TSV(R) Preview
123 Members and 13014 Guests Online

Q Did What?

COOK'S ESSENTIAL LIFETIME WARRANTY

Started 1263918803 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1264046947 by OldFoogey
Several years ago I had to close out my QVC account due to financial difficulty. Over the past few months the Cook's Essential pans I have had for years have been wearing out. I tried to return one pan for replacement (as per the lifetime warranty) but QVC says that since my account is no longer active they cannot accept the Cook's Essential. Has any one ever had a problem like this?

Page 1 of 1
IndianPink1263919673106 PostsRegistered 1/12/2010
That doesn't sound right. A lifetime warranty is just that, warranted against defects for the lifetime of the product, given to the original buyer. Keeping your account active has nothing to do with it. Persistence pays, so keep calling CS until you get in touch with someone who is willing to help you. Good luck!

JaimeLynn1263927189253 PostsRegistered 7/11/2005
I would keep calling cs.
Also, why would you need to close your acct due to financial problems? Why couldn't you keep open your acct and not place an order? Isn't that the same thing?

mikeandmon­et1263927465448 PostsRegistered 8/9/2008
Try Customer Service again. I have NEVER had a problem with them, they are the best. Also, you could have been the recipient of a gift pan, and the warranty should still hold.

tgirl3366126397148547 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007pittsburgh, pa
I am currently in the position where my Technique Hard Anodized has some issues. This set was a gift from before the hard anodized was called Technique. I called CS for direction on how to use the warranty on the 6 qt and the rep was preoccupied with finding the invoice. (She looked-up my Mom's account and continually told me she didn't see any Technique on her account from back then AFTER I told her it wasn't called Technique yet- not the brightest bulb, I guess) She then gave me the # for a manufacturer in Ca who returned my call the next day to let me know they only make the Technique Cast Iron! So I called CS -again- and that rep said since it was purchased so long ago she needed to write a memo to the corporate offices with the information so they could research the invoice! (again- what was the first CS rep thinking and where was she looking?) That was more than a week ago and I have not heard from Corporate yet. I spoke with CS for another reason Saturday and as a secondary issue I asked if she could look-up any status on the memo and there was a note on my account that they were 'researching' the issue. But, again, I had to ask about it... otherwise I'm in QVC Lifetime Warranty Limbo. Good Luck. (and moving forward, I'll be giving a copy of the invoice with any Cooks Essentials gifts so my recipients don't have to go through such a nightmare hassle!)

FloridaPat1264005029340 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007
I just sent one of my CE pans in for warranty and I'm waiting for the replacement. In my experience, because this is the second time in ten yrs for this pan, E-mail cust service so they can research your invoice. It may take a day or two but I have found this is a much better way to go. Also give them the date of purchase (year especially) and any other helpful info.
This has all worked for me - Good Luck!

marsha lee1264006728129 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007The beautiful Oregon coast.
Sorry everyone but I've found that this "lifetime warranty" is a total joke. I tried to activate it more than once and what a hassle. X-( They direct you to a third party. Then that third party tells you that you have to send back your defective pieces at your own expense. Half the time the same pieces aren't even made anymore and they want to substitute something else! :O I've always wanted to get on air during In the Kitchen (with either Bob or David) when Bob Warden was on there and ask all of them if they've ever tried putting in a claim for the "lifetime warranty". ?:| I would bet none of them have. A total joke. I don't buy CE anymore, they just don't hold up and I'm not a rough cook. Tri-ply is more expensive yes but it lasts so much longer than those impact-bonded base pots and pans. Hope you guys have much more luck than I did. ;-)
--
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

depglass126401861022674 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
I can destroy a pan in a couple years, at least the skillets. I wouldn't dream of sending one back. I bet they are sorry they ever started this lifetime warranty nonsense.

Sunshine K­ate126404264711666 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky
CE has a lifetime limited warranty. The limited is where they get you.

Kate

Venezia12640430872633 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007
I have quite a few pieces of Cook's Essentials and I haven't noticed that they've held up any better than other cookware I've bought over the years.
I've never even bothered to try to get a piece replaced under the lifetime warranty, but maybe what the "limited" means is that it's limited to the lifetime of the defective piece......and since the piece is "defective" it's no longer "alive".....so no longer warrantied......... ]:)
Sorry, just couldn't resist. I often find these "lifetime warranties" to be totally meaningless. By the time you've spent the money to return the "defective" piece, you might as well just throw it out and buy something else. There's always a catch!

OldFoogey12640469471854 PostsRegistered 4/20/2007
I needed a lid replaced from my fryer and glad to say that it was replaced without any problem. I didn`t have to sent in my old one, had it about eight years.

Page 1 of 1