TSV(R) Preview
84 Members and 15665 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Account Closed?????

Started 1263848542 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1263952147 by KathyPet
I am totally baffled...I logged into order something today and a message came up that my account had been closed. I called customer service and the only thing they could tell me was that I had to call or write to the corporate office. I did get the number of the "presidents office", but was only able to leave a message. How can they do this without any explanation or warning...Also, I have a $50 credit on the account they cancelled...Talk about really bad customer service!
Anybody else have this happen?
Joanne

Page 1 of 2
depglass126385067622644 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
If you really don't have a clue what you might have done, perhaps someone has hacked your account.

Sapphire A­ngel126385166115 PostsRegistered 1/18/2010
My account has been closed too. I have no idea why.

MotleyCrue­4EVA12638519913096 PostsRegistered 7/17/2009South of Baltimore
A lot of credit card companies close accounts for inactivity.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option"

summer12312638521956 PostsRegistered 12/22/2009
No inactivity from me...I order all the time which is even more shocking as to why! I just talked to 3 separate Reps. and they told me I had to write to the corporate office to find out why. I have never dealt with such poor customer service in my life.

sunshine45126385258338052 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast
perhaps you had an easy pay that did not get paid for some reason?? i would call, write, and fax if that is available.

Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind. - author unknown

ok4ablonde212638528758837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest
Did you have too many returns?

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

azqfan12638530483509 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004
Aren't the Forums connected to the QVC account? I thought you had to have an account to be able to post on these boards.

Maria Loui­sa1263853559571 PostsRegistered 7/5/2009
Perhaps they are doing maintenance to GE QCard. Something like that happened to me, I was unable to access my account, warning invalid name, password etc etc. Called CS, said I was just in my account then it vanished, she could not explain, told me to call GE but then said that maintenance was being done on QCard and to try later. Had no problem when I tried later.

SuzyBailey12638539405331 PostsRegistered 6/17/2007NEW YORK, NEW YORK
This happened to me last summer, called CS and it was because on of my cards had expired that had an easy pay on it and they said they couldn't contact me??????? I told them I order every week and they gladly accepted payment so why couldn't they reach me????????
Anyway, I paid off the easy pay item and it was fine after that. This is why I will never do easy pay again. Also, this is why I don't order like I did from the Q.
--
Never place a period where God has placed a comma.......
Gracie Allen

azqfan12638540733509 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004
Is the OP referring to her QCard account or her QVC account? Two totally different issues.

sunshine45126385410638052 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast
> Aren't the Forums connected to the QVC account? I
> thought you had to have an account to be able to post
> on these boards.
it is easy to open a new account.... just use a different email address. if you notice, the original poster only has a few posts, so i just assume she opened a new account.

Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind. - author unknown

summer12312638555086 PostsRegistered 12/22/2009
No, it was my membership account. My husband has a membership # too. His account is fine. I did write to the corporate headquarters. They told me it will take a few weeks to get back to me.

happyturtle12638568202225 PostsRegistered 5/13/2008
OK, either I am really really dense, or your posts aren't making any sense?
First you said you just discovered this problem today, and you called CS and they told you, you'd have to call or write to the corporate office. That alone seems very odd, if you had a past due easy pay(s), problem with a credit card, etc, they should be able to explain it to you.
Then you said you got the number for the President's Office.
Again, I don't know why you would get that. I am assuming that the President's Office does not generally handle CS issues. You said you could only leave a message.
Then, in a later post you said you "wrote to the corporate office" and they said it would take weeks to get back to you.
Since you just discovered the problem today, how could you write to someone and get a response? There's not even any mail service today??
And Why would it take Weeks to get back to you, on a closed account?
I'm not seeing really bad CS here, I'm seeing a whole lot of details left out of the story, or being "pranked".

azqfan12638571393509 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004
I agree the "few weeks" is a stretch. If you have a credit on a QVC account I don't think they can legally keep the funds and would have to send you a refund check.
They send letters when they close accounts for not paying a easy pay or when you have too many returns.
And the President's office is actually the President of Customer Service and is a regular route for customer service complaints. They do answer the phone and they do return calls. I can't imagine them telling anyone that it would take a few weeks unless they meant it might take a couple of weeks to receive a check for the credit.
--
Edited by azqfan at 01/18/2010 2:27 PM PST

Last edited on 1/18/2010

FrankieKay1263857827943 PostsRegistered 9/5/2008
Something doesn't seem right with this story?
How DOES one write to a corporate office, and get a response on the same day, especially when that day is a federal holiday with no mail delivery?
Also, it does appear the OP has the same nic as she did back before Christmas.
If you QVC account is closed, I don't believe you can post and I think you'd have to select a new nic.
If there's a problem, there's a problem. If this is someone playing, how silly!

Pecky12638580221457 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007
> OK, either I am really really dense, or your posts
> aren't making any sense?
>
> First you said you just discovered this problem
> today, and you called CS and they told you, you'd
> have to call or write to the corporate office. That
> alone seems very odd, if you had a past due easy
> pay(s), problem with a credit card, etc, they should
> be able to explain it to you.
>
> Then you said you got the number for the President's
> Office.
> Again, I don't know why you would get that. I am
> assuming that the President's Office does not
> generally handle CS issues. You said you could only
> leave a message.
>
> Then, in a later post you said you "wrote to the
> corporate office" and they said it would take weeks
> to get back to you.
>
> Since you just discovered the problem today, how
> could you write to someone and get a response?
> There's not even any mail service today??
>
> And Why would it take Weeks to get back to you, on a
> closed account?
>
> I'm not seeing really bad CS here, I'm seeing a whole
> lot of details left out of the story, or being
> "pranked".
ITA~ Something does not sound right here.

happyturtle12638581462225 PostsRegistered 5/13/2008
But she said she wrote to the corporate office, yet she just discovered this today! And she got a response.

Sherri Kay126386060725 PostsRegistered 12/23/2007
Happyturtle, I think what the OP is saying is if she writes to the President, CS says it will take 2-3 weeks for a response. I think you misunderstood because she said "they" instead of CS. Not sure, but that's how I read it.

summer12312638619166 PostsRegistered 12/22/2009
Yes, Sherri Kay that is exactly what I meant. I wrote to the President's office (per my phone call with 2 CS Reps. and a supervisor). And, yes I still have to "mail" the letter. Thank you for your positive reply.

MissLynn12638619291179 PostsRegistered 6/16/2007So Cal
The only problems I've had with QVC came from EZ-Pay installments that weren't paid for one reason or another. The last time I had this problem, payment #2 wasn't paid, but payment #3 was, so every time I called, I was told there wasn't a problem, until I asked them to look back at the history, and then we found it and fixed it.
Now, HSN, on the other hand closed my account with no notice whatsoever. Like the OP, I only found out when I tried to order something. I was told to call one person who was never in, and when I finally reached that person many calls later, was told that I had done something I hadn't and there was nothing I could do, account was gone forever. Guess I didn't spend enough money over at HSN because no one wanted to help me reinstate my account, and I just gave up.

Luv7Gypsies1263873335560 PostsRegistered 3/26/2005
Whenever I have had an issue with the Q, I call the Corporate Office and ask for a member of the Executive Staff. I always get through and get the issue resolved. Whether it is with an order or just a general complaint.
I have never had to just leave my name and wait on a call. I may have to wait for another call after I have spoke with them concerning an issue but never just to speak with one of them.
Most of the staff is very professional. Only had one time when I was not satisfied and I called back the next day. And it was an issue with the Bobbi Brown A/D shipping charges. I did prevail and I must say that was the only time I think even the Q was confused on what was going on. They are very well spoken and CUSTOMER SERVICE is their middle name or they would not be there. I sing their PRAISES LOUDLY.
I suggest you call back and speak with someone at Corporate.

Angry Bird12638826694879 PostsRegistered 10/17/2007TX
> I am totally baffled...I logged into order something
> today and a message came up that my account had been
> closed. I called customer service and the only thing
> they could tell me was that I had to call or write to
> the corporate office. I did get the number of the
> "presidents office", but was only able to leave a
> message. How can they do this without any
> explanation or warning...Also, I have a $50 credit on
> the account they cancelled...Talk about really bad
> customer service!
>
> Anybody else have this happen?
>
> Joanne
It hasn't happened to me but many other posters have had this same issue.
Most likely it is over an easy pay payment with your credit card . If your cc on file expired and QVC didn't get the new expiration date on record and they can't bill you for the easy pay...boom, account is closed until resolution. The problem is you are not notified of any "problem" and CS has been frozen out of your account. You are also 'locked out" so you can't review your orders or anything to do with your acct.
It isn't an issue with a QVC CC but ANY/ALL credit cards which involves easy pay options.
Good Luck getting it all worked out as it can only be resolved on the Corporate level once they close your account.
Unfortunately, this is how QVC handles expired CC issues with open easy pay payments.
--
Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.

KEEP LOOKIN' UP 'cuz that's where it all is!
~Kidd Kraddick~ 8/22/1959-7/29/2013

colson12638828387428 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007East Coast
> > I am totally baffled...I logged into order
> something
> > today and a message came up that my account had
> been
> > closed. I called customer service and the only
> thing
> > they could tell me was that I had to call or
> write to
> > the corporate office. I did get the number of
> the
> > "presidents office", but was only able to leave
> a
> > message. How can they do this without any
> > explanation or warning...Also, I have a $50
> credit on
> > the account they cancelled...Talk about really
> bad
> > customer service!
> >
> > Anybody else have this happen?
> >
> > Joanne
>
> It hasn't happened to me but many other posters have
> had this same issue.
> Most likely it is over an easy pay payment with
> th your credit card . If your cc on file expired
> and QVC didn't get the new expiration date on record
> and they can't bill you for the easy pay...boom,
> account is closed until resolution. The problem is
> you are not notified of any "problem" and CS has been
> frozen out of your account. You are also 'locked
> out" so you can't review your orders or anything to
> do with your acct.
>
> It isn't an issue with a QVC CC but ANY/ALL credit
> cards which involves easy pay options.
>
> Good Luck getting it all worked out as it can only be
> resolved on the Corporate level once they close your
> account.
>
> Unfortunately, this is how QVC handles expired CC
> issues with open easy pay payments.
>
> --
> Kindness is the language the blind can see and the
> deaf can hear.
not necessarily -- they usually send a letter out or.... This happened to me a couple of times, when I changed the number of my credit card and forgot to add the new number to the site. You also couldn't order -- I found out when my order was denied too! So there were two ways to find out. No mystery, and problem solved as soon as I updated the card information.

topanga53126389067396 PostsRegistered 12/13/2005
If it is a problem with an unpaid easy pay C/S CAN help you over the phone. (It happened to me.) Once you correct the problem, if your account has been closed, they will eventually reopen it, though it may take a little while.

PembrokeCo­rgiMom12638908411758 PostsRegistered 7/20/2009North Carolina
I got an e-mail when I needed to update the expiration date on a credit card. It was no big deal and no one closed my account. I paid off my easy pays and plan to order nothing for many months to come.

Phyllis (MOM and RN) and AJ (Pembroke Welsh Corgi-Red and White and Spoiled Rotten)

Page 1 of 2