PostsRegistered 4/30/2007North Carolina
I got a letter in the mail telling me the same basic thing and my payment wasn't late...The way I understood it is they are required to let all Q card holders know exactly what their policy is on late fees.
I didn't take offense to it.

kll19671264780342971 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008
All you have to do is call them, explain the situation, and chances are they will credit you for the late fee.
Don't be insulted. It's happened to alot of people.
--
Kris

Kris

sd712647826971093 PostsRegistered 10/26/2007MY MI
This sounds like a case of taking responsibility and shifting the blame.

Ladybug72412647834784793 PostsRegistered 11/13/2007
> ;
> > I like your bunny. ;-)
>
> I like it too but I thought it was a cat. lol
>
> Jasmin
I'm thinking chinchilla. (sp)?

shorelady12647835902836 PostsRegistered 12/27/2005
> My guess tho' is that those e-mails, form
> letters, are kicked out automatically by a computer
> the first day a person is late
with their payment.
> You could have the most perfect payment record in the
> world with QVC, (and it sounds as tho' you do) and
> that e-mail still gets sent your way.
That is absolutely correct, and it happens with every other credit card be it Visa, Master Card, store credit cards, etc. You may have the most perfect payment history, but just one late payment for whatever reason, and you will see a note on your statement to the same affect.

Yuban312647903578870 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006
I agree with what everyone has said here.
1. [u]EVERY[/u] credit card will charge you a late fee if they don't get their money on time. [u]EVERY[/u] credit card. This includes Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, as well as your department store credit cards, as well as QVC.
2. to avoid this happening in the future, it is [u]so[/u] much easier and quicker to make payments on line. That way you don't have to worry about finding a stamp, and it getting there on time.
--
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give an ilk!"
Don't let the fear of "what if's" stand in your way.
I HATE typos! Especially my own.

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

"Housework can't kill you, but why take the chance?" - Phyllis Diller

RedheadRed­oux12648003002094 PostsRegistered 12/29/2008In my daylily garden
I received this same email the other day.................and I have not used my Q card in [u]over 16 years.[/u]
True.
I paid it off long ago.
Shows you how well they keep records.
--
Yeah......I said it.

Yeah......I said it.

Charmed~Je­nna126480109120023 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010~RipkaNistaVille~
:|

~ Modern Classics with a Twist ~

Margo Chan­ning126480247513381 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007
You miss a payment, they take action. It's that simple.
--
Sonny Bono, get off my lanai
I feel like I'm in a dream...but it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers.
I consider myself a good judge of people--which is why I don't like most of them.

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner
BRING OUR GIRLS HOME

CalmInTheH­eart12648138607264 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
My sister just had her 5th operation since Sept 09. Her major credit card co didn't bug her when she was late. I actually called them on her behalf to let them know she'd be a little late and they voluntarily said they'd waive her late fee. Now, that's true customer service.
Fyi...if this last operation doesn't work, she'll have to have her leg amputated below the knee. If you would, could you say a little prayer for her?
--
Peace

Peace

Page 1 of 2